(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 424.
#5201 3 years ago

Is this why they cutoff pinball browser?

#5202 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Is this why they cutoff pinball browser?

That’s interesting maybe it’s already in the code

#5203 3 years ago

$625 DLC. Does the new code come with video of Gary laughing at you?

#5204 3 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

church, meet fart...didn't really read the room on this one, eh?

I don’t see an issue showing off a new product even if it doesn’t interest everyone.

#5205 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I don’t see an issue showing off a new product even if it doesn’t interest everyone.

I don't think he was directing it at you I assumed it was directed it at Stern.

Thanks for sharing.

#5206 3 years ago

I would have been on the fence had it been $400. Thank you Stern for making my decision remarkably easier.

Hard pass

#5207 3 years ago

Well now I want to buy the Tilt Topper.

#5208 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Difference is showing off the new product vs. posting an advertisement for your business. The product had clearly already been shown off in post #5172, which was a copy/paste from the Stern shop picture and description of the product letting people know what it was and that it's available. If you were truly only interested in showing off a new product then you would have done something similar.

But you posted it without the descriptive text and with the picture plastered with your business e-mail and phone number all over it, which is clearly intended as an advertisement of your business.

So your response saying you were just showing off a new product seems at best a misleading half-truth and at worst, well.... At least own up to what your real intent was, which was to advertise yourself as selling the product.

#5209 3 years ago

Stern could at least post a video of what the unlocked mode is. I could make some assumptions but why not post a video to support the cost of $600....

#5211 3 years ago

Stern JP topper.

$600.

Spooky R&M topper.

Free.

Make of that what you will.

#5212 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well now I want to buy the Tilt Topper.

I'll sell my Tilt topper

#5213 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Stern could at least post a video of what the unlocked mode is. I could make some assumptions but why not post a video to support the cost of $600....

That's a major gripe I have with this as well. It's just one static image, not showing anything to help sell you on the $600. Freaking crazy. I wonder if this one will arrive broken and missing parts like many of the Star Wars toppers did.

#5214 3 years ago

That topper is joke, thats just the beginning... just wait for the hidden feature on the TMNT.

#5215 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

A PINBALL FIRST! This interactive topper enables a special mode on your JP game! And you thought this game couldn’t get any better?

How do you sleep at night?

#5216 3 years ago

Be sure to post if you purchase one!

We’d all love to publicly shame you

#5217 3 years ago

Does the topper come with KY and a kiss from Gary on the neck? This is worse than the UV kit debacle.

#5218 3 years ago

Unreal! I was in on a TMNT LE but I may cancel that out of principle, can’t moan about stuff like this then chuck down the change to buy an LE, think my NIB days are done!

$14.5 USD for a LE now here in the U.K, but if I want all the modes features there’s another 500+ so the best part of $15k USD, no thanks.

#5219 3 years ago

I wonder if it will be possible to just enable the topper in settings (to get the new mode), but not actually have it. I mean, the usual Stern topper connection doesn't allow two-way communication, does it?

I'm a fan of new modes, but not a big fan of toppers. Especially not ones that are a few flat plastics and LED strips for $600.

#5220 3 years ago

...not to mention, my least favorite topper design: game logo right on top of game logo.

#5221 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I wonder if it will be possible to just enable the topper in settings, but not actually have it. I mean, the usual Stern topper connection doesn't allow two-way communication, does it?
I'm a fan of new modes, but not a big fan of toppers. Especially not ones that are a few flat plastics and LED strips for $600.

If Stern is smart they will drop the mode for all at a discount rate in the future.

#5222 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If Stern is smart they will drop the mode for all at a discount rate in the future.

Charging for the mode separately will bring out even more pitchforks than including it with a topper. People are quick to say "I'm done buying Sterns!" but I really would be if they start selling modes a la carte. I don't care if they sell a bunch of cosmetic chotchkies, I'm in it for the gameplay.

#5223 3 years ago

Wow, $600 for a plastic laser cut topper and a special mode? Man, I was excited for the topper to come out and, somehow, they turned something that should have been fun into something that makes me feel like a sucker.

#5224 3 years ago

I'm kind of surprised they didn't do something animatronic, my dream topper would be an animated dilophosaurus that opens its "umbrella" at you.

#5225 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Charging for the mode separately will bring out even more pitchforks than including it with a topper. People are quick to say "I'm done buying Sterns!" but I really would be if they start selling modes a la carte. I don't care if they sell a bunch of cosmetic chotchkies, I'm in it for the gameplay.

I agree. They can sell whatever goods they want, but until now it seemed understood that all buyers of a machine got all code that was produced to work on their version of the machine. Selling additional code (whether or not it's packaged with a topper or something else) seems to represent a change in that fundamental understanding. I don't like it. I really have been just about to take the plunge on an Elvira and that will now wait until I see if this is their new model going forward. It'll be interesting to see if they have a "surprise additional $$$ feature" baked into TMNT, because I'm not supporting a company that operates like that.

#5226 3 years ago

This thing should have been $100 to $150 tops, and that's really stretching it...anymore is sucker money

#5227 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Well I think its fair to say a Stern pin should launch with 100% complete code. If after a year or two they want to drop new features for a fee I don't see anything wrong with that. This whole thing that code is never done and then they want you to pay is pretty suspect.

#5228 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

$625 DLC. Does the new code come with video of Gary laughing at you?

no

but Gary is IN the topper, and sometimes he pop up at the T-REX place... and than i suppose he's laughing (each time a coin fall in the coin door)

#5229 3 years ago

Now is it confirmed that the special mode relates to the playfield or gameplay or does the Topper actually do anything else once all the letters are spelled out?

#5230 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If after a year or two they want to drop new features for a fee I don't see anything wrong with that.

Shhh, they can hear you.

#5231 3 years ago

We can all bitch and complain about it to our hearts content, but until rich old dudes stop buying these, Stern will continue to push the limits. I'm sure Meny is going to report on a future podcast how these just flew off the shelve for him.

#5232 3 years ago

Hot garbage, thanks Stern.

#5233 3 years ago

Looks like the folks that were clamoring for DLC got their wish

#5234 3 years ago

How long before someone sorts out and releases the code that activates the special mode without the dumb topper? Not only is this basically DLC but you are forced to buy something you might not even like just to get the full game unlock? Stern is making Amiibos now?

#5235 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

How long before someone sorts out and releases the code that activates the special mode without the dumb topper? Not only is this basically DLC but you are forced to buy something you might not even like just to get the full game unlock? Stern is making Amiibos now?

This is likely why pinball browser has been locked out, if it was a one off Stern wouldn’t have gone to the trouble of locking out pinball browser.

Whether its a hardware add on like the UV kit or additional code unlocks with toppers this is the new norm moving forward.

#5236 3 years ago

Looks like Stern is trying to recoup all of their losses during the shutdown with one topper. Sorry, but that thing is a piece of shit. This is really getting out of hand now. We need to stop supporting this garbage.

#5237 3 years ago

Guys!
Lay off Zach! Newsflash.. selling pinball machines and the accessories is his business. That’s what he does. So what if he posted a pic with his company info! There are hundreds, if not thousands of posts here on pinside from guys trying to sell their products. How is this any different?

#5238 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I wonder if it will be possible to just enable the topper in settings (to get the new mode), but not actually have it. I mean, the usual Stern topper connection doesn't allow two-way communication, does it?

That is where my head went too... if that communication isn't two way then this should be able to be leveraged to unlock the content ourselves... at the same time though I suspect this will only drive up the price people charge for their aftermarket toppers.

#5239 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

There are hundreds, if not thousands of posts here on pinside from guys trying to sell their products. How is this any different?

The product he's advertising is hot garbage?

#5240 3 years ago

There's probably a node board in there and the mode won't fire off without seeing it. Hence the price... can't let any of those $40 node boards out of the building for under $500!

#5241 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

There's probably a node board in there and the mode won't fire off without seeing it. Hence the price... can't let any of those $40 node boards out of the building for under $500!

You added a 0 to your $4 node board by mistake....

#5242 3 years ago

I will say this: I'm glad the mode is a multiple-game add-a-letter thing, meaning it'll likely always be disabled in competition gameplay and won't really become a factor in the rulesheet or game strategy. At least that's my hope.

#5243 3 years ago

I'll just say this... EaglePin is a freaking awesome guy, and that Stern topper is a total piece of sh#t!

I was also considering a TMNT, but with the fact I'm still working out problems on Jurassic after 6 months, Dwight and his code debacles, and most importantly, all this greediness that Stern is trying to pull off with toppers and other junk, I'M OUT!

I'll wait to see what JJP puts out next, or I'll go back and buy some older games that I have had on my list.

