(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,320 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 minutes ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 427.
#5351 3 years ago

Still having issues making post passes due to these weak feeling flippers.

My Maiden and Batman pass with lots of power behind it.

You'll see this one barely makes it to the top of the other flipper while it's down. When I try to catch it on the right flipper, it either hits the tip and goes down the drain, or I hit it right into the slings.

Anyone know what I can do about this?

#5352 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

You'll see this one barely makes it to the top of the other flipper while it's down. When I try to catch it on the right flipper, it either hits the tip and goes down the drain, or I hit it right into the slings.

That sucks. You'll probably just have to buy a whole new machine.

#5353 3 years ago

I had the same issue and found that bumping up the power on the right flipper to 240 gave me enough power to post pass from right to left. I’m using Titan Low Bounce rubbers which makes it more challenging so if you are using the default red rubber flippers that should definitely work. Minor detail but I do have my right flipper just a hair below center dot on the playfield.
Im guessing you have left flipper power at 255 and if so I would agree your power seems weak. I actually had an issue where the post pass was so strong left to right that it would roll back off the top of the right flipper. You could also wax your playfield and it’s will speed the ball up. Otherwise you’ll be getting really good at hitting the helicopter ramp.

#5354 3 years ago

Questions:

1. Angle of playfield? should be 7
2. Replaced flipper rubber recently? Try new red flipper rubber
3. Have you changed flipper power from defaults? Left should be 255, Right 235
4. Are your coil stops bad, I replaced mine after a couple hundred games as the ones from stern were blown out
5. What kind of sling rubber do you have, I have found anything but titans and real rubber give a dead bounce
6. Leveling, is your table level from left to right at top and bottom of playfield
7. Are your guide rails tightened?

These are all subtle, but tweaking each one could give better results, the biggest difference were coil stops, leveling left to right and at 7 degress and new red rubber from Pinball Life

#5355 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Questions:
4. Are your coil stops bad, I replaced mine after a couple hundred games as the ones from stern were blown out
5. What kind of sling rubber do you have, I have found anything but titans and real rubber give a dead bounce
6. Leveling, is your table level from left to right at top and bottom of playfield
These are all subtle, but tweaking each one could give better results

how did you get the flipper settings for power? is that was stern says?

#5356 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Questions:
These are all subtle, but tweaking each one could give better results, the biggest difference were coil stops, leveling left to right and at 7 degress and new red rubber from Pinball Life

Coil stops, coil sleeves, and springs all replaced.

I'm at 6.7 degrees and perfectly level side to side.

Stock power settings and red rubbers.

I noticed on one of the Stern streams, they were using black rubber. Did some games ship with black?

#5357 3 years ago

Did some games ship with black?

Pros did, as far as I know.

#5358 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Pros did, as far as I know.

Mine is a Pro from the first run and it shipped with red flipper rubbers.

#5359 3 years ago

i just go a pro and got black

#5360 3 years ago

Just (like two minutes ago) paid for my NIB Premium. Thanks to doomid for the hook-up!

From "an old-school '60's machine would be a cool conversation piece" to here in less than three years. Man...this hobby.

#5361 3 years ago

I noticed on one of the Stern streams, they were using black rubber. Did some games ship with black?

Try it at 7.0 measured at the flippers, it's a little change degree wise but could provide some more gravity momentum for the ball to react for a proper post pass

#5362 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

how did you get the flipper settings for power? is that was stern says?

In the settings menu, it highlights those numbers as the factory default settings

#5363 3 years ago

PF should be at 7° !!

from time to time i have had the same issue, and imo its not the flipper power.
try a different timing on the flippers when doing post passes, slower/faster.
waxing can change things too, try to just wax the area down there.

#5364 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

PF should be at 7° !!
from time to time i have had the same issue, and imo its not the flipper power.
try a different timing on the flippers when doing post passes, slower/faster.
waxing can change things too, try to just wax the area down there.

Wax his area “down there” ouch!

#5365 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Wax his area “down there” ouch!

haha sorry, english is not my native language, but i get the joke.

#5366 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

haha sorry, english is not my native language, but i get the joke.

Your English is good...
Was just trying to be the funny guy

#5367 3 years ago

I didn't know it was between the flippers you measure to, cause at the flippers I get 6.5 middle of the playfield I get 7 and towards the top I get 7.5. Maybe it's science or maybe I need a new level

#5368 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

In the settings menu, it highlights those numbers as the factory default settings

ok gotcha. but tell me if i'm wrong, but it just seems those settings made it to hard to hit the smart missile and the right orbit on the default power. and the loop is too hard to go with the right upper flipper without lowering it.

