(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,306 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 427.
#5001 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I only get 3 max 4 paddocks cleared. How to clear a paddock fast? Is there a trick. Visitor center is so far away.

One of the smart Missle awards is 'Clear Paddock'. This is an excellent choice vs any of the super predators. Besides that though you just have to put in the work.

If getting to VC is your primary concern, don't play any of the super predators. Take the short route up the sides.

#5002 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I mocked this up real quick in order to get rid of the yellow pricing card.
Enjoy?[quoted image]

Thank you! Will definitely be on the machine when friends finally come over. Every day use, not so much

20200516_180018 (resized).jpg20200516_180018 (resized).jpg
#5003 3 years ago

I added a few mods so far....

I wanted to add a Dilophosaurus to match the one on the translight. I think it looks great and looks like it came stock from the factory.
GEDC5946.JPGGEDC5946.JPGGEDC5967.JPGGEDC5967.JPGJurassic Park Pro.pngJurassic Park Pro.png

#5004 3 years ago

I also thought what is Jurassic Park without some Dr. Ian Malcolm?-need me some Dr. Ian Malcolm...
Dr. Ian Malcolm.jpgDr. Ian Malcolm.jpgGEDC5942.JPGGEDC5942.JPGGEDC5953.JPGGEDC5953.JPGGEDC5964.JPGGEDC5964.JPG

#5005 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Replaced my 3rd coil stop today.
Total games: 670
All 3 original stops separated the same way.
Luckily I had one on hand. Time to catch some dinos.

Total newbie question. What are coil stops? What do they look like and where are they on this game? I feel like I need to locate them on my game now...

#5006 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

Total newbie question. What are coil stops? What do they look like and where are they on this game? I feel like I need to locate them on my game now...

Bookmark this thread. The collected threads by Vid are an amazing resource.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guides-collected

Here is the fliiper guide:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

Post 5 has a pic of a stop. Lift up your playfield and move the flipper with your hand and you can see the stop in action.

What happens with the Stern stops is the nub detaches from the mounting bracket.

#5007 3 years ago

Installed the raptor pit mod, raptor mod and added red lights to the tower.

E02245E0-8484-479F-9926-8C0E46404395 (resized).pngE02245E0-8484-479F-9926-8C0E46404395 (resized).png
#5008 3 years ago

Is anyone having issues with flipper accuracy on hitting the T-rex ramp and Spiral ramp on right? Its like the flipper is not in the same angle twice or something. I understand ball spread is critical for repeatability but its like a defect or slop in the assembly. It was shipped direct so i can't imagine anything but shipping vibration. Any clues?

#5009 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Thank you! Will definitely be on the machine when friends finally come over. Every day use, not so much
[quoted image]

#5010 3 years ago

Link please

#5011 3 years ago
Quoted from tcw16505:

Is anyone having issues with flipper accuracy on hitting the T-rex ramp and Spiral ramp on right? Its like the flipper is not in the same angle twice or something. I understand ball spread is critical for repeatability but its like a defect or slop in the assembly. It was shipped direct so i can't imagine anything but shipping vibration. Any clues?

Make sure your slope is 7deg and try flipper power of 235.

#5012 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

At what spot on the playfield are you measuring? I currently have 6.3 between slings, and 6.6 near upper flipper.

#5013 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

At what spot on the playfield are you measuring? I currently have 6.3 between slings, and 6.6 near upper flipper.

Mine is currently at 7.0 upper flipper but i've been playing with it. I actually had mine around 6.5 thinking it would be "easier" as a newbie but it just makes it harder to hit some of the shots. After bumping it to 7 it didn't seem faster just different. There were many others that said this game was designed for 7.0 deg per Keith. The flipper power was a recommendation in this thread as well.

#5014 3 years ago

Check your coil stop. I had a similar issue and the coil stop had broken loose.

Quoted from tcw16505:

#5015 3 years ago

Like the red light. What lighting did you use and where did you tie to?

Quoted from RazorV23:

Installed the raptor pit mod, raptor mod and added red lights to the tower. [quoted image]

#5016 3 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Like the red light. What lighting did you use and where did you tie to?

