(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,285 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by MrMikeman
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 426.
#5051 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Is there any way to disable the t-rex multiball?
I usually just trap up and wait the 30sec or so, but it would be easier, if you were just able to disable it.

Why would you skip it? Even if jackpots are low, you can trap and shoot rescues or whatnot with the other ball...

If you shoot jackpots in C-H-A-O-S order, each doubles and you can make some good points even with a low starting value...

Failing all that, I think you can set T-Rex modes so that all are available from start, so you could change the upcoming mode and delay TRMB til later.

#5052 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Why would you skip it? Even if jackpots are low, you can trap and shoot rescues or whatnot with the other ball...
If you shoot jackpots in C-H-A-O-S order, each doubles and you can make some good points even with a low starting value...
Failing all that, I think you can set T-Rex modes so that all are available from start, so you could change the upcoming mode and delay TRMB til later.

Well, it halts all progression. Little return, stops flow, takes time, and atleast i usually end up with the remaining ball out of controll.

#5053 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I usually just trap up and wait the 30sec or so, but it would be easier, if you were just able to disable it.

Why?

#5054 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Switch probably needs to be gapped properly. Give yours a look, the contacts are likely too close together.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-rebuilding-pop-bumpers#post-486060

Thank you, I will give that a try.

#5055 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

T-Rex MB is good opportunity to trap up and practice stage flipping for "O" Jackpot Shot. Good points can be had if you make Jackpot shots in order followed by Super at left ramp. It is disappointing sometimes when the hurry-up starts at such a low value though.

#5056 3 years ago

I wanted to share some pics of Mods I added.
The Amber Egg from Ebay, was too large for a shooter Rod.
The Control flasher bothered me, so I removed the top plastic, and the flasher dome, as well as lowered the height. I added a cut off a regular flasher dome to diffuse the direct LED, but I may diffuse even further. The Amber Egg lights Nicely.
In the upper right, I added a Bronto, and vegetation to cover the light socket and direct light.
Now the light, illuminates behind the tree with a nice glow, and still lights the tower, but is hidden better.

AMBER EGG (resized).jpgAMBER EGG (resized).jpgBRONTO LIGHT1 (resized).jpgBRONTO LIGHT1 (resized).jpgBRONTOLIGHT2 (resized).jpgBRONTOLIGHT2 (resized).jpg
#5057 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I believe there is a setting that disables the T-Rex and makes the game behave more like the Pro version. Not sure where it is located in the menu though.

#5058 3 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

There are five new Pinside users on this page alone who have a Jurassic Park as their first machine. Guess it was a good idea for Stern to make the third JP machine after all, bringing in new people to the hobby.

It was my 1st game and i love it. I do think Maiden is just a hair better, but both killer in a two game lineup. Having a blast.

#5059 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

It was my 1st game and i love it. I do think Maiden is just a hair better, but both killer in a two game lineup. Having a blast.

Ok, that wasn’t completely true. I had a Judge Dredd 7 years ago.

#5060 3 years ago

Finally got my topper in from Tilt! I know this is the older version, but I actually like it better than the newer limited edition one.

20200511_204658 (resized).jpg20200511_204658 (resized).jpg
20200511_204643 (resized).jpg20200511_204643 (resized).jpg

#5061 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Finally got my topper in from Tilt! I know this is the older version, but I actually like it better than the newer limited edition one.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What’s the newer limited edition one? Is it by stern and still to be announced ?

#5062 3 years ago

Anyone have a link to some good alternate instruction/pricing cards for this game?
I have only seen 1 or 2 so far but nothing that has grabbed my attention to print up.
I would think a title as popular as this would have tons of cards available, but I just can't seem to find them. Even in the custom apron cards thread.

#5063 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

What’s the newer limited edition one? Is it by stern and still to be announced ?

It's this one (also by Tilt):

957adc41960a2962327791cc0e5ad67485433cc4.jpeg (resized).jpg957adc41960a2962327791cc0e5ad67485433cc4.jpeg (resized).jpg

#5064 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Just ordered one for my DEJP before I saw this post.
Glad I did.

#5065 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Well, it halts all progression. Little return, stops flow, takes time, and atleast i usually end up with the remaining ball out of controll.

Yep, I get you... the progression halt is a bummer. I usually either try to get a paddock going first so I have rescues to shoot, or I go all in, start TRMB immediately and focus solely on getting a max hurryup and jackpots in order, trying to beat a 240M record TRMB.

#5066 3 years ago

New member of the owners club here! Finally got my JP Pro delivered last week after 2 months of waiting... and I'm STOKED!! This is also my first pin so is extra special =)
This was an ex-operations pin (only 6 months of use) so hadn't been given much love. I was proud that I was able to fix a few minor issues and felt like a proper pinhead doing so. There is a couple of issues that I cant fix though...