#5369 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

at the flippers I get 6.5 middle of the playfield I get 7 and towards the top I get 7.5

Playfields are rarely perfectly flat, especially with all that heavy stuff mounted on them. I'd take the average.

#5370 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I didn't know it was between the flippers you measure to, cause at the flippers I get 6.5 middle of the playfield I get 7 and towards the top I get 7.5. Maybe it's science or maybe I need a new level

Mine is the same. 6.7 degrees 3/4 way up the pf, and 6.2 between slings. I think slightly raised inserts can also change the level slightly when you measure.

#5371 3 years ago

So it's sounding like Stern is randomly sending some games with black rubber, and others with red?!?!

Anyone with a fairly new build get black rubber?

#5372 3 years ago

So I'm picking up a HUO JP Prem tomorrow and officially joining the club! Any tips, suggestions, must have mods I need to know about? No, I haven't read this 100+ long page thread yet

#5373 3 years ago

Our February 2020 pro came with black.

#5374 3 years ago

So it's sounding like Stern is randomly sending some games with black rubber, and others with red?!?!

Pro has black. Prem and LE have red. It’s in the Stern pics on their site.

#5375 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

ok gotcha. but tell me if i'm wrong, but it just seems those settings made it to hard to hit the smart missile and the right orbit on the default power. and the loop is too hard to go with the right upper flipper without lowering it.

That's because there are about a million variables making your game different from his. You need to find the settings that work best for your machine how you have it set up. Just like TV calibration settings, rarely can you just copy someone else's and have it be right for you. If they are too weak, bump them up until they feel good!

#5376 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Pro has black. Prem and LE have red. It’s in the Stern pics on their site.

The premium in the Stern streams has black.

#5377 3 years ago

My premium came with black.

#5378 3 years ago

The premium in the Stern streams has black.

They usually play pre-production models. My Prem made 4/20/2020 had red like in the pics.

#5379 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

My premium came with black.

Haha well now it seems like it’s random

#5380 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So I'm picking up a HUO JP Prem tomorrow and officially joining the club! Any tips, suggestions, must have mods I need to know about? No, I haven't read this 100+ long page thread yet

i believe shaker is high on most lists.

#5381 3 years ago

I have a March 2020 build with black rubbers. I actually have 3 red ones, might change them now.

#5382 3 years ago

Yup, now it definitely seems like it's random. I think I prefer the way black plays, so might change that out now. Maybe it will improve the post passes... Let's see!

#5383 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Shaker as mentioned would be top of the list... no other mod's needed imo... oh... I did hook my polk psw10 up to it if that counts as a mod... that silly lit up amber shooter rod keeps calling my name!

#5384 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Shaker as mentioned would be top of the list... no other mod's needed imo... oh... I did hook my polk psw10 up to it if that counts as a mod... that silly lit up amber shooter rod keeps calling my name!

Need Mirror blades

#5385 3 years ago

Mine has orange

E27FCFC7-478F-4C31-809E-9AF73BE89361 (resized).jpegE27FCFC7-478F-4C31-809E-9AF73BE89361 (resized).jpeg
#5386 3 years ago

For what it's worth, I cant stand the black stern rubbers. They shed black residue all over the balls. The black post sleves are the worst. If you pull one off and squeeze it, you'll find they're hard as a damn rock. Regardless of your preference between natural rubber, Titans, superbands, perfect play, etc.... I'd definitely get rid of the black rubber/post sleves ASAFP. I went with Green Titans on the flippers, clear Titans for rings, and Green Superbands on the post sleeves.

#5387 3 years ago

Red is softer, so the bounce will be different. I think I've become so used to playing with black standard rubber, that I just like the feel.

On another topic, does anyone know if there is a setting to register a TRex hot once the ball crossed the ramp opto, just like on the first TRex event (Trex Fed)?

I figure this might quell my frustration over TRex rejections. Nothing worse just needing to make that shot, and the Trex just isn't catching balls.

#5388 3 years ago

Red is softer, so the bounce will be different. I think I've become so used to playing with black standard rubber, that I just like the feel.
On another topic, does anyone know if there is a setting to register a TRex hot once the ball crossed the ramp opto, just like on the first TRex event (Trex Fed)?
I figure this might quell my frustration over TRex rejections. Nothing worse just needing to make that shot, and the Trex just isn't catching balls.

I believe it’s a setting in the last code. Check the read me.

#5389 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

For what it's worth, I cant stand the black stern rubbers. They shed black residue all over the balls. The black post sleves are the worst. If you pull one off and squeeze it, you'll find they're hard as a damn rock. Regardless of your preference between natural rubber, Titans, superbands, perfect play, etc.... I'd definitely get rid of the black rubber/post sleves ASAFP. I went with Green Titans on the flippers, clear Titans for rings, and Green Superbands on the post sleeves.

I swapped mine first with green silicon. But it was way to bouncy. So switched it back to the original ones which can take an impact without changing any ball into an airball. No I swapped it again with PU (PolyUrethane) version. These are green but not clear green, I am still testing these.

#5392 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Haha well now it seems like it’s random

Now that I think about it, I'll have to check, it may have come with red.
I don't think I flipped a single ball with the factory rubber.

#5393 3 years ago

Mine is the same. 6.7 degrees 3/4 way up the pf, and 6.2 between slings. I think slightly raised inserts can also change the level slightly when you measure.

Yeah that's low for this game, I bet if you cranked it to 7 at the flippers, the problem would go away, it'll take time to relearne the shots but I think you'lll have a better experience overall

#5394 3 years ago

I just put black rubber back on mine after going all around testing different ones....I started with red factory rubber, went to Pinball Life Perfect Play, then Titans, then Superbands, back to red rubber, now after all that, I'm liking the shots with the black rubber the best..

Here's my takeaway after doing about 2 weeks of consistant play with each type of flipper rubber

Black Rubber - best bounce, not too hard, not too soft like red rubber, nice consistancy with shots, best post passing and flipper tricks
Red Rubber - a little too squishy, have softer shot authority, harder to trap up and hit ramps with consistant power, leave red bits all over playfield after 50 plays, get dirty very fast
Perfect Play - slippery, dead bounce, awful
Titans - better than the Perfect play, too much ball slip and still somewhat dead bounce
Superbands - great at first, very hard which made shots really scream up ramps, much harder to control as they add tons of spin and crazy pyhsics to the ball, very hard to predict, makes shots easier but made game much too random and hectic, not fun when trying to progress

I have stuck with Titans for all the rings and posts though and this combination with the black flipper rubber provides the cleanest playfield and the best play overall...I'm really OCD about most things, this was no different

#5395 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I just put black rubber back on mine after going all around testing different ones....I started with red factory rubber, went to Pinball Life Perfect Play, then Titans, then Superbands, back to red rubber, now after all that, I'm liking the shots with the black rubber the best..
Here's my takeaway after doing about 2 weeks of consistant play with each type of flipper rubber
Black Rubber - best bounce, not too hard, not too soft like red rubber, nice consistancy with shots, best post passing and flipper tricks
Red Rubber - a little too squishy, have softer shot authority, harder to trap up and hit ramps with consistant power, leave red bits all over playfield after 50 plays, get dirty very fast
Perfect Play - slippery, dead bounce, awful
Titans - better than the Perfect play, too much ball slip and still somewhat dead bounce
Superbands - great at first, very hard which made shots really scream up ramps, much harder to control as they add tons of spin and crazy pyhsics to the ball, very hard to predict, makes shots easier but made game much too random and hectic, not fun when trying to progress
I have stuck with Titans for all the rings and posts though and this combination with the black rubber provides the cleanest playfield and the best play overall...I'm really OCD about most things, this was no different

I am of the same opinion in general.

The poly or silicone on the flippers just didn’t do it for me. In the playfield they’re fine - less residue - but I felt it changed the dynamics of the flippers too much. Red rubber on the flippers was my last stop but I too think the black provide a better overall feel than anything else.

#5396 3 years ago

i know i get a lot more airballs on this game after switching to superband posts from stern blacks. i'm not complaining, however. i have superbands everywhere on all my pins. they are way cleaner, which is very important. i don't want to be cleaning my games every week.

#5397 3 years ago

I also did some rubber testing. If the game is too hard for you, put back the original hard black post sleeves, they are much less bouncy! And the ball will not go crazy fast SDTM or straight outlane as often.
for the slings i got alot of airballs with superbands and silcon rubbers, went back to original!
outlane rubbers and slingrubbers anything else than original also will make the ball more unpredictable resulting in more drains.
on the flippers i went titans again, love them.

#5398 3 years ago

doublepost

#5399 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i know i get a lot more airballs on this game after switching to superband posts from stern blacks. i'm not complaining, however. i have superbands everywhere on all my pins. they are way cleaner, which is very important. i don't want to be cleaning my games every week.

I believe this is because the sterns are tapered which keeps the ball down. I asked stern support and they said they weren't but you can see they are slightly tapered. Titan is the only brand I know that has tapered.

#5400 3 years ago

Anyone know what setting allow the Trex to register hit by the ramp optos, rather than needing to catch? (Just like on Trex Fed event)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 14.95
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/108?hl=rockfordreplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.