Small led strip from Comet Pinball, used the GI socket right behind the tower

D0AC8E07-216F-4A7A-9C1B-E78AF8F9732F (resized).jpegD0AC8E07-216F-4A7A-9C1B-E78AF8F9732F (resized).jpeg
#5017 3 years ago

Hey all,
Just got this machine, my first pin, and wanted a quick reference guide for the paddock bonuses. Threw this together as a 3x5.5 in card and looks great. Enjoy.
JP Rules Insert Map v1.pngJP Rules Insert Map v1.png20200518_095854 (resized).jpg20200518_095854 (resized).jpg

#5018 3 years ago

Anyone have any issues with the truck spinning? Mine seeks to be sticky, slow. Doesn't seem to be particularly binding anywhere, but it sure isn't buttery smooth anymore.

Thanks-

Mike

#5019 3 years ago

There's a permanent fix involving silicone lubricant - read back in this thead, but in the meantime, loosen the set screw, remove the truck and use rubbing alcohol to clean the metal shaft and the flipper bushing it goes through on the playfield. It'll work like new for some hundreds of games until it gets dirty again.

#5020 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

I just made these changes. I seem to be hitting more shots. Exactly 7 degrees by the upper flipper, and I dialed back the flipper power.

#5021 3 years ago
Quoted from WedgeTheJedi:

Hey all,
Just got this machine, my first pin, and wanted a quick reference guide for the paddock bonuses. Threw this together as a 3x5.5 in card and looks great. Enjoy.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome!

#5022 3 years ago

Hey all,

Mate well done - looks sensational!! This has to be the best first post of Pinsider

#5023 3 years ago

Thanks I was just going to ask the same question!

Quoted from metallik:There's a permanent fix involving silicone lubricant - read back in this thead, but in the meantime, loosen the set screw, remove the truck and use rubbing alcohol to clean the metal shaft and the flipper bushing it goes through on the playfield. It'll work like new for some hundreds of games until it gets dirty again.

#5024 3 years ago

Hi,
I got a NIB JP Pro last week. The ball keeps getting stuck at the top of the outer loop, up against the gate in the spitter lane. Please see attached picture. When it gets stuck there, a gentle nudge isn't generally enough to free it. It is pretty snugly rested between the lane guide and the gate. Any ideas for a fix? Taking the gate off would apparently fix it but presumably the gate is there for a reason. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
J.R.

IMG_20200518_230854~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20200518_230854~2 (resized).jpg
#5025 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Anyone have any issues with the truck spinning? Mine seeks to be sticky, slow. Doesn't seem to be particularly binding anywhere, but it sure isn't buttery smooth anymore.
Thanks-
Mike

Post #4785, page 96. That's the fix

#5026 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Hi,
I got a NIB JP Pro last week. The ball keeps getting stuck at the top of the outer loop, up against the gate in the spitter lane. Please see attached picture. When it gets stuck there, a gentle nudge isn't generally enough to free it. It is pretty snugly rested between the lane guide and the gate. Any ideas for a fix? Taking the gate off would apparently fix it but presumably the gate is there for a reason. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
J.R.[quoted image]

Yes known issue - just need to pull gently to lift the left side of the spinner bracket up above the ball guide.

Edit: The left side of your spinner bracket does seem to be above the ball guide, so maybe lift that left side another 1-2mm (the bracket will easily flex so not much force is need). Lift it a little and see if it still happens,if so lift it a little further. If set correctly and the ball stops here, then it will actually open the gate and come down the spinner

JP2 Spinner Gate (resized).jpgJP2 Spinner Gate (resized).jpg

#5027 3 years ago

Thanks for the fast response, I understand what you are suggesting and will give it a go. Thanks for the clear instructions and diagram.

#5028 3 years ago

Hey all,

nice! i missing the extraball reward on the t-rex?

-----------------

i have a problem with finding little metal pieces on my PF, until now it was more dust like, but look how big that thing is! I also have some bigger cuts and scratches.
i only have one explaination for this, the truck screw. what do you think?
I have to say that im really disapointed with my 9K $ game quality wise. but i love the gameplay.

the clear coat sucks, and how they could prevent PF damage with some washers and rubbers worth less than 5$.
just look what people say about R&M clearcoat, day and night.

IMG_20200518_153940 (resized).jpgIMG_20200518_153940 (resized).jpgIMG_20200518_154259 (resized).jpgIMG_20200518_154259 (resized).jpg

#5029 3 years ago

Thanks all for the feedback on the paddock bonus card and a few things that I missed and misspelled. I have fixed up the card to include the extra ball for T-rex and added the Amber Bonus numbers as well. This one should be better .

