(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,272 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 minutes ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 426.
#4951 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

That's a good observation, surely it can't be the only modern stern to not have that feature. Haven't played IMDN in a while do you switch anything with the flippers on that game? Maybe it's an Elwin thing?

Yes!!! The inlanes to activate 2x and 3x. It’s probably the most important skill to get down on Maiden!

#4952 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

That's a good observation, surely it can't be the only modern stern to not have that feature. Haven't played IMDN in a while do you switch anything with the flippers on that game? Maybe it's an Elwin thing?

In Iron Maiden, if you have a Playfield multipler ready, you switch the lights based on When you want to cash it in.

#4953 3 years ago

After 2 months of game ownership I finally escaped Nublar!! Such a fun game. Amazingly enough, the game before I missed getting to the Visitor’s Center for my first time ever by 1 shot. God I love this game!!!

DC2E868E-8AD9-451D-BD6B-6A79EA29F29E (resized).jpegDC2E868E-8AD9-451D-BD6B-6A79EA29F29E (resized).jpeg
#4954 3 years ago

Anyone within 2-3 hours of Washington DC looking to sell their JP pro?

I have a really nice Whirlwind or Rocky and Bullwinkle I could work into a trade, or straight cash.

#4955 3 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Anyone within 2-3 hours of Washington DC looking to sell their JP pro?
I have a really nice Whirlwind or Rocky and Bullwinkle I could work into a trade, or straight cash.

JP pro is a absolute blast. Hope you work a deal! GL

#4956 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

That's a good observation, surely it can't be the only modern stern to not have that feature.

I cannot think of any other Sterns without lane change, actually, but then there are a lot of games from the last 10 years that I haven't played at all.

#4957 3 years ago

first stern i've ever had to pull an entire flipper assembly off to tighten a post on the pf (the problematic post under the upper right flipper).

#4958 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

first stern i've ever had to pull an entire flipper assembly off to tighten a post on the pf (the problematic post under the upper right flipper).

You don't need to. A flat screwdriver held against the nut is usually enough to hold it while you tighten.

#4959 3 years ago

Im with you, wtf! Luckily ended up being easy. Curious if a super flat wrench could get under there.

#4960 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Im with you, wtf! Luckily ended up being easy. Curious if a super flat wrench could get under there.

Yep....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00065T02S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00

#4961 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You don't need to. A flat screwdriver held against the nut is usually enough to hold it while you tighten.

Works great, did the same thing a few weeks ago.

#4962 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

not on mine, they didn't even tighten the nut up really at all. Trust me i tried to use any tools available without pulling the base plate. nothing was thin enough to get a grip on it with the small gap between the mech base and the playfield. I had to use a a socket to make it up probably 5-10 full turns.

#4963 3 years ago

wanted to edit, but couldn't. I will never recommend tightening posts from the topside as you are turning the post into the pf clear. Always secure top, tighten on the bottom IMO.

#4964 3 years ago

wanted to edit, but couldn't. I will never recommend tightening posts from the topside as you are turning the post into the pf clear. Always secure top, tighten on the bottom IMO.

You DO have balls of steel!

#4965 3 years ago

Anyone know if you don't hit the T-Rex before it time out to start Encounter, would you lose the chase and have to start back at the first T-Rex mode???

#4966 3 years ago

Thank you. I am a first time pinball owner. Had JP for 6 weeks now. I kept wondering if I was ever going to get RTB!

#4967 3 years ago

Jp shooter in stock.
Hookedonpinball.com

20191018_211043 (resized).jpg20191018_211043 (resized).jpg
#4968 3 years ago

I just placed a potentially-financially-inadvisable order for a Premium to be delivered in a month or so. I hope that civilization doesn't collapse by the time it arrives.

#4969 3 years ago
Quoted from KickahaOta:

I just placed a potentially-financially-inadvisable order for a Premium to be delivered in a month or so. I hope that civilization doesn't collapse by the time it arrives.

Congrats! You'll love it!

#4970 3 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Jp shooter in stock.
Hookedonpinball.com
[quoted image]

Looks great, but where can i get the yellow LEDs like the original?
Anyone knows how to build it and where to plug it in?

#4971 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Looks great, but where can i get the yellow LEDs like the original?
Anyone knows how to build it and where to plug it in?

They're going to make more, I checked with Betson and Classicgame rooms, they both have large orders on back order. We'll have to wait till Stern opens back up.

#4972 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

They're going to make more, I checked with Betson and Classicgame rooms, they both have large orders on back order. We'll have to wait till Stern opens back up.

I have no mod's on my JP but think I'd like to add the official Stern one when it comes back in stock. I'm checking regularly.

#4973 3 years ago

if you didn't check the latest production of those rods, they are not looking good from stern.
So i wondered if i could build my own. drill 2 holes and take the GI power or something else for the LEDs.

#4974 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

if you didn't check the latest production of those rods, they are not looking good from stern.
So i wondered if i could build my own. drill 2 holes and take the GI power or something else for the LEDs.

I haven't seen any pictures of them in the wild really, admittedly I I haven't looked though. If you go the DIY route take lots of pictures, I'd like to see how you end up putting it together. HookedOnPinball's shooter rod looks great, I really like how it lights up though with the Stern one.

#4975 3 years ago

Cant be that hard to drill to small holes the size of the leds and tye them in to the amber light

#4976 3 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Cant be that hard to drill to small holes the size of the leds and tye them in to the amber light

yeah, but where is that "amber light connection", i think it has its own programed light show?

#4977 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

yeah, but where is that "amber light connection", i think it has its own programed light show?

