JP-comingsoon2.jpg
JP-comingsoon1.jpg
3-way-additional-1.png
3-way-additional-4.png
3-way-additional-2.png
3-way-additional-3.png
3-way-original-4.png
3-way-original-2.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#188 10 years ago

Can't wait to get my JP back in working order. One of the main reasons I sold my first one was the lack of value in the modes. Sure you can still play them, but it's hard to resist just going for a high score and the only way to do that was to get into CHAOS multiball.

I also love the idea of randomizing the modes. It would really be awesome to be able to select the mode you wanted to play, but I'm sure that would be difficult. I really don't have any request. I'm sure there are a lot of good opinions, but it really would take a lot of playing with the actual code in place to make sure it works. Sometimes less is more, it's not like we're dealing with a bad game to begin with.

Thank you for the hard work.

#216 10 years ago

I love the change to egg scoring and modes. After making it harder to get to Tri-Ball it would be nice to have an easier option for another multiball. Everyone likes multiball!

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

unlimited bonus x (or up to 50x)

I don't mind the idea of increasing the maximum Bonus X, especially if something could be done within the current Visitor Center shot. It's a fun shot especially when leading to a Helicopter Pad combo. It's the same thing with repeated looping of the Helicopter Pad.

Maybe increase the cap of the Bonus X, plus award the combos. You always have to start with the Visitor Center shot, but then each subsequent Helicopter Pad adds +1X. I guess I'd still suggest some maximum cap on the Bonus X, but that would sure increase the value of shooting those two combos and give the game some more designed flow.

I believe more is needed at the ramp.

Doesn't Jurassic Park already track ramp shots with the Mr. DNA award? Given the animation with Mr. DNA it might be hard to tweek the awards, assuming you thing the shot is undervalued.

Also, it woud be great to breathe new life into the captive ball egg shot besides the hatching dino, like so many hits for bonus x, light ctr, instant t rex multiball, instant super egg mania, a jackpot, etc

With the proposed tweeks he's already suggesting increasing the Super Egg Mania and Extra Ball. I think that would make the shot more worthwhile. Personally, I'd like to keep the changes within the spirit of the original gameplay.

I do think that "hatching dinosaur eggs" might be a great way of adding to the dinosaurs targets collected. I know you were originally thinking of doing that and this seem to fit within the theme. Hatch an dinosaur egg, get a dinosaur. I guess to me I like rules that are logical like that.

Anyway, lots of ideas. I'm sure it's going to be hard to determine what makes the cut.

#230 10 years ago

Agree with the OP, Jurassic Park Rules!!!

Ohhh...I see what you did there.

#232 10 years ago

Great work!

#236 10 years ago
Quoted from harv1324:

Hey Chad, nice to meet you at PBL. As we talked about, would it be easy/possible to randomize the call out "you didn't say the magic word" with a few other sounds or call outs?

Noooooo...that's one of my favorite callouts in all of pinball. It fits perfectly. It's annoying, but it's designed to be that way (just like in the movie). Just stop hitting scoops when they are not lit and you don't have to worry about hearing it over and over.

#239 10 years ago

I understand, I'll be in your shoes in awhile my girls are two now. I just don't want to see changes being made to simply to make the game less annoying for parents while their kids are playing. How about an external volume switch?

#242 10 years ago

I don't have a problem with any of the volume, but I wouldn't want my kids reaching inside a pinball machine to turn the volume down. My suggestion of adding an external volume switch was a reply to harv1324. I think it's a better solution then removing or altering the "You didn't say the magic words." I just don't want to see the sounds changed so I'm suggesting an alternative.

Question for the OP, with the new egg modifications does the boat docks shot still also spot dinosaurs? I'll be honest, I'm on my second Jurassic Park and I didn't even recall that that shot worked like that. I really like the change to the egg, it's just logical. Just wondering.

1 week later
#255 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Ramp
Original: 50 ramp shots will Lite Extra Ball.
Proposal: 20 ramp shots will Lite Extra Ball.

Bet you didn't even know that 50 ramp shots did that.

Do you know if this is counted traditionally, do two consecutive ramp shots actually count as three? Based on the rules at pinball.org that's how it works when working to Mr. DNA.

Might also want to consider the affect of the Mr. DNA awards on any of the changes. We don't want to invariantly make any of those too valuable.

#257 10 years ago

Yeah, I think play testing will be key. I'm trying to follow all of your updates, but until it's actually on the machine it's hard to know for sure exactly how hard or how easy strategy will be.

2 weeks later
#282 10 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Plus when showing someone JP for the first time it ruins the surprise.

That's a really good point.

1 week later
#316 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Raptor Kickback Timer has been extended from 3.5 to 5 seconds

This is about the only change that I don't understand. It's not a big deal, but I think this change is much more likely to save balls that should have been lost, regardless of the raptor kicker, then it would be to save balls that were an immediate result of the raptor kicker.

#319 10 years ago

I understand it, but I guess my thought is that random bounces happen. Not a big deal.

3 months later
#604 10 years ago

I'm not sure I support any effort that makes reaching CHAOS easier, but at least it's logical. Nice work guys.

PS: Chad the more you delay the more I'm finding myself delaying in fixing my, still broken, Jurassic Park.

#622 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

If you take away the fact that the game isn't auto-lighting three dinos per ball now, I would say that this is still a tweak that ends up making CHAOS a little more difficult to get too...

Perhaps I should have been more positive in my post. My main point should have been that my favorite thing about the new code is that Tri-Ball is no longer guaranteed. With the previous code and proper use of the Smart Missile it only took six shots to light the highest jackpot in the game. In order to make the game more balanced the auto-lighting needed to be eliminated.

The intent with my comment was simply that any changes that make CHAOS Jackpots easier will begin to counteract the balance Chad was trying to achieve by initially eliminating the auto-lighting. It's a careful balance, which I'm assuming is one of the reasons why Chad is taking things slow.

Ultimately, I think we all want a game where the player has to decide which level of risk / reward they want to shoot for.

#623 10 years ago

Chad,

I have a question about the selection method of the random modes. If my memory is correct In the updated code a mode will randomly be selected at the launch of the first ball. Then for each subsequent mode every trigger of the pop bumpers will select a new random mode. Have you given any thought to just having the pop bumpers randomize the mode immediately after the launch of the first ball? I just think it would be consistent to see the modes changing with the pop bumpers on each ball. Also having the option of, at least trying to change the mode to something different if you desired would be kind of fun.

#626 10 years ago

I understand. The mode is locked in when the Control Room is "powered on", which is the condition at the start of game. I was thinking the mode was locked when you actually shot the Control Room. One of the disadvantages to making suggestions without the ability to test on a working game. As the poster above suggestion, I was looking to introduce the ability to somewhat control the first mode.

#628 10 years ago

For the reason stated above, I would actually prefer if Jurassic Park worked that way. Again, it goes back to having options as a player. Now having said that...is it realistic to shoot for the pops to try to change the mode? Not if you're going for high score. If you're just messing around and want to play "Feed T-Red", which I think is the best use of the shaker, I could see myself shooting for it.

It would also be kind of neat to just cycle though the modes using the flipper buttons before launching the first ball, but again I'm just a dreamer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-rules?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.