(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 424.
#5301 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Anyone can help me out?
I want to rebuild the stern shooter rods lights, but i dont know where to attach the LEDs.
I will drill two holes and put a white through light kit there with a yellow foil.
I found some images of the original shooter rod kit, but since i know nothing about electricity i dont know how i can rebuild/order that plug, since its not just simple +/-
I am afraid to destroy a board or something with wrong wireing- i dont want to plug it to the GI, this thing has its own lightshow.
I also have a soldering iron if needed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not sure exactly what you're asking? Are you asking where to solder that red/black wire to the LED strip?

#5302 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Not sure exactly what you're asking? Are you asking where to solder that red/black wire to the LED strip?

yeah sorry, where is the original connection for the shooter rod? and how i can connect two cables from the LEDs there, i guess i need some kind of connector plastic like in the images.

#5303 3 years ago

The connection for the shooter rod is on the shaker board on the left side. I believe it's the bottom set of pins. If you don't have the connector, you could use a spade connector and push them on. I would take a picture but I sold my game over the weekend.

#5304 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

The connection for the shooter rod is on the shaker board on the left side. I believe it's the bottom set of pins. If you don't have the connector, you could use a spade connector and push them on. I would take a picture but I sold my game over the weekend.

thanks, how do i know which pins i have to use, if i know the right connection. because they all have multiple pins, no simple +/-

#5305 3 years ago

Doing the sluggish truck fix. Using the 3/32" allen head, I am putting some really hard pressure on the set screw and it is not giving, at least not very easily. For those that have done this, did you experience this level of effort to have to remove? Do not want to break or bend anything. I can feel the allen head start to bend, all be it is pretty flimsy. Also want to make sure I have the right location. See the attached photo. Thanks.

Truck Set screw (resized).jpgTruck Set screw (resized).jpg
#5306 3 years ago
Quoted from ElkGrovePinball:

Doing the sluggish truck fix. Using the 3/32" allen head, I am putting some really hard pressure on the set screw and it is not giving, at least not very easily. For those that have done this, did you experience this level of effort to have to remove? Do not want to break or bend anything. I can feel the allen head start to bend, all be it is pretty flimsy. Also want to make sure I have the right location. See the attached photo. Thanks.
[quoted image]

Right spot...it’s going to take some effort because of the Loctite.

#5307 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Right spot...it’s going to take some effort because of the Loctite.

Thanks. Finally got it to break loose. Truck is working like out of the box!

#5308 3 years ago

Is it normal for the gate leading to the pops to open while a ball is in the pop nest allowing for the ball to come out on the right of the truck?

#5309 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Is it normal for the gate leading to the pops to open while a ball is in the pop nest allowing for the ball to come out on the right of the truck?

yes. It happens.

#5310 3 years ago

I just realized my right upper flipper might be slightly out of alignment? How difficult is this to adjust before I attempt it?

3DA86E99-F0D9-430D-854F-AD058F54B218 (resized).jpeg3DA86E99-F0D9-430D-854F-AD058F54B218 (resized).jpeg

#5311 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I just realized my right upper flipper might be slightly out of alignment? How difficult is this to adjust before I attempt it?
[quoted image]

Seems bang on. It’s supposed to let the ball hit the post on the way down if you don’t flip.

#5312 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Seems bang on. It’s supposed to let the ball hit the post on the way down if you don’t flip.

Really? I thought it was supposed to line up perfectly at the flipper tip with the tiny whole(circle) in the playfield... am I wrong?

2E030C94-AD71-4EA2-AA6D-D64383E6868F (resized).png2E030C94-AD71-4EA2-AA6D-D64383E6868F (resized).png
#5313 3 years ago

Joined the club! Happy(ish) to be here. Purchased our JP Premium in May. I am absolutely happy AND disappointed in our purchase. Both? Yes.

The Good: We LOVE the game. The shots, ramps, moving T-Rex head, story, sounds, just awesome. JP is a hit for kids and adults. So glad we found one during the pandemic. This pin, along with our DI LE were our first pins (got them on the same day). A great match for our house.

The Bad: The T-Rex head stopped moving after 2 weeks. Locked in a down position and would not move up/down making the game unplayable. Eventually, I was able to disable the T-Rex, loosen the head upwards and prop it in place making the game playable without T-Rex movement.

The Ugly: Stern response has been...disappointing. I could be spoiled by the nearly instantaneous responses I received from Jersey Jack (they diagnosed issues immediately; sent pics/instructions; very supportive). It took Stern 10 days just to tell me to re-install update and change SD Card. It didn't work. It has been down nearly 3 weeks and we still don't have the parts. And they're not sure if it is the board or motor causing issue. I had to get the distributor involved just to get a response on sending parts!

Is this normal? Maybe the pandemic is making it tougher for Stern? It takes 3-6 days to get a response from Stern, with little to no direction, and still don't really have a clear path to repair. I know I'm a small customer, but wow.

Bottom line, we love the game. I really hope changing the motor just fixes it, we move on, and maybe Stern is just short-staffed right now...

IMG_4381.jpgIMG_4381.jpgIMG_4588.jpgIMG_4588.jpg
#5314 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

Really? I thought it was supposed to line up perfectly at the flipper tip with the tiny whole(circle) in the playfield... am I wrong?
[quoted image]

You are wrong - it will go sdtm if the flipper is aligned with the post.... ask me how I know.

#5315 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

[quoted image]

That alignment is correct for the lower flippers but the upper flipper alignment hole is designed differently as MrMikeman said. Here's a link to the post from Keith Elwin explaining it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/96#post-5516155

#5316 3 years ago
Quoted from KC_Green:

Joined the club! Happy(ish) to be here. Purchased our JP Premium in May. I am absolutely happy AND disappointed in our purchase. Both? Yes.
The Good: We LOVE the game. The shots, ramps, moving T-Rex head, story, sounds, just awesome. JP is a hit for kids and adults. So glad we found one during the pandemic. This pin, along with our DI LE were our first pins (got them on the same day). A great match for our house.
The Bad: The T-Rex head stopped moving after 2 weeks. Locked in a down position and would not move up/down making the game unplayable. Eventually, I was able to disable the T-Rex, loosen the head upwards and prop it in place making the game playable without T-Rex movement.
The Ugly: Stern response has been...disappointing. I could be spoiled by the nearly instantaneous responses I received from Jersey Jack (they diagnosed issues immediately; sent pics/instructions; very supportive). It took Stern 10 days just to tell me to re-install update and change SD Card. It didn't work. It has been down nearly 3 weeks and we still don't have the parts. And they're not sure if it is the board or motor causing issue. I had to get the distributor involved just to get a response on sending parts!
Is this normal? Maybe the pandemic is making it tougher for Stern? It takes 3-6 days to get a response from Stern, with little to no direction, and still don't really have a clear path to repair. I know I'm a small customer, but wow.
Bottom line, we love the game. I really hope changing the motor just fixes it, we move on, and maybe Stern is just short-staffed right now... [quoted image][quoted image]

Did you check under the skin of the T-Rex to see if any screws were loose or missing? I think in the past people have posted about T-Rex issues where missing or loose screws were the issue. Just an idea to maybe check if you haven't already. Hope it gets resolved for you soon.

#5317 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

That alignment is correct for the lower flippers but the upper flipper alignment hole is designed differently as MRMikeman said. Here's a link to the post from Keith Elwin explaining it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/96#post-5516155

Thanks so much for confirming. Very helpful. I won’t mess with it!

#5318 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Did you check under the skin of the T-Rex to see if any screws were loose or missing? I think in the past people have posted about T-Rex issues where missing or loose screws were the issue. Just an idea to maybe check if you haven't already. Hope it gets resolved for you soon.

I second what Eaglepin says. In addition, I'd call stern old school style with your phone. Forget Emails. I called them a few times shortly after the game was released for various little fixes and had great success. Emails sometimes get "neglected" unfortunately. Like the old saying goes, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".

#5319 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

[quoted image]

That flipper alignment is dead on bud. Flip away!

#5320 3 years ago
Quoted from KC_Green:

Bottom line, we love the game. I really hope changing the motor just fixes it, we move on, and maybe Stern is just short-staffed right now... [quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a bummer. My responses from Stern were great but maybe they are/were asking around before replying since yours seems to be a unique issue. It does sound like you will get it resolved and with these covid times there isn’t the same expectation due to staffing etc. Hope it gets fixed with the parts they sent out.

#5321 3 years ago

Played again tonight and T-Rex isn't catching again.

Looks like the jaw drops and hit the ramp initially, then after a few seconds, it closes and reopens slightly to the left.

Also, the jaw occasionally stays half open, so that the ball gets lodged under it.

Can anyone identify the problem from this video? Best to watch it in slow-mo.