Use GI.

#4978 3 years ago

It aint much, but after replacing coil stops and being able to make ramps again, I got to the visitor center for the first time.20200515_193833 (resized).jpg20200515_193833 (resized).jpg

#4979 3 years ago

Just did it...just bought my first pin! My wife and I are the ecstatic new owners of a NIB Jurassic Park Premium, set to arrive sometime mid June (fingers are crossed, though I'm not getting my hopes up...I swear) at the earliest, but more likely July-August.

At least that's time to read through the rule set a bunch? The waiting is the worst! Happy to be among the rest of you

#4980 3 years ago

Having issues with the "C" target sometimes registering on my Pro. Happens maybe 10% of the time. Any thoughts on the cause and fix? Thanks.

#4981 3 years ago

I just bought an Elvira LE and i think this will be next, might go the premium is it worth the extra dollars? I am in oz and a pro is $9450 and premium $12250 i think. I played a pro when it first came out and loved it. Just debating pro/premium any input would be appreciated.

#4982 3 years ago
Quoted from ElkGrovePinball:

Having issues with the "C" target sometimes registering on my Pro. Happens maybe 10% of the time. Any thoughts on the cause and fix? Thanks.

Haven't heard of this being a common issue. Have you tried going into test mode and checking the switch? It could be that there is too much gap between the switch points, or maybe the switch has moved to side a little (enough that some balls don't always trigger it).

#4983 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I just bought an Elvira LE and i think this will be next, might go the premium is it worth the extra dollars? I am in oz and a pro is $9450 and premium $12250 i think. I played a pro when it first came out and loved it. Just debating pro/premium any input would be appreciated.

Hey mate

The T-Rex animatronics is very cool and I do enjoy the raptor gate and captive ball over the Pro - that said yep it is a fair bit more coin. If you can afford it I'd say do it

#4984 3 years ago

Thanks Manny might have to call Bruce i think next shipment November.

#4985 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Personally I enjoy the t-Rex especially if you’ll be having friends over. Definitely has that cool factor. The raptor pen is fun too and adds another Multiball. I’m happy with my premium and think I would have regretted not getting a premium.

#4986 3 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the first skill shot (trex ramp) registering? It goes entirely through. I sometimes reset and shoot soon after so I’m not sure if the game is caught up?

#4987 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Just did it...just bought my first pin! My wife and I are the ecstatic new owners of a NIB Jurassic Park Premium, set to arrive sometime mid June (fingers are crossed, though I'm not getting my hopes up...I swear) at the earliest, but more likely July-August.
At least that's time to read through the rule set a bunch? The waiting is the worst! Happy to be among the rest of you

Congrats and welcome to the club. You picked an amazing game for your first! Make room right now for more pins ... not too many folks stay at just one!

#4988 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Has anyone had issues with the first skill shot (trex ramp) registering? It goes entirely through. I sometimes reset and shoot soon after so I’m not sure if the game is caught up?

Go back a page or two. You are hitting it clean and riding over the optos. Lower the ramp shield over top of the back of the ramp by. taking out the back two black spacers. It fixed the issue for me and the shot is registering every time now. Are your optos at the front of the T. rex ramp or at the back bend?

#4989 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

Go back a page or two. You are hitting it clean and riding over the optos. Lower the ramp shield over top of the back of the ramp by. taking out the back two black spacers. It fixed the issue for me and the shot is registering every time now. Are your optos at the front of the T. rex ramp or at the back bend?

Ahh that would make sense. There are optos at the front of the ramp and in the back mid U. I’ll check that post and play with it.

#4990 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Ahh that would make sense. There are optos at the front of the ramp and in the back mid U. I’ll check that post and play with it.

I have a pro made a month ago. Only optos at the back of the ramp. Clean shots were flying over the Optos which are mounted low in the ramp.

#4991 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Congrats.
And given your location, it should keep your mind off of the Murder Hornets.

#4992 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Congrats and welcome to the club. You picked an amazing game for your first! Make room right now for more pins ... not too many folks stay at just one!

Thank you, and oh absolutely! I look forward to having to figure out how else to accommodate more pins

#4993 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Congrats.
And given your location, it should keep your mind off of the Murder Hornets.

Basically, if I can just never go outside again, that’d be great. The more machines we can acquire, the better our chances, I’d say!

#4994 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

The connection is on the small board under the left flipper. It does have it's own light show. Kinda pluses and what not. I can take a picture If need be

#4995 3 years ago

One thing I would really love and would find satisfying is if at the end of the game light would show the trail you took to travel to the visitor center. I'm not a good player by any means so whenever I get close to the visitor center and fail, I'd like to get reminded of just how close I was.

#4996 3 years ago

Here comes an extraball!

DSC_0203 (resized).JPGDSC_0203 (resized).JPG
#4997 3 years ago

Replaced my 3rd coil stop today.
Total games: 670
All 3 original stops separated the same way.

Luckily I had one on hand. Time to catch some dinos.

#4998 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

The connection is on the small board under the left flipper. It does have it's own light show. Kinda pluses and what not. I can take a picture If need be

that would be awesome, the shooter rod is on its way!

#4999 3 years ago

I only get 3 max 4 paddocks cleared. How to clear a paddock fast? Is there a trick. Visitor center is so far away.

#5000 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I have a pro made a month ago. Only optos at the back of the ramp. Clean shots were flying over the Optos which are mounted low in the ramp.

I think pros don’t have the front because of the trex in the prem. You can set the trex to activate on ramp instead of trex catching it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/100?hl=pinball7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.