JP-comingsoon2.jpg
JP-comingsoon1.jpg
3-way-additional-1.png
3-way-additional-4.png
3-way-additional-2.png
3-way-additional-3.png
3-way-original-4.png
3-way-original-2.png
There are 854 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.
#401 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I would just like to point out that I really like this, as the regular combo shot that JP has always drove me nuts for the Boat Dock shot which to me stops the flow and shouldn't count as a combo. This gives you two opportunities to get it, including what I feel is the real combo shot in the game, the new one!

I don't know, White Water has the same thing with the Chiller>Falls>No Way>Falls>Drop/Boomerang five-way combo.

#402 10 years ago

does makeing loops kill the combo? boost the points? just give another shot at it?

#403 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

It only plays when you shoot the Dino during skill shot. And with the new rules, the Dino is harder to hit. So you will be hearing it less often. I did look for an alternate sound call but nothing seemed appropriate.

How about "Shoot her!". I may play around with trying to mod the audio to replace it on mine for fun.

#404 10 years ago
Quoted from CarShark:

I don't know, White Water has the same thing with the Chiller>Falls>No Way>Falls>Drop/Boomerang five-way combo.

Yeah, and again - the original one isn't taken away, it's just this secondary one was added. I personally just feel that on games that have extremely limited combos, it should be given for shooting on the fly.

Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

does makeing loops kill the combo? boost the points? just give another shot at it?

I believe that making the loop would award the first combo, and then award the loop bonuses which I believe is Hold Raptors, but I'm not positive offhand. I don't think you get the 10M for hitting the T-Rex if you loop it twice first.

#405 10 years ago

I can probably try to dub some of the existing voices to make new words/phrases. Anyone interested?

#406 10 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

It behaves as the original code does. Looping will kill the combo. Of course, looping the Helipad shot will give you Hold Raptor.

I might be able to make it so you can loop the Helipad shot and have it not kill the combo if you are trying to shoot for T-Rex to make the 4-Way. Let me know what you think. Is there precedence for this kind of combo shot behavior?

Quoted from thedefog:

How about "Shoot her!". I may play around with trying to mod the audio to replace it on mine for fun.

I can only use sounds in the original code. "Shoot her" is not in there. Even then, if "thumper ready" was replaced with "shoot her" then if you get Super Pops from Mr. DNA, it would say "shoot her" there as well.

#407 10 years ago

My vote is to leave it at killing the combo. If you shoot the loop, technically you missed finishing the combo. You get the hold raptor thing as sort of a consolation prize, but it's still ultimately a missed shot.

To use something like that right, it would be best that if you hit it again after hold raptor was given that it gave you some other award for loop combo or whatnot, maybe like +1m raptors or something, but honestly that shot is so thought I've never seen anyone loop it for long, so nothing should be no loss.

Hope that makes sense. I would be more on board with changing it to each loop around there gives a better combo award IF the raptor put hold wasn't already there.

#408 10 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I actually already tried just that. It says "Thumper Ready" too quickly to replace it with a movie version of "Shoot Her" even if you shorten vowel sounds. I couldn't get anything worthwhile to fit in its place.

#409 10 years ago

I have a JP back at my house now, just doing some repairs and shopping it for a family that bought one locally and asked if I could fix it up. I'll have it for a couple weeks, what are the odds that the new code would be ready to include with the machine when I drop it off

#410 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

I have a JP back at my house now, just doing some repairs and shopping it for a family that bought one locally and asked if I could fix it up. I'll have it for a couple weeks, what are the odds that the new code would be ready to include with the machine when I drop it off

I wish I could say it will be... but it won't.

#411 10 years ago

Let's be realistic here people... it's going to be at least another couple of months.

#412 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I wish I could say it will be... but it won't.

So.. you're saying there's a chance!

Oh, wait.. no, I guess you are saying there is no chance
(I'd really hoped to apply the usual Lloyd Christmas quote)

#413 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I can probably try to dub some of the existing voices to make new words/phrases. Anyone interested?

Chad?

#414 10 years ago

The scope for this cannot include changing things such as animations or sound calls or music. Those images and sounds are the copyright of a third party. If that happened then it could never get released in any official capacity. Have to use the assets that are already there.

The scope includes rule modifications, score balancing, bug fixes, feature improvements, and use of existing sound/animation assets.

#415 10 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I actually already tried just that. It says "Thumper Ready" too quickly to replace it with a movie version of "Shoot Her" even if you shorten vowel sounds. I couldn't get anything worthwhile to fit in its place.

Damn. That would have been perfect. I'm sure you tried speeding up the sample while preserving pitch to keep it at about a second (or whatever the duration is to match), but it probably sounded weird. Too bad. I'm an audio engineer (have been for 15 years), so I'm all too familiar with these sort of scenarios with editing.

#416 10 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Damn. That would have been perfect. I'm sure you tried speeding up the sample while preserving pitch to keep it at about a second (or whatever the duration is to match), but it probably sounded weird. Too bad. I'm an audio engineer (have been for 15 years), so I'm all too familiar with these sort of scenarios with editing.

but you have to make the sound work with the BSMT2000 system and the games overall sound rom layout.