JP Rules Insert Map v1.pngJP Rules Insert Map v1.png20200518_232956 (resized).jpg20200518_232956 (resized).jpg
#5030 3 years ago

Thanks all for the feedback on the paddock bonus card and a few things that I missed and misspelled. I have fixed up the card to include the extra ball for T-rex and added the Amber Bonus numbers as well. This one should be better .[quoted image][quoted image]

thanks! i'll print that

#5031 3 years ago

Thanks all for the feedback on the paddock bonus card and a few things that I missed and misspelled. I have fixed up the card to include the extra ball for T-rex and added the Amber Bonus numbers as well. This one should be better .[quoted image][quoted image]

This is great! Appreciate sharing it with us. I’m about to print one now!

#5032 3 years ago

gblack , @prodoshi

Here is the Microsoft Office Publisher file that I used to make this if you want to make adjustments. It was easier to print from Publisher than from the .jpg for me. Looks great if you use photo paper. Thanks all for the positive feedback and I'm happy to contribute to the community here with this. Because of this sub I reset my table to as close to 7 degrees as I could and my flippers to 235 and the helipad and other shots seem a lot more do-able now Ball also isn't wildly flying all over the field after a slight ricochet.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asy0Vb60mZ1el9I8ADtgn8aZRs1yQA?e=GmLsGn

Edit:
Attached the .pdf and provided a direct download link below as well if that makes it easier to print. Apparently on older versions of MS Publisher the spacing is off vs the newest version that I used. So try this PDF if all else fails and just print it through that on photo paper.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Asy0Vb60mZ1el9JBeeHyPITSaAN3Vg?e=2sP7Cc

JP Rules Insert Map v1.1.pdfJP Rules Insert Map v1.1.pdf
#5033 3 years ago

Thanks WedgeTheJedi - much better than using the jpeg image

#5034 3 years ago

gblack , prodoshi
Here is the Microsoft Office Publisher file that I used to make this if you want to make adjustments. It was easier to print from Publisher than from the .jpg for me. Looks great if you use photo paper. Thanks all for the positive feedback and I'm happy to contribute to the community here with this. Because of this sub I reset my table to as close to 7 degrees as I could and my flippers to 235 and the helipad and other shots seem a lot more do-able now Ball also isn't wildly flying all over the field after a slight ricochet.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asy0Vb60mZ1el9I8ADtgn8aZRs1yQA?e=GmLsGn

Nice job. Thanks for making this and sharing! Going to print and put it on mine!

#5035 3 years ago

FYI: The set screw to remove the truck is a 3/32" allen wrench.

Had to go buy a set of SAE allens. The 3 different sets I had on hand were all metric.

#5036 3 years ago

Attached the .pdf and provided a direct download link below as well if that makes it easier to print. Apparently on older versions of MS Publisher the spacing is off vs the newest version that I used. So try this PDF if all else fails and just print it through that on photo paper.
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Asy0Vb60mZ1el9JBeeHyPITSaAN3Vg?e=2sP7Cc[quoted image]

I caught TRex yesterday and I’m pretty sure the TRex capture awards an extra ball, not “lights extra ball.”

Nice work on the card - definitely printing this out.

#5037 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

FYI: The set screw to remove the truck is a 3/32" allen wrench.
Had to go buy a set of SAE allens. The 3 different sets I had on hand were all metric.

in my experience there is no single part "metric" in pinball machines. i have had to buy all my tools new.

#5038 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

in my experience there is no single part "metric" in pinball machines. i have had to buy all my tools new.

Yep, know the feeling. 2 sets of everything

#5039 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Quoted from Manny65:

Yep, know the feeling. 2 sets of everything

I was one of the fortunate souls to actually receive my pre ordered Big Lebowski pin. I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise but all the hardware on it was in metric, so that's when I acquired some metric nut drivers.

As for allens, I've never encountered anything that's required SAE, but then again, most of my allen wrenching is usually to put together IKEA stuffs.

Anyways, yesterday I was able to get the JP truck off and give the shaft a good cleaning with some rubbing alcohol. It most definitely improved the truck action. I didn't put any lube on there, but still might give it a try later.

