JP-comingsoon2.jpg
JP-comingsoon1.jpg
3-way-additional-1.png
3-way-additional-4.png
3-way-additional-2.png
3-way-additional-3.png
3-way-original-4.png
3-way-original-2.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ikrananka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Noooooo...that's one of my favorite callouts in all of pinball. It fits perfectly. It's annoying, but it's designed to be that way (just like in the movie). Just stop hitting scoops when they are not lit and you don't have to worry about hearing it over and over.

I agree - this sound bite is perfect. Yes it's annoying but that's the way it's supposed to be - a reflection of the scene in the movie. Please don't change this.

#250 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

For those of you who have experienced this in your game... I highly recommend you read through this thread:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/testing-de-ball-trough-switches

Thanks for the link. I have a similar problem on my JP, mainly occurs during CHAOS when the last few balls drain quickly together. The game loses track and still thinks there is a ball in play. After ball search starts a new ball is kicked out. Will check out the switch identified in the post you linked to.

#254 10 years ago

Wow - lots of stuff in there I wasn't aware of. Great to get such an insight into the programming

I have never lit Special via an Egg shot - what determines this happening?

#263 10 years ago

The symptoms I see on System Failure seem to occur when a bunch of balls have drained together at which point they seem to take an eternity to get kicked back into play. On the surface the delay seems to be software driven, i.e. every time the trough VUK solenoid activates a ball IS fed to the shooter lane which then fires it into play - so no misfires as far as I know on my machine. This often means that I'll be playing with only 2 or 3 balls in System Failure and losing a whole load of points waiting for the balls to be launched back into play.

I'm going to replace the trough switch mentioned in the thread ChadH linked to and will report back if it has made a difference. Going to be a few weeks at least though before the switch is delivered.

#266 10 years ago
Quoted from caker137:

I still think there is a bug. I've opened the door and tweaked the switches while it screwed up and nothing changes. The balls are feeding down the trough correctly, but it sounds like the shooter lane loading solenoid is firing, but the lockout coil has not released a ball.
Also, right after system failure ends and all balls drain, normal operation returns immediately. No other trough type errors happen.

I often experience a long delay (1 to 2 secs) between the shooter lane loading solenoid firing and the lockout coil releasing the ball - even during normal game play. I have always assumed that this was a software issue.

3 weeks later
#301 10 years ago

Is there an existing way to have a dual boot machine, e.g. a socketed game rom with two roms on a daughterboard and a switch to select which is active?

#304 10 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

Soldering a ZIF socket in there would make it easier if you were going to swap back and forth a lot.

That's a great idea. My wife loves the game as it is and is resistant to change. Conversely, I would love to play the new rom as well as the old and my wife would want a quick conversion back to the old if I had been playing the new. So, a ZIF would likely suit the bill perfectly. I'll look into it.

1 week later
#335 10 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Thanks. I tested and holding the button in allows me to reset during ball 2. I was thrown off since resetting during ball 3 takes only a quick press. Odd that there would be a different reset routine depending on what ball you are on. Sorry for hijacking the thread for what turned out to be user error.

Personally, I find any clarification of the current "rules" very useful. Thanks for the raising the question.

1 month later
#377 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's supposed to be that way...it whispers "extra ball".

I can hear "extra ball" fine on my machine and like the whispered approach. That said, I have Flipper Fidelity speakers in my JP and found after installation that the improvement meant more subtle sound, voice and music effects all became much clearer.

1 week later
#427 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yep, mine too...and it's FAST. Too tough to control. Maybe 3 loops is my best in a row.

Three loops is about my best as well. If I'm in Tri-Ball and a ball comes to the upper flipper I certainly try for the high jackpot loop shot - however I also invariably miss.

#453 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Okay...this game is good but I'm really getting sick of the ball draining coming right out of the pop bumpers. Last night it did it right off the launch (which got fired back into play) and then immediately drained again! Two consecutive balls launched and two that never got touched by a flipper.

It happens. Mine does the same occasionally and it is frustrating when it does happen. Sometimes the ball doesn't even make it into the pop bumbers but hits one of the targets close to the pop bumpers entrance and the ball falls back losing the opportunity for millions from Super Pops. This is the random (and fun) nature of pinball I suppose.

