Dscf6606 (resized).jpg
Img_4557 (resized).jpg
Img_4551 (resized).jpg
Dscf6565 (resized).jpg
Dscf6586 (resized).jpg
Dscf6566 (resized).jpg
Img_4640 (resized).jpg
Dscf6538 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 7 years ago

Pm me with you email if you want all of the decal scans.

4 weeks later
#75 7 years ago

Always wanted to see how mantis protectors were on a jp. Cliffys seem to effect too many shots. Wondered also if mantis would protect a reformed hole. There has to be historical evidence, right?

Anyway...back to this awesome restoration.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

Mantis should work a lot better and they are cheaper too. Cliffy are very sensitive to the shape of the area and can be a pain to make flat against the play field. As you pointed out, they affect the shot. You could couple some small pieces of Mylar with the mantis protector so the mantis forces the mylar to stay against the wall of the hole.

Wow thats a great idea. The rattle rebound of the cliffys made me not want to play jp. It's a great product but helpless against a quick short shot like jp has.

To be honest you could fix a chewed up hole with bubble gum and you would never know it with cliffys.

#79 7 years ago

When the ball rolls right or left it skips right over the cliffys. A straight shot has to be dead perfect or it bounces off the scoop and the metal sides. My last name isn't Sharpe.

I took my cliffys off until i hear more about Mantis. Then i plan to do the rebuild you did. I did one about ten years ago using jb weld but i sold that machine.

#82 7 years ago

Would love to know the Mantis long term effect on holes that have been repaired.

Sorry this thread is taking a left hand turn...

#87 7 years ago

Holy crap, this resto just went to 11...

2 weeks later
#97 7 years ago

I think you made the right decision going with mantis. Great pics.

2 weeks later
#118 7 years ago

He got them from pinball center. I'm curious to see how they look! Wish they made an easy break set for JP.

2 months later
#211 7 years ago

Slow moving but one of my favorite threads on Pinside.

4 months later
#241 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Did a little more work on the black insert rings in the pop bumper area.

Then I experimented with paint color for the white tick marks on the colored insert rings. I cut a mask and did the ship insert first.

The paint was close but just a tad darker than the original. But I was not happy with the level of detail with the marks. With such a small area being but on the mask, the corners were not perfect squares. Also as previously mentioned, it takes more paint to get good coverage with white so when pulling the mask off, the marks were just not clean enough for me. So I decided to go another route and try vinyl.
Here is the cut for the same insert.

Here us the final product.

I like the sharp look much better. The white is probably just a hair whiter than what is on there but when you put Naphtha on it, they look pretty close. I will use a variation of this for the final version. I ordered some thinner vinyl and will complete when I get it in.

I have zero idea what you did here. Did you change the color of the outline of the boat? Vinyl? What?

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

It's a little harder to see in the pic because of the blue but I am talking about the little white marks that are on the colored part of the insert rings.

You did ALL THAT because of the color of the tiny little white marks on the boat insert?!?!

(can you please come over and work on my machines?)

1 month later
#283 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Did you scan the decals? I need some can't find any. I need the ones from the T-Rex box, mouth and the green leaves from the play field. Bay Area Amusements did sell them but not in stock in months. I just got the plastic set from them. The blue is very dark almost purple. The set of plastics you got from Pinball center what does the blue look like?

If you are talking about the sticker decals, i have them just pm me your email and i can send them to you.

2 months later
#376 6 years ago

I liked the bleed when I had it because it illuminated the backboard somewhat. Sounds like you are doing something much cooler...?

4 months later
#579 6 years ago
Quoted from bflagg:

Congrats on the best in show win! Called it! Your game is stunning and the quality of work and attention to detail in phenomenal. It played great as well, loved the computer. Well deserved.

Woah, incredible win, incredible machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-restoration?tu=rondogg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.