JP-comingsoon2.jpg
JP-comingsoon1.jpg
3-way-additional-1.png
3-way-additional-4.png
3-way-additional-2.png
3-way-additional-3.png
3-way-original-4.png
3-way-original-2.png

There are 854 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.
#551 10 years ago

How's the code coming along, any time frame??!!

#552 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Still super excited for this code upgrade.

Me too! Knowing my luck, as soon as I get it, my game will develop a flipper flutter or something since it has had no issues in about 7 years since I picked it up. Seems I always have that luck.

#553 10 years ago

Can't wait for the News

#554 10 years ago

I've started shopping mine in anticipation Did scoop repairs and cliffy's today.

#555 10 years ago

I have been playing my dads JP that he just picked up and I find the flashing GI during gameplay to be very distracting. Is there a way to make an option to turn that flashing off? I don't know if it is the flashing or the clicking relay that bothers me so much but it is making it hard for me to enjoy the game like I should.

#556 10 years ago

Did a flipper rebuild on the weekend - so much easier to make loops and around the ramp now. Why did I wait so long!
How often do others do rebuilds?

#557 10 years ago

Can the T-Rex movement be disabled when the ball is in the shooter lane? To prevent wear and tear on the gearbox on location if someone leaves a game. Or maybe a 30 second auto plunge?

#558 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Can the T-Rex movement be disabled when the ball is in the shooter lane? To prevent wear and tear on the gearbox on location if someone leaves a game. Or maybe a 30 second auto plunge?

You're really looking out for the one on route, aren't you?

Sounds like a great idea if Chad can swing it, but I wonder how many ops would be interested in upgrading their JPs with the new code.

#559 10 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Sounds like a great idea if Chad can swing it, but I wonder how many ops would be interested in upgrading their JPs with the new code.

If I had one for my location, I would.

#560 10 years ago

Are you still working on this project ChadH?

Thanks.

#561 10 years ago

Well me makes one at least.

#562 10 years ago

but I wonder how many ops would be interested in upgrading their JPs with the new code.

I'll be another.

#563 10 years ago

Probably not ever happening, but could you make it not the same music as Lethal Weapon 3 cause it literally kills the game for me that they recycled music...

Also, Chad, you are an amazing man for the code. Gonna make a lot of people happy.

#564 10 years ago

Um... JP doesn't recycle music from any other game.

#565 10 years ago

I think they recycled the sound when you have to shoot the dino going across the screen mid game. Same as the draw and fire sequence in LW3, and equally as annoying as the ball knows to drain then

#566 10 years ago

I noticed recycled sound with DESW. Pissed me off when I owned both.

#567 10 years ago

All Data Easts recycled sounds.

#568 10 years ago

The dino shoot sequence has different ascending music.

#569 10 years ago

I think there are recycled sounds between JP and WWFRR, both DE machines.

#570 10 years ago

Data East recycles sound effects and musical instruments, but not music.

#571 10 years ago

My WWF has sounds clips from other DE games like the Tales From the Crypt keeper for RIP used in WWF, etc. They all use the same sound byte when you hit the 100,000,000 million score, at least JP and WWF do.

#572 10 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

They all use the same sound byte when you hit the 100,000,000 million score, at least JP and WWF do.

I like this about those Data East games. It's nice to hear a common sound effect across the various games that indicates you've hit that 100M score milestone without having to look up.

Thanks guys for all the great suggestions. I wish I could implement them all but it is just not possible. There is a limit to the amount of free space and I have almost used it all up. For me to add anything of significance at this point would mean that I would have to remove something.

However, I did get to squeeze one often requested feature into the game. The "Shoot Again" insert near the flippers that only ever lights when you have an extra ball will now flash while the 10 second ball save timer is active at the beginning of each ball. If you recall, this ball save timer was increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds earlier on. Also, hitting the outlane switches extends the ball save timer so it won't end between the outlane switch and the outhole switch.

Another adjustment I made is anytime Super Pops is activated via Dino Shootout or Mr. DNA, it used to run on a 30 second timer which would get cut short as soon as the ball left the pops area for a few seconds for the first time. I have it set so Super Pops will run for a minimum of 30 seconds regardless of how many times the ball enters and leaves the pops area. So you can shoot the ball back into the pops and rack up more points. If the 30 second timer ends while the ball is in the pops then Super Pops will stay active until the ball falls out of the pops. The Super Pops behavior at the beginning of the ball that activates with a successful skill shot is unchanged and still ends as soon as the ball leaves the pops.

