Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-63.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

So I'm having issues with a repair. My upper right flipper when out on my Jurassic Park Machine. I check the coil and someone had installed one besides the one in the manual . So I installed a new one from stren that matched the factory one and nothing. So I did a full rebuild on the lower right. Now both are dead. I've checked all the fuses, The wiring diagrams, everything I know or have read to do. Both red light come on on the flipper board when the bottom is pressed. I need some advice on what to check or if I have messed up something. The right upper flipper was intermittent a few months ago then I had the issue where after 10mins of play the machine would freeze. I installed a new power supply and it fixed that problem but the upper never worked since.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-63.jpgimage-63.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Check your voltage on both lugs of each coil with your multimeter. You should get a reading on each one and they should match. If you get no reading on either lug, check your fuses. If you get a reading on one lug, but not the other, you have a bad coil.

#3 9 years ago

Pictures before hand or look at the old coils, But your diodes are backward. Did you clean the end of stroke before replacing the coil you thought was bad? If the end of stroke is dirty
The flipper will not work, But flip the diode around first.

#4 9 years ago

These flippers don't have EOS switches I don't believe. These are the double coiled with timed switching between flip and hold coils.

#5 9 years ago

That coil uses a normally closed switch.
If it's not adjusted correctly, flipper will be dead.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Pacer:

These flippers don't have EOS switches I don't believe. These are the double coiled with timed switching between flip and hold coils.

Bottom left and right flippers have EOS switches on JP and on all subsequent DE Deger flipper games.

They are NC low-power signal switches that re-apply the momentary 50v kick if the flipper is knocked down by the ball (eg Raptor kickback)

UR flipper has no EOS.

Previous DE games didn't have them at all.

RM

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Solder_Splash:

That coil uses a normally closed switch.
If it's not adjusted correctly, flipper will be dead.

Or very weak, yes.

RM

#8 9 years ago

Which diodes are backwards? I bought them from macrospec that's just how they came I can switch them around if needs be. Yeah the first pic is the lower right that has the Eos, I didn't change it out. I did notice the F1 fuse blown on the flipper board as well. Thank you got the replies I'm new to pinball repair and realy want fit it.

#9 9 years ago

The diodes on the coils. I just checked my JP to be sure and they are backwards, the stripe should go away from the orange wire. Flip the diodes,replace the fuse on the flipper board and check the eos adjustment and give it a test.

#10 9 years ago

Easier to flip the wires or replace the diode with new.

#11 9 years ago

Okay, so maybe the backwards diode was blowing my fuse. Is it okay to just swap the wires, or do I need to flip the diodes?

#12 9 years ago

Okay so I checked the lower right with an ohm meter and it was only 0.2. I took it off and placed the old one back on. I also flipped the diode on the upper right coil, someone said it was backwards and it was from the old one and all the others. I replaced both fuses on the flipper board for those flippers. Powered up the machine went to service mode. The lower right instantly flipped once, then nothing. I checked both fuses were blown. Any ideas on where to look now?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainBig:

Okay so I checked the lower right with an ohm meter and it was only 0.2. I took it off and placed the old one back on. I also flipped the diode on the upper right coil, someone said it was backwards and it was from the old one and all the others. I replaced both fuses on the flipper board for those flippers. Powered up the machine went to service mode. The lower right instantly flipped once, then nothing. I checked both fuses were blown. Any ideas on where to look now?

You checked the resistance of the lower right flipper coil? In order to get a proper reading on that coil, you need to cut one side of the diode first. You should also test the diodes on both of those coils. Again, one side must be cut first in order to get a proper reading. And for the record, the banded side of the diode needs to be connected to the lug with the blue/yellow wire going to it.

#14 9 years ago

Okay, I took off both coils and removed both diodes. The lower right was 0.2, so I took the old one which read 3.7. I installed them both with the band going to the blue yellow which looks to be the wire coming from the flipper board. The lower right flips once in the service menu then the F1 F5 fuses blow and it's dead again

#15 9 years ago

Did you test the diodes with your meter when you had them off? Do the fuses blow if you start the game up without the flipper coils hooked up?

#16 9 years ago

Never reuse diodes!!! They cost less then a dime. Always ohm new doides before installing.

#17 9 years ago

The fuses only blow when the right flipper is hit. I went ahead and changed out the two diodes with new ones. I also installed a new flipper board. All of the flippers are working now. Thank you all for the help!

I have another problem now that was there before, it's an error 1 ball missing, the game tries to find it by shooting a ball but it barely makes it onto the playfield

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainBig:

I have another problem now that was there before, it's an error 1 ball missing, the game tries to find it by shooting a ball but it barely makes it onto the playfield

Check your trough switches and your shooter lane switch. If you have one bad or misadjusted switch, you will have this sort of problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-right-side-flipper-issues-need-assistants-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.