JP-comingsoon2.jpg
JP-comingsoon1.jpg
3-way-additional-1.png
3-way-additional-4.png
3-way-additional-2.png
3-way-additional-3.png
3-way-original-4.png
3-way-original-2.png
There are 854 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.
#501 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Actually, the biggest use of the Smart Missile was when you were playing in 1993 and had no idea what you were doing, and some chick walked by, you could hit the Smart Missile to start multiball and make it look like you were really awesome at the game.
Seriously, without that exact use of the Smart Missile, I would have NEVER got into pinball.

Man, if I had a nickel every time I got some ass, because I was showing some mad skills at playing JP (or any pinball for that matter), I would be ..............................in the same situation I am now because I wouldn't be a nickel richer.

bad-santa-pinball-o.gifbad-santa-pinball-o.gif
#502 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Man, if I had a nickel every time I got some ass, because I was showing some mad skills at playing JP (or any pinball for that matter), I would be ..............................in the same situation I am now because I wouldn't be a nickel richer.

Ha! Me too, but I always wanted to look good just in case

#503 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

I didn't realize they did five machines that year. You win!

actually it's 4, the one on the left is a newer sega...

you gotta keep a close eye on that Justin character : )

#505 10 years ago

This is the reason I'm keeping my JP. Can't wait to install and enjoy my "new" game.

#506 10 years ago

Chad is it possible to implement an algorithm that approximates the boundaries of the T-Rex left/right mechanism? By the way Data East has talked about the crucial adjustments of the boundary switches, it appears that there was no timing code to approximate when to stop the motor if a boundary switch fails. When a switch fails it usually stops registering. The CPU can theoretically use timing data to determine how long it takes the motor to travel to either side and in turn use timing to stop T-Rex instead of switch inputs.

Data East has their T-Rex diagnostics test when the game is turned on. Does anything suggest that the CPU collects timing data during this test to compensate for a bad boundary switch? I just dropped a new $100 gearbox in my game and it's going straight to route. It would really suck to damage the mech if a silly boundary switch fails and the mech slams against the metal guide because the game doesn't know when to stop.

#507 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Data East has their T-Rex diagnostics test when the game is turned on. Does anything suggest that the CPU collects timing data during this test to compensate for a bad boundary switch? I just dropped a new $100 gearbox in my game and it's going straight to route. It would really suck to damage the mech if a silly boundary switch fails and the mech slams against the metal guide because the game doesn't know when to stop.

Not Chad, but I doubt this can be done just because of the size it would take.

Having said that, for route, personally, I'd turn off dino side to side movement. He'll still go up and down, and you won't potentially run that gearbox into the ground.

#508 10 years ago

Hmm.... it would be interesting to see if you can fit a "if it runs for 4 seconds OR hits the limit switch" I wonder how much space that would actually use up.

#509 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Not Chad, but I doubt this can be done just because of the size it would take.
Having said that, for route, personally, I'd turn off dino side to side movement. He'll still go up and down, and you won't potentially run that gearbox into the ground.

For home I'd turn it off too. The side to side movement is way too slow and just kills the action.

#510 10 years ago

just picked up a JP yesterday and i'm super excited for what Chad is doing. Your work is greatly appreciated.

#511 10 years ago

Here's something I came across the other day that I hadn't noticed before. If the Boat Dock is lit and then shot, and that happens to collect the Spitters, AND this is prior to the first Tri-Ball, then only ONE of the Spitters lights turns off. This makes no sense prior to the first Tri-Ball when physically hitting any ONE of the Spitter targets collects them ALL. So, shouldn't collecting Spitters via the Boat Dock (before the first Tri-Ball) also collect them ALL?

1 week later
#512 10 years ago

@ ikrananka
One Spitter collects all to the first Tri-ball starts, so yes it's already the case doesn't it?

@ ChadH
Is the game now launching a new ball when outlane switch closed in Ball Save time?

...is Boat Dock collect all multiple targets (Spitters or Herrerasaurus or Brachiosaurus / near the bumper) to the first Tri-ball starts?