At this point I am play testing the heck out of this thing. I have already fixed several minor issues and oddities. I am more focused on the minor adjustments now and I am very, very happy with how the game is playing overall. I have dug deeper into JP than I did with Star Wars and have learned so much more and JP is benefiting with this extra attention. There are things I have learned that I wish I could go back to Star Wars with and implement. So, I am in no rush and I need to let this stew for a while because I want to be sure everything is just perfect. I have no way of telling you how long this will take.

If anyone local is interested in coming over and checking this out, please PM me... it's always great to get feedback.

#573 10 years ago

Chad, thanks for the update, looking forward to your final version

#574 10 years ago

Fantastic, Chad !!

#575 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

However, I did get to squeeze one often requested feature into the game. The "Shoot Again" insert near the flippers that only ever lights when you have an extra ball will now flash while the 10 second ball save timer is active at the beginning of each ball. If you recall, this ball save timer was increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds earlier on. Also, hitting the outlane switches extends the ball save timer so it won't end between the outlane switch and the outhole switch.

Cool that you where able to add that! Does it also trun on for raptor saving?

any way to also have that for multiball ball saver?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#576 10 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Raptor saving already does it, it does it with the word "Danger" flashing near the Raptor pit.

I'm personally opposed to having it happen during multiball. Without spending too long on it, I find there to be pros and cons to both ways - the big problem is that you can gain advantages by purposely letting the balls drain, specifically in multiball, if the ball saver is lit. By not having it lit during that time, you have to make the risk that it's still on if you are going to try to gain that advantage.

It's not as big of a deal when the ball is first fired into play because the advantage of the ball bouncing around the pops at that point doesn't get you much. In multiball, where it keeps it out of the way for a time and / or scores the H progression, ehhhhh.

#577 10 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Very Well done Sir!! Very well done. Sweet to have that Shoot again/ Ball save light flashing!!

#578 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Raptor saving already does it, it does it with the word "Danger" flashing near the Raptor pit.
I'm personally opposed to having it happen during multiball. Without spending too long on it, I find there to be pros and cons to both ways - the big problem is that you can gain advantages by purposely letting the balls drain, specifically in multiball, if the ball saver is lit. By not having it lit during that time, you have to make the risk that it's still on if you are going to try to gain that advantage.
It's not as big of a deal when the ball is first fired into play because the advantage of the ball bouncing around the pops at that point doesn't get you much. In multiball, where it keeps it out of the way for a time and / or scores the H progression, ehhhhh.

well it being on for multiball makes it more like modern games.

DM turns on the ball saver light for the car target.

#579 10 years ago
Quoted from ikrananka:

Here's something I came across the other day that I hadn't noticed before. If the Boat Dock is lit and then shot, and that happens to collect the Spitters, AND this is prior to the first Tri-Ball, then only ONE of the Spitters lights turns off. This makes no sense prior to the first Tri-Ball when physically hitting any ONE of the Spitter targets collects them ALL. So, shouldn't collecting Spitters via the Boat Dock (before the first Tri-Ball) also collect them ALL?

Chad - could you comment on my observation above. This isn't a feature request, rather something that I believe is inconsistent behaviour. I'm hoping with this being a "correction" that it doesn't need any additional space.

#580 10 years ago

Chad is a very patient guy and I've learned a lot from him when it comes to release dates. With my own projects, he's told me, "I know you're excited, but be patient, get much closer to being done before you start announcing release dates."

At the risk of sounding all "uppity", I'd say Chad is like the artist staring at what looks like a finished sculpture. He doesn't know what else needs to be done, he just knows it's not finished yet.

#581 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I have dug deeper into JP than I did with Star Wars and have learned so much more and JP is benefiting with this extra attention. There are things I have learned that I wish I could go back to Star Wars with and implement. So, I am in no rush and I need to let this stew for a while because I want to be sure everything is just perfect.

Hi Chad!! Does that mean that JP will have more adjustments than SW ??

Can't wait to play !!!

Thank you!!

#582 10 years ago

May I ask the cost? If it was mentioned previously in the thread, I apologize.