If yours is consistently draining directly from the pop bumpers then perhaps you need to make some adjustments, e.g. pop bumper sensitivity, playfield angle and/or flipper position.

3 weeks later
#511 10 years ago

Here's something I came across the other day that I hadn't noticed before. If the Boat Dock is lit and then shot, and that happens to collect the Spitters, AND this is prior to the first Tri-Ball, then only ONE of the Spitters lights turns off. This makes no sense prior to the first Tri-Ball when physically hitting any ONE of the Spitter targets collects them ALL. So, shouldn't collecting Spitters via the Boat Dock (before the first Tri-Ball) also collect them ALL?

1 week later
#513 10 years ago
Quoted from NFK:

@ ikrananka
One Spitter collects all to the first Tri-ball starts, so yes it's already the case doesn't it?

It is the case when hitting the spitter targets for the first tri-ball but NOT when collecting spitters via the boat dock.

#517 10 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Not sure if this was requested yet or not. But for those of us who have not gotten around to tweaking the pops (use Williams spoons and springs), can the code be changed so we can reduce the number of pop hits it takes to complete Electric Fence mode? As much as I love to see Timmy fry...I've never been able to beat that mode, and I've had the pin for MANY years.
Bob C

I've never adjusted my pops (other than cleaning and setting the switch gap) and have managed to complete electric fences on many occasions (and also failing many times). Not bragging, just saying that on my machine it is hit and miss but can and is achieved fairly regularly.

#520 10 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I actually just did it for the 1st time In 10 year LOL!
But I'm probably not as good as you are...

Congrats :thumbsup:

#521 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I've done it a few times...the tough part is getting the ball IN the pops. The only guaranteed way is with the upper flipper through the one way gate. Then, hope you get enough hits. You can get in through the bottom but that shot tends to not get many pop hits before coming back out.

I tend to go to the pops through the bottom via the left flipper and once it's in there do a lot of nudging. It does generally come back out early but getting it back in there is the key. And don't forget that each time it hits the slingshots that also counts towards the 20 hits required.

#524 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I didn't know the slings counted too!

They do indeed - I assume this was an attempt to make the challenge not quite so hard.

#527 10 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Sidetrack, can anyone tell me an easy way to adjust the switch gaps? I hat trying to bend them.

This works well for me : http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518

2 weeks later
#579 10 years ago
Quoted from ikrananka:

Here's something I came across the other day that I hadn't noticed before. If the Boat Dock is lit and then shot, and that happens to collect the Spitters, AND this is prior to the first Tri-Ball, then only ONE of the Spitters lights turns off. This makes no sense prior to the first Tri-Ball when physically hitting any ONE of the Spitter targets collects them ALL. So, shouldn't collecting Spitters via the Boat Dock (before the first Tri-Ball) also collect them ALL?

Chad - could you comment on my observation above. This isn't a feature request, rather something that I believe is inconsistent behaviour. I'm hoping with this being a "correction" that it doesn't need any additional space.

#588 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I looked into this and I do have a fix for it. The problem is that this one is a little more convoluted than I hoped and is not just a simple small tweak to fix. This fix will take about 30 to 40 bytes of memory. That's 40 bytes I don't have right now.
I'll do my best to try to move some stuff around and scrounge up some space to get this implemented. But no guarantee. When I implemented the flashing Shoot Again Ball Save, I already did some scrounging so I am left with very little breathing room.

Well Chad all I can say is a huge thank you for trying. If you do manage to implement it then that is great and removes a daft inconsistency from the original code - if not, then c'est la vie

#603 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

OK ikrananka, it's in! We're all good and it's all working as you would expect it to now. Spitters... Herrerasaurus... Brachiosaurus.

Chad - you're a star - thank you

Man am I excited to try this out when you release it.

#609 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

OK ikrananka, it's in! We're all good and it's all working as you would expect it to now. Spitters... Herrerasaurus... Brachiosaurus.

Just had a horrible thought - this change does only apply to the build-up to the first tri-ball. For the second tri-ball the Boat Dock should only spot a single dinosaur at a time. But then again I'm sure you knew that being a genius and all

#611 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

It's all good. My change only fixes the first tri-ball build up. The 2nd and all subsequent are untouched and the lit Boat Dock only collects one dino at a time in those cases as expected.

I knew you knew that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ikrananka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-rules?tu=ikrananka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.