Vote with your wallets! Don't sit around complaining about a company that cuts corners and gouges their loyal customers, and then give them your hard earned money.

#5244 3 years ago

MAYBE looking at the bright side here. Since this code has saved progress similar to CO-OP...MAYBE CO-OP is coming to JP? Struggling to keep positive on just purchasing a new pin to then have a pay for feature come out.

#5245 3 years ago

I get being upset on the one hand but would you want a $400 topper without the code anyhow?

CGC makes the only worthwhile toppers and it comes with the game.

As for STH and the light add on, which is a must have, Stern has to start disclosing this UP FRONT

#5246 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Stern JP topper.
$600.
Spooky R&M topper.
Free.
Make of that what you will.

Sure, Stern actually delivers their products .

I am in no way defending the price tag, and the pictures make it look like a complete pile of shit, but do we really even know what it does to judge it based on a few stock images? The fact of the matter is this is a limited run product, and enough people own this amazing game that will certainly sell out. IM NOT SAYING IM ONE OF THEM, just tossing out a tiny bit of perspective.

The mode thing does piss me off though. I owned a Stranger Things, which I actually did like playing, but the 300 dollar led strip to see artwork ALREADY ON THE TABLE pissed me off so bad I got rid of the game out of principle.

Stern, if you are listening, we HATE this new trend you are starting. Nobody wants to pay hundreds of dollars to unlock something already in the game, its complete horse shit.

Bipolar rant over

#5247 3 years ago

Why do people keep saying limited run? Nowhere does Stern state that. The term limited scares people into buying with fear of missing out. Wait to see what it actually does before you buy.

“ Welcome to Jurassic Park! This topper interacts with your game by capturing dinosaurs to light a letter in Jurassic Park. Your letter progress carries over from game to game. Spell Jurassic Park for a special mode. There's no better way to top off your game!

Part number 502-7111-00
$599.99”

#5248 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Sure, Stern actually delivers their products .
I am in no way defending the price tag, and the pictures make it look like a complete pile of shit, but do we really even know what it does to judge it based on a few stock images? The fact of the matter is this is a limited run product, and enough people own this amazing game that will certainly sell out. IM NOT SAYING IM ONE OF THEM, just tossing out a tiny bit of perspective.
The mode thing does piss me off though. I owned a Stranger Things, which I actually did like playing, but the 300 dollar led strip to see artwork ALREADY ON THE TABLE pissed me off so bad I got rid of the game out of principle.
Stern, if you are listening, we HATE this new trend you are starting. Nobody wants to pay hundreds of dollars to unlock something already in the game, its complete horse shit.
Bipolar rant over

The point folks are upset about isn’t the limited nature and therefore expensive. Stern has already bent many over on that premise alone like the SW toppers and dummies still go for it.

This is all about the introduction of new game code which would be a new dirty path they’re establishing ala DLC

If this ends up being non code related than its false advertising as it clearly says mode. Either way it’s terrible

#5249 3 years ago

Ordered some plastic palm trees off of amazon. What is the best way to mount them around the game? Is there a specific plastic connector I can order off Amazon that connects to the tapered end of the tree trunks and easily mounts to existing game screws? Or maybe an adhesive backing that allows these to stand in areas without screw holes. Thanks in advance for the assist!

Trees (resized).JPGTrees (resized).JPG
#5250 3 years ago

Get some aluminum rods from Hobby Lobby (or the like). Flatten the bottom of the tree by cutting of the tab and then drill a small hole the size of the rod. Cut a small piece of rod (about an inch) and with pliers bend one end into a loop and insert the straight side into the bottom of the tree. Shorten the straight end as needed. Loosen a post nut or cap, insert under and tighten down. Presto.

Happy I finally had a use for these photos I took, lol.

94634D16-33E3-48B2-969F-373AD03E1F3A (resized).jpeg94634D16-33E3-48B2-969F-373AD03E1F3A (resized).jpegF22E1FE6-A51D-488F-AA70-1AB49AD466C3 (resized).jpegF22E1FE6-A51D-488F-AA70-1AB49AD466C3 (resized).jpeg92DABC53-4852-457F-AB8A-4F474DAD5CDD (resized).jpeg92DABC53-4852-457F-AB8A-4F474DAD5CDD (resized).jpeg50839802-5074-4601-8008-336546D9EA87 (resized).jpeg50839802-5074-4601-8008-336546D9EA87 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Playfields
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 35.00
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/105?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.