Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CadillacMusic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I’ve been kinda scratching my head on this one. Both the shaker motor and the trex left / right motor seem to not be getting enough power to function (<2v).

When I go into diags, I can manually activate the shaker or the left/right motor, but they barely move. I’ve tested the motors by themselves with a 9v battery and they operate properly.

I’ve gone through all the boards and repaired any cold solder joints, checked all the big transistors, replaced all faulty fuse clips, tested the bridge rectifiers, and replaced the power supply board with a rottendog. I’ve also checked for continuity on the connectors.

What else is there to check?

#2 1 year ago

Edit: Looked at schematics for a while. Look at the two diodes that rectify the 9v AC. Where the heck they're located, I'm honestly not sure. The manual is very vague about this. It'd be where the two fuses for the shaker motor are.

Edit edit: I'm pretty sure they're on the shaker motor board. What a weird setup.

Edit edit edit: Okay, last edit I promise. Yeah, you either need to change out the diodes, or one of the two fuses is blown. If you're not cool with soldering and the fuses are okay, you can buy a new shaker motor board from marco.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 399.95
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside