Well, its finally time to start my next restoration. Its been a little while since I finished Fire and I am ready for another one. Moved into a house that we had built a couple of weeks before TPF this year and have been busy with new house stuff for a while and my Dad has been in the Hospital for 3 months and my wife had knee surgery. It was supposed to be a one week recovery but things didn't go as planned and she was non weight bearing for 6 weeks. I also traded some pinball work for some electrical work on my pool. I did a restoration of a Blackout for my electrician and delivered it to him a couple of weeks ago. I am also finishing up a Galaga Hyperspin. So I've have had a pretty full plate but looking forward to this project. I got this pin probably 4 years ago and got it working mechanically and then put in in the "que".
My goal for this project is to have it ready by TPF but that will all depend on my schedule etc. The good news is that I already have all the cabinet artwork done.
For those of you that followed my BTTF and Fire restorations, Welcome back I hope you enjoy this one.
I hope maybe you can use some information to help you out sometime. And if you see something that I can do better or you have done differently and it worked for you, let me know, I am always wanting to learn new techniques.
I also have the new T-Rex, Topper and Gate mod so this thing should be sweet. I also have a few custom ideas.
Here we go.
The cabinet will be a full restore sanded down to bare wood and rebuilt.
Planking and flaking paint.
A little water damage on the backbox.
The playfield is not to bad. At least its not like Fire
A little shooter lane wear
This ramp bracket was fabricated and not correct.
Scoop wear. I have Cliffys but the damage extends outside the bracket so it will have to be fixed and them air brushed. You can also see the fade between the pop bumpers. It should be more of an orange but the half tones are faded. After looking at several machines on the internet it seems that this is pretty common but I will try and fix that. The flash washed it out a bit but the interesting thing is the area that was under the mylar faded more than the unprotected area.
Helicopter insert damaged. Several inserts are sunk a little bit. This was the only one that showed real damage.
More fade. The yellow "lane" extending from Mr Hammond through the T-Rex is supposed to be more orange.
Broken lane guide plastic. Nice tape job.
This one creaked me up. The Amber was missing and they just put a piece of tinted plexi in its place. I have a replacement Amber.
I am guessing that this thing was dropped in the cab a few times. Both rear corner plastics were broken on the corner and the right side actually damaged the wood.
If anyone that makes plastics is reading this thread. For the sake of humanity, please make JP plastics.