I fixed the black lines on the tip of the shooter lane where the ball rolls through.
Dscf5842 (resized).jpgDscf5843 (resized).jpg
The rest of the day was building a new spray room and building a stand.
If you are going for a gloss finish on a cabinet, it is a whole lot easier to do when praying the surface flat rather than vertical. I never liked the idea of laying a finished cleared side on a stand or on the floor. Just too many chances to scratch it up. I had an idea and I ran across this at Harbor Freight and with my 20% off coupon, I decided to give it a shot.
Wheels Wheels Wheels. I gotta have wheels.
Almost everything in my shop is on wheels. I like having the ability to move stuff around easily. when spraying something as big as a cabinet, its great to have the ability to turn it 5 or 10 degrees to get the perfect light reflection as you spray. And also just moving it in and out of the booth. So I added some wheels.
Finished. I will take the handle off when I spray. The tire trays were installed upside down to give a little height and to provide a good area to hold the game. I also placed rubber pads on top of the part that touches the game even though it holds the game under the payfield level. So its not touching the game in an area that would be seen when the game is assembled.
I was able to load the cabinet by myself. Obviously it would be easier with another person to help but very doable alone.
Here you can see the clearance underneath. Also the top of the bottom rail wants to rest against the base of the arm so I have a little padding there. It works out perfect because you can move the cab forwards and backwards and the part against the arm stays fixes so you can level it perfectly.
I decided to take down my old spray booth system and build one like the one I had in my other house. I liked the one I used here but I was having some ventilation issues so I decided to build a new one. It is in the same area as the other one. Having the canopy, helps with garagedoor operation. You can also see that I taped up the vents on top.
One of the "upgrades" I did was to cut 2x4s and place them at the base of the wall. I then pulled the plastic tight and got rid of any areas that the plastic bunched up. This should help seal up the floor to keep the fumes inside until they are vented and also keep any contamination out. I will pull the extra plastic as far towards the center as possible. I will then put a tarp down over it that will cover the entire spray area. The combination of the wood edges and overlap of the plastic and tarp should keep things sealed.
The canopy is 10x10. The plastic I use is 25 feet long. When you start at the corner, you will have a 5 foot overlap on two corners. I seal one up and use the other as my door. I cut the 2x4 along the "door" wall 2 feet short to allow me to pull the inside plastic back a bit so I can then slide to the side out the door. This overlap means that there is never a full open door to the outside of the booth when I enter or exit. When I exit, I putt the inside plastic behind me and attach it to the bottom of the canopy leg creating a full inside wall again and then I tape the outside wall closed. So any mist that comes out when I exit is mainly from drift and it has to go through the five foot slide with me. I think that is better than just opening an area to the outside.
Filters installed sealed and ready to go. There will be an exhaust fan placed on the outside when the garage is raised 2 feet when I spray.
I really hope to spray the playfield tomorrow.