#417 10 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

but you have to make the sound work with the BSMT2000 system and the games overall sound rom layout.

I'd love to discuss sound changes (I've successfully made a change on my JP and have it working on the game), but since Chad has confirmed that this is out of scope for his project, it will have to be a DIY effort, and we should probably take the discussion somewhere else, so Chad's thread stays on topic.

This is probably a more appropriate thread to discuss, since it deals with DE (or start one specific to JP changes):
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lethal-weapon-3-sound-rom-update#post-1256476

#418 10 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I'd love to discuss sound changes (I've successfully made a change on my JP and have it working on the game), but since Chad has confirmed that this is out of scope for his project, it will have to be a DIY effort, and we should probably take the discussion somewhere else, so Chad's thread stays on topic.
This is probably a more appropriate thread to discuss, since it deals with DE (or start one specific to JP changes):
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lethal-weapon-3-sound-rom-update#post-1256476

Honestly, I'd appreciate it if you could hold off on any sound changes to JP as this might confuse the situation with me trying to work with Stern on all this. Need to keep everything legit and respect all copyrights. Thanks.

#419 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Honestly, I'd appreciate it if you could hold off on any sound changes to JP as this might confuse the situation with me trying to work with Stern on all this. Need to keep everything legit and respect all copyrights. Thanks.

Duly noted! We wouldn't want to complicate anything with getting your changes officially approved by Stern.

#420 10 years ago

This is very cool that you're doing this Chad.

As a new owner of JP I'm excited to see this happen. But no rush, take your time (just hurry).

(I'm also looking for a DE SW).

#421 10 years ago

I'm late to this thread, it sounds like this would be something that would be released through Stern then like the Star Wars DE code update? I think it's awesome what you did with Star Wars, and hopefully they reimburse you in some way to encourage more of this type of effort with other tables long in to the future!

#422 10 years ago

Here's a question for you all... how good are you at looping the inner loop shot (Helicopter pad) with the upper flipper? How many times have you been able to do it in a row?

I know it's a tough shot to loop, but I am working on something that will make it more exciting and more worthwhile to accomplish a multiple looped shot. I'll follow up with details later... but in the meantime I'd love to know how good you guys are at this shot?

#423 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Here's a question for you all... how good are you at looping the inner loop shot (Helicopter pad) with the upper flipper?

Right now.....pretty shitty. On mine the ball takes a funny bounce off the side rail on it's way back to the flipper and it throws it out away from the flipper. I can still make contact with it but it's not exactly the same every time which makes it near impossible to continually repeat the loop. I'm lucky if I do it twice.

Is this common on this pin?

#424 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Here's a question for you all... how good are you at looping the inner loop shot (Helicopter pad) with the upper flipper?

I'm not good at it, but it also isn't a shot I usually try and hit. I'm usually trying for the T-Rex to either start multiball or work on picking up the bounty.

#425 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Right now.....pretty shitty. On mine the ball takes a funny bounce off the side rail on it's way back to the flipper and it throws it out away from the flipper. I can still make contact with it but it's not exactly the same every time which makes it near impossible to continually repeat the loop. I'm lucky if I do it twice.
Is this common on this pin?

Yep, mine too...and it's FAST. Too tough to control. Maybe 3 loops is my best in a row.

#426 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Here's a question for you all... how good are you at looping the inner loop shot (Helicopter pad) with the upper flipper? How many times have you been able to do it in a row?
I know it's a tough shot to loop, but I am working on something that will make it more exciting and more worthwhile to accomplish a multiple looped shot. I'll follow up with details later... but in the meantime I'd love to know how good you guys are at this shot?

I'm honestly not sure if I've ever gotten it to loop twice. I have a hard time with that one. I always opt for the ramp for the jackpot in tri-ball.

#427 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yep, mine too...and it's FAST. Too tough to control. Maybe 3 loops is my best in a row.

Three loops is about my best as well. If I'm in Tri-Ball and a ball comes to the upper flipper I certainly try for the high jackpot loop shot - however I also invariably miss.

#428 10 years ago

Are the new rules consistent with the TREX lights on the apron and the text beside it?

#429 10 years ago

I have never tried to loop the helicopter shot. That flipper is purely for TRex shots (but if the code was updated I'd definitely start trying for them)

#430 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

I have never tried to loop the helicopter shot. That flipper is purely for TRex shots (but if the code was updated I'd definitely start trying for them)

It still does stuff even without the code update, namely Hold Raptors with two shots to it, which if you are decent at hitting the raptor pit can actually be worthwhile. It also completes the combo that does exist in code now.

#431 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Are the new rules consistent with the TREX lights on the apron and the text beside it?

Yes.

#432 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

You should start practicing. I know I need to also!