Anyone with a sluggish truck, don't be intimidated to pull it off an clean it. It's very straight forward.
My tips would be:
1. Leave a little clearance between the bottom washer and playfield when re tightening. I didn't at first and the truck wouldn't move at all.
2. Keep an eye on the 2 washers and plastic spacer when you pull the truck. Mine went shooting off and naturally went under the couch forcing a profanity laden scavenger hunt.

#5040 3 years ago

Well I’m in, I’ve sold my DPLE for a JP premium
I hope I’ve done the right thing as DP was awesome

#5041 3 years ago

FYI, i get a new unpopulated PF because i have minor clear coat damage at some places (post, lane guides and apron).
you should not tolerate that, stern has to learn this lesson- fight for it.
If you are accepting this for an 8K game, it wont change in the future.

Quoted from Hawks:

Well I’m in, I’ve sold my DPLE for a JP premium
I hope I’ve done the right thing as DP was awesome

I have both, and like JP more, but DP is awesome too and im happy i can keep it a little longer.

#5042 3 years ago

Hey guys thanks for help adjusting raptor cage I think I finally have it as centered as possible I used a dremmel tool another pinsider recommended and opened up the holes a bit , I looked 100 times with a flashlight it’s not touching the play field
.. should be ok ??

8D403695-3596-4385-9E5F-B7A8A7D4119B (resized).jpeg8D403695-3596-4385-9E5F-B7A8A7D4119B (resized).jpeg
#5043 3 years ago

So I’m new to owning pinball tables and was wondering if you guys think there will be many more code updates for JP? Now that the “final” Wizard mode has been added, will it just be bug fixes from here on out? I have 1.01 installed and there are minor bugs to fix but it would be cool if Stern would great some mini-game modes like Escape Nublar but with challenges like spell chaos as many times as possible in 3 min. What do you guys think?

#5044 3 years ago

Just picked up a NIB pro! Anything need doing out of the box besides code update? Picked up the art blades and shaker already

#5045 3 years ago
Quoted from Gtrefraction:

So I’m new to owning pinball tables and was wondering if you guys think there will be many more code updates for JP? Now that the “final” Wizard mode has been added, will it just be bug fixes from here on out? I have 1.01 installed and there are minor bugs to fix but it would be cool if Stern would great some mini-game modes like Escape Nublar but with challenges like spell chaos as many times as possible in 3 min. What do you guys think?

i think you're asking a lot
JP is already good as it, and we never know what Keith (one of the best player in the world) could propose after...
but for sure, dont worry about code on this pin (same story goes to pins coded by Lyman)

#5046 3 years ago

I just started noticing that the pop bumpers will go off randomly even when the ball is nowhere near them. Wasn't happening the first 200 plays or so, just started last night. Any idea of a fix? This is my first machine so I am a total novice. Thanks.

#5047 3 years ago
Quoted from DDtheHUSKY:

I just started noticing that the pop bumpers will go off randomly even when the ball is nowhere near them. Wasn't happening the first 200 plays or so, just started last night. Any idea of a fix? This is my first machine so I am a total novice. Thanks.

Switch probably needs to be gapped properly. Give yours a look, the contacts are likely too close together.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-rebuilding-pop-bumpers#post-486060

#5048 3 years ago

There are five new Pinside users on this page alone who have a Jurassic Park as their first machine. Guess it was a good idea for Stern to make the third JP machine after all, bringing in new people to the hobby.

#5049 3 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

There are five new Pinside users on this page alone who have a Jurassic Park as their first machine. Guess it was a good idea for Stern to make the third JP machine after all, bringing in new people to the hobby.

It doesn't hurt that it's one of the best games they've ever made.

#5050 3 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

For those having issues with the T-rex capture, make sure your wiring harness isn't resting between the backboard and the mechs motor. I had this happen to me and it wasn't allowing the lower jaw to rest flush with the ramp.
You can also adjust the default T-rex positions in the menu, check feature settings. Try adjusting the vertical bias if your ball is not capturing. I had to adjust mine two clicks to the left. One of the coin door buttons activates the jaw during this adjustment for better accuracy. Just make sure you are holding down the coin door interlock switch when running the test.
I believe the magnet test is also in feature settings. You can take a ball hold it in the mouth of the T-rex and then hit the test button. Should have a distinct, firm grab of the ball if working properly.

Is there any way to disable the t-rex multiball?
I usually just trap up and wait the 30sec or so, but it would be easier, if you were just able to disable it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,999.99
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 21,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/101?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.