#5322 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Looks like the jaw drops and hit the ramp initially, then after a few seconds, it closes and reopens slightly to the left.
Also, the jaw occasionally stays half open, so that the ball gets lodged under it.

I’ve never seen this before and I don’t believe any of the settings would adjust for this. I’ll be keeping an eye on this in case it happens to me.

#5323 3 years ago

The first time the mouth closes (at the 17 second mark), had you been cradling the flipper in the up position? If so, the game might have gone into the Game Status screen and the T-Rex mouth does close when that happens. I just double checked it on mine to make sure. If you activate a T-Rex mode and then cradle the ball the mouth closes when the status screen comes on and then it immediately reopens when you lower the flipper again.

To me, that first miss at the 24 second mark looks like a good shot that should be caught but maybe the ramp opto didn't trigger for the magnet to catch it. Have you done the software test of the left ramp optos? Here's a link to a post about the test and how it works.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/88#post-5558015

Definitely worth checking it out. This test should give you an idea as to whether or not the ball is hopping over the entrance ramp opto, which would mean the magnet in the mouth isn't being turned on to catch the ball.

As for the two quick open and closes of the mouth I don't know what would cause that and I don't think I've seen it happen on mine. I've had one time where the ball got stuck under the chin like that but it's only happened once on mine and I think (like in your video) it was after a missed catch.

#5324 3 years ago
Quoted from KC_Green:

Joined the club!

great duo pins !

#5325 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

yes. It happens.

Look at post #4084, where I've posted my fix for this.

#5326 3 years ago

One other thing I've noticed us that my post passes seem weak. Either it's a small skip that barely makes it over to the other flipper, or it falls short and hits the tip of the other flipper.

I'm pretty good at post passes, so it's not that. Also, all my other games like Maiden, Batman, TWD have nice strong passes.

Anyone else experience this and know how to fix?

#5327 3 years ago

One other thing I've noticed us that my post passes seem weak. Either it's a small skip that barely makes it over to the other flipper, or it falls short and hits the tip of the other flipper.
I'm pretty good at post passes, so it's not that. Also, all my other games like Maiden, Batman, TWD have nice strong passes.
Anyone else experience this and know how to fix?

Yep same. I don't know how you do your post passes but if you leave the receiving flipper down, let the ball bounce and roll up a bit, you should be able to trap it on it's way down. I know my son does his passing with the receiving flipper already up and it often doesn't work on JP.

#5328 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yep same. I don't know how you do your post passes but if you leave the receiving flipper down, let the ball bounce and roll up a bit, you should be able to trap it on it's way down. I know my son does his passing with the receiving flipper already up and it often doesn't work on JP.

The problem is, sometimes the passes are so weak, that up or down on the receiving flipper won't really matter.

No other game feels like that. All my other games are either super strong passes, or just right.

Anyone else have this issue with JP or any other Stern, and know how to fix it?

I've replaced the coil stops and coil sleeves on both flippers. I've used the spacer tool to ensure there is some up/down play on the flipper bat. Just feels like this game is off.

#5329 3 years ago

One other thing I've noticed us that my post passes seem weak...Anyone else experience this and know how to fix?

I can consistently and easily pass from left flipper to right. My right to left doesn't have enough juice (or just doesn't bounce "right") to bounce up the left flipper so I can trap it - R to L lands about 2/3 of the way down the L flipper so my only option is to let it bounce once then shoot for the A, O, or S shots. I'm not sure what I could tweak to make this more reliable (without changing the alignment which I think is dialed in)

#5330 3 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

I can consistently and easily pass from left flipper to right. My right to left doesn't have enough juice (or just doesn't bounce "right") to bounce up the left flipper so I can trap it - R to L lands about 2/3 of the way down the L flipper so my only option is to let it bounce once then shoot for the A, O, or S shots. I'm not sure what I could tweak to make this more reliable (without changing the alignment which I think is dialed in)

I'm just confused why other recent games like my BM66 and Maiden feel nice and strong on passes, but JP just doesn't.

Hoping I can find an answer to this.

#5331 3 years ago

I'm just confused why other recent games like my BM66 and Maiden feel nice and strong on passes, but JP just doesn't.

Not sure about Maiden, but BM66 ships from the factory with flippers a tad drooped (lower than exact center of the alignment dot/hole). That could be it. Whenever I'm having issues with a pass, I'll do a little flick, then when it moves out a tad, flick again and it generally moves over well. There's some trial and error of course on any game.