#513 10 years ago
Quoted from NFK:

@ ikrananka
One Spitter collects all to the first Tri-ball starts, so yes it's already the case doesn't it?

It is the case when hitting the spitter targets for the first tri-ball but NOT when collecting spitters via the boat dock.

#514 10 years ago
Quoted from NFK:

@ ikrananka
@ ChadH
Is the game now launching a new ball when outlane switch closed in Ball Save time?

I think the DE / Sega games from that time added more Ball Save time when you hit the outlines

#515 10 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

I think the DE / Sega games from that time added more Ball Save time when you hit the outlines

Yeah but it slows the game down.

#516 10 years ago

Not sure if this was requested yet or not. But for those of us who have not gotten around to tweaking the pops (use Williams spoons and springs), can the code be changed so we can reduce the number of pop hits it takes to complete Electric Fence mode? As much as I love to see Timmy fry...I've never been able to beat that mode, and I've had the pin for MANY years.

Bob C

#517 10 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Not sure if this was requested yet or not. But for those of us who have not gotten around to tweaking the pops (use Williams spoons and springs), can the code be changed so we can reduce the number of pop hits it takes to complete Electric Fence mode? As much as I love to see Timmy fry...I've never been able to beat that mode, and I've had the pin for MANY years.
Bob C

I've never adjusted my pops (other than cleaning and setting the switch gap) and have managed to complete electric fences on many occasions (and also failing many times). Not bragging, just saying that on my machine it is hit and miss but can and is achieved fairly regularly.

#518 10 years ago

I actually just did it for the 1st time In 10 year LOL!

But I'm probably not as good as you are...

#519 10 years ago
Quoted from ikrananka:

I've never adjusted my pops (other than cleaning and setting the switch gap) and have managed to complete electric fences on many occasions (and also failing many times). Not bragging, just saying that on my machine it is hit and miss but can and is achieved fairly regularly.

I've done it a few times...the tough part is getting the ball IN the pops. The only guaranteed way is with the upper flipper through the one way gate. Then, hope you get enough hits. You can get in through the bottom but that shot tends to not get many pop hits before coming back out.

#520 10 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I actually just did it for the 1st time In 10 year LOL!
But I'm probably not as good as you are...

Congrats :thumbsup:

#521 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I've done it a few times...the tough part is getting the ball IN the pops. The only guaranteed way is with the upper flipper through the one way gate. Then, hope you get enough hits. You can get in through the bottom but that shot tends to not get many pop hits before coming back out.

I tend to go to the pops through the bottom via the left flipper and once it's in there do a lot of nudging. It does generally come back out early but getting it back in there is the key. And don't forget that each time it hits the slingshots that also counts towards the 20 hits required.

#522 10 years ago

The problem with saving Timmy is as already noted, there is no straight shot into the pops that guarantees it stays other than the extremely tough shot through the one way gate. If you can pull that off, you deserve the points

Related, DE lowered the amount of hits already needed to complete the mode to I think 15, so it theoretically is lower even with the not-really-responsive DE pops.

#523 10 years ago
Quoted from ikrananka:

I tend to go to the pops through the bottom via the left flipper and once it's in there do a lot of nudging. It does generally come back out early but getting it back in there is the key. And don't forget that each time it hits the slingshots that also counts towards the 20 hits required.

I didn't know the slings counted too!

#524 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I didn't know the slings counted too!

They do indeed - I assume this was an attempt to make the challenge not quite so hard.

#525 10 years ago
Quoted from ikrananka:

They do indeed - I assume this was an attempt to make the challenge not quite so hard.

On the other hand, if a ball gets going between the slings in JP, it usually means the end of your ball, especially on the left side

#526 10 years ago

Sidetrack, can anyone tell me an easy way to adjust the switch gaps? I hat trying to bend them.

#527 10 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Sidetrack, can anyone tell me an easy way to adjust the switch gaps? I hat trying to bend them.

This works well for me : http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518

#528 10 years ago

Not sure if this has been mentioned before now, it so, i apologize for the repeat. On my JP, when you get Shoot again, it seems like it takes a long time for the ball to be served to the plunger lane, after the voice call says, "Shoot again" and the DMD display.. Why can't the ball just be served immediately instead of a delay. I am ready to shoot the ball again, but i am always waiting for the ball to be served.
Thanks,

#529 10 years ago

Any anticipated release date. I'd be more than willing to beta test this if interested.

