Dscf6606 (resized).jpg
Img_4557 (resized).jpg
Img_4551 (resized).jpg
Dscf6565 (resized).jpg
Dscf6586 (resized).jpg
Dscf6566 (resized).jpg
Img_4640 (resized).jpg
Dscf6538 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 7 years ago

Very cool. Can't wait to see it when it's done.

#35 7 years ago

Just a tip about that amber, don't use alcohol to clean it. It will melt it.

I had something gummy stuck to mine, so I wiped it with rubbing alcohol. I got the gummy stuff off, but looked like it was smeared a little bit. So I wiped some more, and still couldn't get it polished back up. Then I looked at my rag, and it was orange.

Took me a while with some different fine grit sand paper, but finally got it back. Still a bit hazy and not as clear as it once was, but it's passable.

1 month later
#80 7 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Interesting about the Cliffys. I bought a set when I picked up this machine several years ago and planned on using them. I had not heard about the problems with JP. I guess I will make that decision when I am done with the playfield.

Here's a thread I started a while back to see if anyone ditched their Cliffy's after using them. I wasn't liking the shots to those scoops with them on. I still have them on. Been considering just taking them off and leaving them bare. I figured I wouldn't cause much more harm to the 20 years of arcade wear.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ever-ditch-cliffy-protectors-after-using-them

3 weeks later
#102 7 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I can always change it.

Glad you're thinking that way.

I'd be like, "GAHHH! I don't really like it. But it's too much freaking work to mask everything again. Then I have to get all the paint ready. Then I have to clean up all the paint stuff. Then I have to wait for it to dry. F-it, it's good enough."

Looks great so far.

1 month later
#156 7 years ago

Hope you have a good full shot of the playfield before all this painting. Will be interested to see a side by side comparison. Lost of time consuming hard work. Should be one fine looking machine!

6 months later
#245 6 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Wow. Very nice. I consider this artistry.

I consider it OCD. Man I'd love to have the patients to make things perfect, but my OCD has ADD.

Props to you. This will be the best looking JP anywhere!

1 month later
#267 6 years ago

I love the blackness of the cabinet. I wouldn't ever dare think about using any other colors other than black. I especially like the textured feel of the powder coat that keeps it a matte black.

3 weeks later
#308 6 years ago

The original side rails are vinyl wrapped? I never noticed. I thought they were powder-coated?

Love that shine! Man, I need to start tearing mine down and doing a good once over. Putting parts in the tumbler, replacing the plastics with the repro's, and swapping out some other things. Got a list of things I'd like to do. I've been playing it less lately, so I probably wouldn't mind if it was out of commision for a while.

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I guess I should have said playfield side rails. These are the ones that are attached to the playfield.
The cabinet side rails are powder coated.

Oh, gotcha! I know what you're talking about now. I was trying to figure out if it was something else, and couldn't for the life of me think of what was vinyl wrapped in mine.

3 weeks later
#341 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

and will make it interactive with my machine.

Are you going to get a "frustrated Nedry" character that spins the arrow?

1 month later
#398 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Got my connectors in so I finished up the wiring for the Backbox GI control.

Here is the kinda crap you come up with when your wife has major knee surgery and you are helping take care of her and you are watching a Hallmark movie with her while on the computer.
Cut some vinyl and printed a T-Rex emblem.

Blank Speaker - Boring

You can see part of my 12v power distribution set up for mods but I forgot to take some pictures so I will show that later.

What are the red and black things to the right of the speaker? Is that like a power strip for extra lighting? Did a miss a previous post?

2 months later
#539 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

These decals actually look pretty good,for what they are. I'm leaning towards mirrors if I can make sure the DE ones will work. I was told the Stern ones would fit but they don't.
I finally found the picture you mentioned. I am putting the collar plastic on tonight so I will see what I can come up with.

Had a ball get stuck there on me. I made a guide from piano wire. Haven't had any problems since, and is hardly noticeable.

2018-02-25 11.53.28 (resized).jpg2018-02-25 11.53.28 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#564 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Contrats man! Thanks for documenting.

Yeah! Awesome work. A lot more attention to detail than I'd have the patients for. Would love to see a video of it when time works out for you.

Quoted from Lonzo:

I had a massive problem with air balls off the 4 posts by the ramp and captive ball. Worked a long time to get that fixed.

What was your fix? I had that issue when I used SuperBand posts. I ended up switching them out with Cliffy Post rubber. Super Bands made the ball fly. Cliffy deadens the bounce drastically.

#572 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I think there is a guy that sells cliffys at the show so I may get some and try them but for now

I think you'll be happy with them in both regards to look and bounce. I bought mine at the Chicago Expo a couple years ago.

But I know exactly what you mean with the Super Bands. I had one shot jump over the crossover ramp and over the flippers. I think it was because how grippy they were. With the way the ball spins when it hits it, it just launches it in the air.

1 week later
#606 6 years ago

Nice!

I need to 3D print some of those LED strip holders. Double-sided tape just doesn't hold.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-restoration?tu=woody24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.