Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Criator
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Quick question for you guys... what's the best way to disconnect the shaker motor on a data east jurassic park machine that allows me to easily reconnect it? The thing's starting to drive me crazy.

#2 10 years ago

On data east, like stern, the control board for the shaker is mounted to the side of the cab just above the shaker motor. Just unplug either of the connectors on that board to disable shaking.

#3 10 years ago

Isn't there a set up option to enable and disable it? That would be simpler than a hard disconnect.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Isn't there a set up option to enable and disable it? That would be simpler than a hard disconnect.

Yes there is
Its Adjustment #42 in the Audits and Adjustments menu

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Criator:

Quick question for you guys... what's the best way to disconnect the shaker motor on a data east jurassic park machine that allows me to easily reconnect it? The thing's starting to drive me crazy.

Is the motor loose, i.e., not tightened down to the cabinet? Mine was loose and was making all kinds of racket until I put some new screws in to tighten it down. Still would like to rebuild it though. Does anyone know of a source for parts to rebuild the motor?

#6 10 years ago

You might want to check it's balance first. When I got mine it was outa control and I had to make it more balanced (therefore less shaky).

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Yes there is
Its Adjustment #42 in the Audits and Adjustments menu

This

Quoted from ChadH:

You might want to check it's balance first. When I got mine it was outa control and I had to make it more balanced (therefore less shaky).

And this.

I like it. It's the only pin I have that has it and it's pretty cool. Mine does not really shake it all that much and only during certain modes.

#8 10 years ago

I think the shaker really adds to the game, coupled with an external powered sub and you have a true JP feeling!

So Astropin, you enjoying that game?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I think the shaker really adds to the game, coupled with an external powered sub and you have a true JP feeling!
So Astropin, you enjoying that game?

Yeah, It's cool and deeper than I ever realized. 11 modes plus the wizard mode! That's a lot to get through.

Both kids liked it. (Although they are still NOT converted pinheads yet.... should have started them younger)

Can't wait to try out the new code when it comes out. Hopefully just another month or two.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yeah, It's cool and deeper than I ever realized. 11 modes plus the wizard mode! That's a lot to get through.

Now you see why I had it set on 5 balls, I'm not good enough to get through everything on 3!

3 weeks later
#11 10 years ago

Thanks for all the replys guys... a little embarrassed that it was something as simple as toggling a setting.

What a relief it is to turn that thing off... I still find myself tensing up to prepare for it every time I hit multiball.

Now if I could just get that damn plunger to fire the ball into the pop bumpers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 18.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-shaker-motor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.