Firstly the truck wont always return to the newton ball when given a light hit, this occurs on both sides. You can see in the photos that it stops about 10mm before. I've added a little lubrication, and with a little shaking it will return to its resting place. It feels like it is catching on something but I cant see the issue. Anyone else had this problem and know if a fix?

The second issue is when the ball is feeding to the flipper via the right inlane. As the ball passes the thick end of the flipper it bounces out slightly and doesn't run smoothly down the flipper. Before I gave this a good clean I noticed that the dirty ball trail on the playfield also angled away from the flipper on the right side a little. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I'm pretty new to the scene and the forum, so pleas advise if this is in the wrong place. TIA for any help!

20200524_200450 (resized).jpg20200524_200450 (resized).jpg20200524_200513 (resized).jpg20200524_200513 (resized).jpg
#5067 3 years ago
Quoted from Andy_Chapman:

New member of the owners club here! Finally got my JP Pro delivered last week after 2 months of waiting... and I'm STOKED!! This is also my first pin so is extra special =)
This was an ex-operations pin (only 6 months of use) so hadn't been given much love. I was proud that I was able to fix a few minor issues and felt like a proper pinhead doing so. There is a couple of issues that I cant fix though...
Firstly the truck wont always return to the newton ball when given a light hit, this occurs on both sides. You can see in the photos that it stops about 10mm before. I've added a little lubrication, and with a little shaking it will return to its resting place. It feels like it is catching on something but I cant see the issue. Anyone else had this problem and know if a fix?
The second issue is when the ball is feeding to the flipper via the right inlane. As the ball passes the thick end of the flipper it bounces out slightly and doesn't run smoothly down the flipper. Before I gave this a good clean I noticed that the dirty ball trail on the playfield also angled away from the flipper on the right side a little. Any ideas on how to fix this?
I'm pretty new to the scene and the forum, so pleas advise if this is in the wrong place. TIA for any help!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey Andy - welcome to the club mate!

Someone else posted in the last 1-2 month's that they were experiencing a similar issue to you with the newton ball stopping/catching before it reaches the static ball. I can't recall what was found on that particular one, but a few things the game was designed and plays best around 7% angle and make sure it's level side to side. There should be a small amount of movement up & down on the shaft and people have found that it does seem to gum up over time - solution is disassembling it and lubricating (check out post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/72#post-5414130). You might also need to inspect above and below the PF as to the cause of it catching

In regards to the return lane with the ball jumping when it travels between the ball guide and the top of the flipper, you need to loosen the screws on the ball guide and gently put force of the ball guide to align it better with the flipper and while holding pressure on the ball guide tighten the screws. You may need to do this a few times to get it aligned right - it's just part of dialing a machine in.

#5068 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

They're going to make more, I checked with Betson and Classicgame rooms, they both have large orders on back order. We'll have to wait till Stern opens back up.

Two showed up on Ebay, one is gone the other is there, but I'm not paying scalpers prices for it.

ebay.com link: Stern JURASSIC PARK SHOOTER KNOB Rare Only a few in stock 502 7101 00

#5069 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Two showed up on Ebay, one is gone the other is there, but I'm not paying scalpers prices for it.
ebay.com link » Stern Jurassic Park Shooter Knob Rare Only A Few In Stock 502 7101 00

hahaha watch the insect... thats one of the new stern rods and thats why the seller is selling it, looks like sht.
i laugh because of the description:
This is the impossible to find official Stern Jurassic Park Shooter knob. The shooter knob and rod is crowned with an illuminated egg-shaped amber globe, housing a suspended fossilized mosquito...the key to unlocking the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. Based on the movie prop, this is possibly the coolest pinball plunger ever made and fits all three Stern Jurassic Park pinball machines: Pro, Premium & LE. This official Jurassic Park shooter knob and rod adds a fun element to your pinball experience from the very first plunge.

#5070 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Post #4785, page 96. That's the fix for the newton ball issue.

#5071 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hey Andy - welcome to the club mate!
Someone else posted in the last 1-2 month's that they were experiencing a similar issue to you with the newton ball stopping/catching before it reaches the static ball. I can't recall what was found on that particular one, but a few things the game was designed and plays best around 7% angle and make sure it's level side to side. There should be a small amount of movement up & down on the shaft and people have found that it does seem to gum up over time - solution is disassembling it and lubricating (check out post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/72#post-5414130). You might also need to inspect above and below the PF as to the cause of it catching
In regards to the return lane with the ball jumping when it travels between the ball guide and the top of the flipper, you need to loosen the screws on the ball guide and gently put force of the ball guide to align it better with the flipper and while holding pressure on the ball guide tighten the screws. You may need to do this a few times to get it aligned right - it's just part of dialing a machine in.

Hey Manny65, I got the playfield up again and found the problem. The piece at the end of the rod under the playfield connected to the Jeep had come loose and slipped down. This was catching on the edge of the light sensor... now I just got to find the right sized allen key to tighten it!

Your tip for fixing the in lane issue worked a treat too, quick easy fix and plays much better now. I also adjusted the angle to 6.5deg and found that it did indeed play better.

Thanks for all the advise, she's playing like a dream now!

#5072 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

you can put the game in comp mode and it makes the trex multiball be the 4th trex mode, not the first..
check out our head to head challenges and full blown tournament strategy tutorial on a hard set up game for all your needs.
We covered most everything and its a very deep rule set.
Just made the video tonight 5-24-2020.

#5073 3 years ago

Just get this one instead. The bug looks a lot better. Yeah it doesn’t light up, but I’m not sure I want that to light up. I think lighting it up to call attention to it is sorta tacky. https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/jurassic-park-stern/products/jurassic-park-amber-with-mosquito-shooter-stern

#5074 3 years ago

Hey Manny65, I got the playfield up again and found the problem. The piece at the end of the rod under the playfield connected to the Jeep had come loose and slipped down. This was catching on the edge of the light sensor... now I just got to find the right sized allen key to tighten it!
Your tip for fixing the in lane issue worked a treat too, quick easy fix and plays much better now. I also adjusted the angle to 6.5deg and found that it did indeed play better.
Thanks for all the advise, she's playing like a dream now!

angle should be 7.0°

#5075 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

ebay.com link » Stern Jurassic Park Shooter Knob Rare Only A Few In Stock 502 7101 00

I contacted the classicgamerooms guy and he told me they will ship second week of June....he's got 40 on order, so you should be able to pick one up from him.

#5076 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Just get this one instead. The bug looks a lot better. Yeah it doesn’t light up, but I’m not sure I want that to light up. I think lighting it up to call attention to it is sorta tacky. https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/jurassic-park-stern/products/jurassic-park-amber-with-mosquito-shooter-stern

Modfather's stuff is really nice...but I already ordered the stern one over a month ago.

#5077 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I like theirs for sure but I do like the light up part personally, it looks even better lit up.

Quoted from kvan99:

I contacted the classicgamerooms guy and he told me they will ship second week of June....he's got 40 on order, so you should be able to pick one up from him.

I was going to order directly from Stern... or whomever offered the best shipping price to Canada actually.

#5078 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It's this one (also by Tilt):
[quoted image]

I am still waiting for this topper! Hopefully soon, I was emailed May 6th that my topper was shipping that week but I never received anything

#5079 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I am still waiting for this topper! Hopefully soon, I was emailed May 6th that my topper was shipping that week but I never received anything

Same here, I was told it was shipping a month ago, I've sent a couple of emails but never got an answer.

#5080 3 years ago

Did anyone else catch the co-op / team play in the TMNT stream? What are the chances JP could get those modes to share progression?

#5081 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Did anyone else catch the co-op / team play in the TMNT stream? What are the chances JP could get those modes to share progression?

That would be nice to have. Seems like it would be fun to have those options in most games.

#5082 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

That would be nice to have. Seems like it would be fun to have those options in most games.

Agreed. It seems like it wouldn’t be overly difficult to implement and would add a lot of variation to the play modes. One can hope since they made it happen for TMNT.

#5083 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Quoted from gblack:

Agreed. It seems like it wouldn’t be overly difficult to implement and would add a lot of variation to the play modes. One can hope since they made it happen for TMNT.

Yes I enjoy playing co-op mode on TNA and think it is a great addition when you have a group of people playing as it creates extra interest & excitement watching others on your team

#5084 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes I enjoy playing co-op mode on TNA and think it is a great addition when you have a group of people playing as it creates extra interest & excitement watching others on your team

I didn’t realize it was on TNA also. That’s exactly the scenario that would be not only fun for home use but also on location. I’m guessing JP code is probably about done, but maybe they will circle back for something like this.

#5085 3 years ago

Been reading through this forum since I decided to join the club - my first pin - and have not regretted it for a second. Last week I finally broke through and had my best game, posting 970M and crushing my prior best of 430M. What a great feeling, I made it to the last shot on VC. Adrenaline hasn't been that fired up in quite some time!