#530 10 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before now, it so, i apologize for the repeat. On my JP, when you get Shoot again, it seems like it takes a long time for the ball to be served to the plunger lane, after the voice call says, "Shoot again" and the DMD display.. Why can't the ball just be served immediately instead of a delay. I am ready to shoot the ball again, but i am always waiting for the ball to be served.
Thanks,

Dude, it's like 4 seconds...they should all be destroyed!

#531 10 years ago

Chad can the shoot again animation and the end of ball bonus screen be skipped by pressing either flipper button?

#532 10 years ago

My dad is looking to pick up a JP next week. I just read through this thread and I am really excited to see these changes coming. I thought the SW update was stellar.

#533 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Chad can the shoot again animation and the end of ball bonus screen be skipped by pressing either flipper button?

I tried that on my JP but the ball will not serve any faster.

#534 10 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Uhh, bending...that's how you adjust them. Make sure the spoon portion isn't pressing too hard on the finger so that the skirt moves easily. And make sure the contacts are clean (business card wetted with isopropyl alcohol dragged between them.)

#535 10 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

I tried that on my JP but the ball will not serve any faster.

Right, which is why I'm asking him if it can be implemented.

#536 10 years ago

I hope to pick up a jp very soon

#537 10 years ago

I hope this is done before I sell my JP!!

#538 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Right, which is why I'm asking him if it can be implemented.

Cool, I hope that can be done.

#539 10 years ago

The version of the code can be run on location correct? You considered replay rules/score bumping and credits?

#540 10 years ago

I just saw something odd. Multiball restart was lit and I collected the restart at the raptor pit. Raptor kicker throws it down the middle and the ball rolls up the right outlane and back down, closing the outlane switch twice. As soon as I got the restart it put another ball into play before the first one drained, and immediately multiball ended. Is this a bug or is it because I drained my second ball immediately even though multiball had restarted? Can you please implement a grace period for situations like these as not to waste a multiball restart collected from the raptor pit?

#541 10 years ago

That is a correct raptor pit multi all restart sequence, not a bug. If you want the safe shot, you have to hit the t-rex. Otherwise it acts as a ball save if it drains from the pit.

#542 10 years ago

Right, but the ball wasn't saved and multiball terminated immediately.

#543 10 years ago

Chad - awesome work so far! Too bad you can't add new audio but at least you found a hidden clip.

Can I ask when you're expecting this new code to be finished?

#544 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Right, but the ball wasn't saved and multiball terminated immediately.

No, that's correct.

There is no ball save on Raptor Pit in multiball. The *instant* that you trip Raptor Pit to restart multiball, you no longer have a ball save. If the Raptor Pit fires the ball immediately into the drain, multiball is over. Unlike the start of regular multiball, there is no ball save at all for a ball that is lost because you already had that at the start of the first multiball.

T-Rex is the safe, although harder to hit, multiball restart location.

#545 10 years ago

The game seems to have inconsistent multiball ball saver timers / systems for all multiballs

#546 10 years ago

^ Could you explain further?

As far as I know, the ball saver is...

Triball -> Standard ball saver time after final ball is fired into play
CHAOS -> Standard ball saver time once multiball mode is started
Raptors -> Standard ball saver time after second ball is fired into play

None of them seem to change game to game to me?

#547 10 years ago

Do all multiball restarts forfeit your ball save?

#548 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

^ Could you explain further?
As far as I know, the ball saver is...
Triball -> Standard ball saver time after final ball is fired into play
CHAOS -> Standard ball saver time once multiball mode is started
Raptors -> Standard ball saver time after second ball is fired into play
None of them seem to change game to game to me?

Well like the other ones they may need to be a little longer

#549 10 years ago

Still super excited for this code upgrade.

#550 10 years ago

Too bad I won't be able to play the new code on my machine as I have recently sold my JP to make room for a new one. I'll miss JP but not really that much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
There are 854 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-rules/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.