#5332 3 years ago

This may just be the physical characteristics of this particular game. KME uses star posts where the other designers use the narrow posts.

#5333 3 years ago

This comment might not be too helpful, but I have Maiden and JP and can flipper path both sides easily. The JP fillets actually feel more solid to me than Maiden. Not sure how else to explain it.

#5334 3 years ago

from time to time i have had problems with the right pass, but now it works perfectly.

#5335 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

from time to time i have had problems with the right pass, but now it works perfectly.

Are the flipper bats on this title supposed to be dead centre with the holes, or slightly lower?

#5336 3 years ago

Are the flipper bats on this title supposed to be dead centre with the holes, or slightly lower?

The lower flippers yes, the upper one no.

#5337 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The lower flippers yes, the upper one no.

And left power should be 255, and 235 on the right?

#5338 3 years ago

That's up to you. All games play differently. If we both put or JPs next to each other, they would be different no matter how exactly we tried to set them up. Generally if you are getting air balls, turn the power down a little, otherwise as long as you can make the ramps, you're good to go. I believe I left my lower flippers at whatever the default was and have tried a couple different settings for the upper.

#5339 3 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

I have the same issue...really strange. My left to right is no problem and very consistent. My right to left doesn't work a lot of the time. The flippers seem dialed in so I don't know what the deal is

#5340 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I have the same issue...really strange. My left to right is no problem and very consistent. My right to left doesn't work a lot of the time. The flippers seem dialed in so I don't know what the deal is

+1. It's maddening.

#5341 3 years ago

thats factory setting, yes.
imo just turn down the ball eject power to a very low setting, flipper power is ok as it is.

So noone can take a picture of the stern shooter rod connection? so i know where i have to plug it in.

#5342 3 years ago

Here ya go.

2E20F2B1-EBE9-45C2-9CF8-3CBA82297235 (resized).jpeg2E20F2B1-EBE9-45C2-9CF8-3CBA82297235 (resized).jpegB083D352-1410-4238-BC57-DC55EA48C3CD (resized).jpegB083D352-1410-4238-BC57-DC55EA48C3CD (resized).jpeg
#5343 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

thats factory setting, yes.
imo just turn down the ball eject power to a very low setting, flipper power is ok as it is.
So noone can take a picture of the stern shooter rod connection? so i know where i have to plug it in.

The Stern rod has 2 independent LEDs hence the 3 wires.

#5344 3 years ago
Quoted from Brady2Gronk:

Here ya go.
[quoted image][quoted image]

thanks!

#5345 3 years ago
Quoted from Brady2Gronk:

Here ya go.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Could you be so kind and shoot a pic of the shooter rod plate inside the cabinet id like to see what stern did thank you

#5346 3 years ago

shaker install newb here. i found the bulletin explaining the capacitor thing. we definitely install that on JP, right? what the hell is that other cable? not needed on JP, maybe? thanks a lot.

IMG_20200609_154151079[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20200609_154151079[1] (resized).jpg
#5347 3 years ago

no patience. installed the capacitor thing; didn't do anything with that other cable. powered up and it's working.

how about your external sub low pass and phase setup, guys?

#5348 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

shaker install newb here. i found the bulletin explaining the capacitor thing. we definitely install that on JP, right? what the hell is that other cable? not needed on JP, maybe? thanks a lot.
[quoted image]

The red and black wired cable was included with your shaker? I remember getting some extra wiring of some sort with my Stern SPIKE 2 shaker motor. It also had instruction on how it was to be added......but I don't think it was that type of cable.

If I'm not mistaken....the thing with the red and black wire (and the fuse holder) is meant to plug into the ticket connection (CN11) on the Cabinet Node board to supply +12v to a mod or something with a WhiteStar / SAM type power connection. It's a 5 pin connection. 1st pin is +12v, the 4th pin is Ground.....yep, that looks like what it is, but I don't know what that would have to do with a shaker motor.

#5349 3 years ago

yes, that definitely came with the shaker; weird. actually, it might have came with the capacitor cable now that i think about it. no worries. ty.

i am curious on how you guys have your subwoofers tuned. i have low pass at 80 and phase at 0 right now, but i'm no expert.

#5350 3 years ago

Here’s the plate. Slots are for the wires as you install the housing.

667E740F-595B-4B70-BE36-7ACFD653A734 (resized).jpeg667E740F-595B-4B70-BE36-7ACFD653A734 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 35.00
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/107?hl=mrmikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.