In an effort to make this Helicopter Pad loop shot more interesting... here is how I have it programmed now:

If you don't have Hold Raptor already...
1st loop = 1M + video of "HELICOPTOR PAD" and helicopter flying by + sound of helicopter
2nd loop = 1M + Hold Raptor collected + video of "RAPTOR PIT VALUE HELD" and raptor walking by + sound of dinosaur howling
All remaining loops = 5M + video of flashing "5 MILLION" + previously unused jackpot type sound

If you do have Hold Raptor already...
1st loop = 1M + video of "HELICOPTOR PAD" and helicopter flying by + sound of helicopter
All remaining loops = 5M + video of flashing "5 MILLION" + previously unused jackpot type sound

Also, the whole time you are looping, the helicopter sound continues to play in the background.

I am hoping this entices the player to try to do some looping. If you are good at it you could rack up some quick points.

This also ties into the 3-Way Combo shot nicely. Here is a possible scenario for that:

Ramp
Left Outer Loop
1st Inner Loop shot
= 1M + 5M + video of "3-WAY COMBO 5 MILLION" + sound of helicopter
2nd Inner Loop shot = 1M + Hold Raptor collected + video of "RAPTOR PIT VALUE HELD" and raptor walking by + sound of dinosaur howling
All remaining Inner Loop shots = 5M + video of flashing "5 MILLION" + previously unused jackpot type sound

#433 10 years ago

Sounds great.
...Can you show us some updates on your youtube channel?
Perhaps just some gameplay with your code? I think every JP owner will notices what's new.

I would love to see and hear some changes from your update.

#434 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I am really bad at it. If I do it two or three times in a row I am happy. For a skill comparison, I have made the loop on ST pro 6 times in a row.

#435 10 years ago
Quoted from NFK:

Can you show us some updates on your youtube channel?
Perhaps just some gameplay with your code? I think every JP owner see whats new.

I would love to see and hear some changes from your update.

I've been thinking of doing that. I will try to do one soon.

#436 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I'm the same as the others, three loops at most so far

#437 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Not very good at it. More often I get the ball into the T-Rex scoop. It is a tight shot to make into the narrow entrance requiring a perfect position on the UP flipper to make. I have my boat kick out saucer adjusted to kick the ball slowly and that helps slow it down to get a smoother/ more consistent roll to the upper flipper. Hitting that shot is almost more by accident during loop shots. I just now got to where I can make the left outer loop shot thru the pops more consistently by changing one of the post rubbers to a smaller one( the post next to lower left Pop bumper). It is definitely more fun to make the loops. If I make the inner loop shot two times in row, it is rare for me.

#438 10 years ago

Overall i would say the game is hard. Which makes it great to own.

With a longer ballsave time and raptor-kickback ballsave time the game is less frustrating.
To me this and the stampede changes alone makes the game awesome. With all the other changes Chad did the game is outstanding! I love to read this thread and can't wait to see it. Thank you Chad for all the toil that you're stuck in the code to make a good game even better.

#439 10 years ago

The second this is out, shut up and take my money.

#440 10 years ago

Okay...this game is good but I'm really getting sick of the ball draining coming right out of the pop bumpers. Last night it did it right off the launch (which got fired back into play) and then immediately drained again! Two consecutive balls launched and two that never got touched by a flipper.

#441 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Okay...this game is good but I'm really getting sick of the ball draining coming right out of the pop bumpers. Last night it did it right off the launch (which got fired back into play) and then immediately drained again! Two consecutive balls launched and two that never got touched by a flipper.

Like i said longer ballsaver is key.

#442 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The second this is out, shut up and take my money.

I don't think this can be sold I think it must be free

#443 10 years ago

LOL. Well you certainly don't think he's spending hours a day, buying the ROMs, and shipping them for free do you? You post screams selfishness.

#444 10 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

I don't think this can be sold I think it must be free

It would be handled the same way Star Wars code update was handled.

#445 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

LOL. Well you certainly don't think he's spending hours a day, buying the ROMs, and shipping them for free do you? You post screams selfishness.

Cost of chips + shipping is one thing but selling the code with out a free download to say use your own burner is an other.

#446 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

It would be handled the same way Star Wars code update was handled.

That's the perfect way to do things. I got the SW update for a friend, did a voluntary contribution for the work. Everyone happy.
Radiohead did this for one of their albums - download for free, if you like it - contribute some money to them. I wish the whole world worked this way and people were honest enough to make it work.

#447 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

That's the perfect way to do things. I got the SW update for a friend, did a voluntary contribution for the work. Everyone happy.

The contributions I received for the Star Wars update went directly into helping me get a Jurassic Park. Everyone wins because Stern's back catalog value increases along with their show of good will and the community wins because they get an updated classic pinball game which subsequently increases the enjoyment and the value of their game. I hope the cycle can continue.

#448 10 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Cost of chips + shipping is one thing but selling the code with out a free download to say use your own burner is an other.

The Star Wars update has always been free to download and burn. That will not change.

#449 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

The contributions I received for the Star Wars update went directly into helping me get a Jurassic Park. Everyone wins because Stern's back catalog value increases along with their show of good will and the community wins because they get an updated classic pinball game which subsequently increases the enjoyment and the value of their game. I hope the cycle can continue.

It's also cool that Stern does not have an issue with as well.

There have been others who are not so hot with 3rd part dates to older games or to stuff that they own due to buying out the rights.

#450 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I suck at it...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

There are 854 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-rules/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.