#583 10 years ago
Quoted from gac:

May I ask the cost? If it was mentioned previously in the thread, I apologize.

#584 10 years ago

How much to charge for a burned ROM?

#585 10 years ago
Quoted from ikrananka:

Chad - could you comment on my observation above. This isn't a feature request, rather something that I believe is inconsistent behaviour. I'm hoping with this being a "correction" that it doesn't need any additional space.

I looked into this and I do have a fix for it. The problem is that this one is a little more convoluted than I hoped and is not just a simple small tweak to fix. This fix will take about 30 to 40 bytes of memory. That's 40 bytes I don't have right now.

I'll do my best to try to move some stuff around and scrounge up some space to get this implemented. But no guarantee. When I implemented the flashing Shoot Again Ball Save, I already did some scrounging so I am left with very little breathing room.

#586 10 years ago

It's funny to have a conversation about bytes in 2014. Love what you're doing ChadH!

#587 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I looked into this and I do have a fix for it. The problem is that this one is a little more convoluted than I hoped and is not just a simple small tweak to fix. This fix will take about 30 to 40 bytes of memory. That's 40 bytes I don't have right now.
I'll do my best to try to move some stuff around and scrounge up some space to get this implemented. But no guarantee. When I implemented the flashing Shoot Again Ball Save, I already did some scrounging so I am left with very little breathing room.

can you take out the next game advertisement to save space?

#588 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Well Chad all I can say is a huge thank you for trying. If you do manage to implement it then that is great and removes a daft inconsistency from the original code - if not, then c'est la vie

#589 10 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

can you take out the next game advertisement to save space?

I may be totally wrong, but the next game ad is in display rom and the code is in game rom, so that wouldn't work. Otherwise, I'd be all for this too, considering that JP never displayed it right before anyway.

#590 10 years ago

It uses probably 30 something instructions though.

#591 10 years ago

I understand that this is not the LAH thread, but curious if that's in progress too?

#592 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I may be totally wrong, but the next game ad is in display rom and the code is in game rom, so that wouldn't work. Otherwise, I'd be all for this too, considering that JP never displayed it right before anyway.

You are correct. Removing that would not effect the game ROM so that won't do it.

Quoted from ikrananka:

Well Chad all I can say is a huge thank you for trying. If you do manage to implement it then that is great and removes a daft inconsistency from the original code - if not, then c'est la vie

After looking closer, I think I can fit this fix in after I shuffle some stuff around. BTW, along with the Spitters, the inconsistency also exists for the Herrerasaurus pair and the Brachiosaurus pair. My plan is to have these all working as expected.

#593 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

You are correct. Removing that would not effect the game ROM so that won't do it.

After looking closer, I think I can fit this fix in after I shuffle some stuff around. BTW, along with the Spitters, the inconsistency also exists for the Herrerasaurus pair and the Brachiosaurus pair. My plan is to have these all working as expected.

the next game thing does have an off / on setting so maybe taking that out will free some ram / space.

#594 10 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

the next game thing does have an off / on setting so maybe taking that out will free some ram / space.

Not exactly, that routine is only loaded into memory during attract mode. He's mainly talking about space on the ROM itself. Chad if that's the case why not just use a bigger ROM?

#595 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Not exactly, that routine is only loaded into memory during attract mode. He's mainly talking about space on the ROM itself. Chad if that's the case why not just use a bigger ROM?

aren't the boards maxed out on rom size?

if not that may need a new rom chip other then just an reburn.

#596 10 years ago

Well later games use bigger ROMs I presume, and Stern Whitestar is just a similar version of the Data East 3 system.

#597 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Well later games use bigger ROMs I presume, and Stern Whitestar is just a similar version of the Data East 3 system.

Uhm, that is in no way how it works. You can't use your Whitestar board in your JP.

#598 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

How much to charge for a burned ROM?

This is what I was really asking.

#599 10 years ago

I'm in this for the long haul. I'll wait as long as needed for the new code.

#600 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Uhm, that is in no way how it works. You can't use your Whitestar board in your JP.

Well obviously not. System 3 and Whitestar games are similar, look at how little has changed on the CPU board between the four generations. My point is the newer games likely use bigger CPU ROMs, so there may be a possibly to use bigger ROMs on system 3 boards.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenville, OH
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hickory, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 854 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-rules/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.