This can be a hard and frustrating game some times, but I'm happy I picked something that has depth to it. There's still a lot I haven't done yet and it keeps me coming back for more. For anyone skeptical of purchasing this machine, I simply can't think of a better bang for your buck. It checks all the boxes (even considering I'm not a huge fan of the movies).

Thanks all for the posts on how to set up, fix, and dial in shots. This community is welcoming and helpful.

PG

#5086 3 years ago

What have people found best in the settings for Music and Speech?

#5087 3 years ago

Hi,
I have about 400 plays on my Pro, love it. Just went to clean today and discovered this sticker (circled in pic). Seems to be on there really well so I'm thinking it's some kind of patch for a clear coat problem. But no real clue. Any ideas? Thanks.

IMG_20200528_134211~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20200528_134211~2 (resized).jpg
#5088 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Just went to clean today and discovered this sticker

That came off the back of the jeep!

#5089 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

That came off the back of the jeep!

Ha. Brilliant!

(Looks around in disbelief at own stupidity)
(Praises the anonymity of the Internet)
(Thanks pinsiders for handling dumb questions with grace)

#5090 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Ha. Brilliant!
(Looks around in disbelief at own stupidity)
(Praises the anonymity of the Internet)
(Thanks pinsiders for handling dumb questions with grace)

If pinside wasn't very kind to those of us who asked silly questions, I wouldn't have lasted very long

#5091 3 years ago

The darnedest thing. When I flip the right flipper, even when the ball is in the shooter lane, I activate the left rollover in the loop shot. It gives out about 330 points per flip and gives a sound effect of a car zooming by.

Other times, I hit the O shot, which uses that switch, it won't always register.
Ideas?

#5092 3 years ago

Hi there,
Does someone have installed powerbladez?
I got an issue to install it as I do not have this female molex to plug on. I think I need to connect directly to power supply box, wires white and black. Do you know how to remove plastic protector to get access to the screws?
Thanks
5BF1B5F4-A465-402D-B94B-4E7D49597EA2 (resized).jpeg5BF1B5F4-A465-402D-B94B-4E7D49597EA2 (resized).jpeg

#5093 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi there,
Does someone have installed powerbladez?
I got an issue to install it as I do not have this female molex to plug on. I think I need to connect directly to power supply box, wires white and black. Do you know how to remove plastic protector to get access to the screws?
Thanks
[quoted image]

je pige pas ta question ? tu veux ouvrir quoi l'alim ? si oui, de mémoire sur mon GB, tu dois démonter/sortir l'alim de la plaque arrière, et ensuite y'a 4 petites visses autour, mais sans certitude...

#5094 3 years ago

My right orbit exit opto fires when I hit the right flipper. It happens about 60% of the time. Any ideas?

#5095 3 years ago
Quoted from cubitron:

My right orbit exit opto fires when I hit the right flipper. It happens about 60% of the time. Any ideas?

Sounds like maybe the wires are not shielded and you are getting electrical mutual coupling caused by wires touching or something. I had a weird issue where one of the return lane lights would dim when I hit the flipper and touching wires was the issue.

#5096 3 years ago

I know I've read here that Keith suggested 7 degrees, but manual and sticker on game say 6.5.

I'm finding the outlane drains absolutely brutal. Anyone else?

#5097 3 years ago

Decided to swap out the stock Velociraptor and Pterodactyl plastics that came from factory. I added Velociraptor 'Charlie' and found a JP Pterodactyl in 3d the same exact size as the flat plastic one. I also found another cool vintage Dilophosaurus I found a spot for. Now I am debating if I should do mirror blades or side blades?

GEDC5986.JPGGEDC5986.JPGGEDC5993.JPGGEDC5993.JPGGEDC6012.JPGGEDC6012.JPGGEDC6014.JPGGEDC6014.JPGGEDC6016.JPGGEDC6016.JPGGEDC6030.JPGGEDC6030.JPG
#5098 3 years ago

Alright, this is the second time it has happened and now I'm confused. I start T-Rex Rampage, and drain. The next T-Rex event I start is then Chase.

Isn't it supposed to be Museum Mayhem???

#5099 3 years ago

Museum comes after all the T-Rex modes are played. The order of the three single-ball modes is random after the initial feed T-Rex multiball - hitting the truck changes the mode. Rampage isn't necessarily the last mode.

Museum will lite when its ready.

#5100 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Museum comes after all the T-Rex modes are played. The order of the three single-ball modes is random after the initial feed T-Rex multiball - hitting the truck changes the mode. Rampage isn't necessarily the last mode.
Museum will lite when its ready.

I thought it went in order Feed, Chase, Encounter, Rampage?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12,999.99
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/102?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.