(Topic ID: 61746)

Jurassic Park - Repro plastic set - When?

By ChadH

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Endprodukt
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jp_002.jpg
jp_001.jpg
image.jpg

#1 10 years ago

Is there any hope of someone reproducing and selling a Data East Jurassic Park plastic set?

We all know there is big demand for this. There were over 9,000 units of this game made so whoever makes this stands to sell a LOT.

What's the word? Any rumors? Any time frame?

Many JP owners would like to know!

#2 10 years ago

Anyone?

#3 10 years ago

over 9,000

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 10 years ago

I know I'd be interested in a repro set.

Since we could be dealing with licensing issues, would anyone be interested in an alternate plastic set with similar, but different enough artwork? If you look at the plastics, they're mostly just foliage, with very few dinos. They aren't that complex, nor are they all that exciting, honestly.

I might be willing to produce the alternate artwork, if there is interest. Would anyone be willing/able to make them?

All of this would be moot if official plastics are on the way, anyone know for sure? I've seen a few mentions of CPR doing them, but nothing very recent.

Thanks,
Jim

#5 10 years ago

I might be interested in some specific pieces once I get to shopping out my game. Won't be anytime soon though.

#6 10 years ago

It's not on there anymore but one of the artists on CPR was working on them - Barry

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

would anyone be interested in an alternate plastic set with similar, but different enough artwork?

Yes! Especially pieces like the Control Room plastic that is completely missing on mine. This plastic just has artwork of green leaves on a blue background. I would take a simple greenish/blue piece if it anyone made one as simple as that.

#8 10 years ago

They couldn't afford to make the Congo plastics because of an absurd licensing fee. I can imagine what the fee would be for a movie that was actually successful like JP would cost. I'm guessing that may be reason for the delay or outright halting of the art

#9 10 years ago

I would like a set and a new ramp.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from jewboyflowerhead:

They couldn't afford to make the Congo plastics because of an absurd licensing fee. I can imagine what the fee would be for a movie that was actually successful like JP would cost. I'm guessing that may be reason for the delay or outright halting of the art

If expensive JP licensing is an issue, I wonder how Arcadeoverlays.com manages to reproduce and sell JP translites...
http://www.arcadeoverlays.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=17232&c=408109&i=11705622

Off topic, but I bought one of their translites by the way, and they're acceptable, but there are noticeable differences in the sunshine if you compare to an original.

#12 10 years ago

Took some scans of my NOS control room and bunker plastics... someone might find these useful.

jp_001.jpgjp_001.jpg jp_002.jpgjp_002.jpg

#13 10 years ago

double post

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Took some scans of my NOS control room and bunker plastics... someone might find these useful.

Would be easy to vectorize those and run off a batch of laser cut versions. The printing is a different matter though. I think I saw someone using waterslide decals on the bottom, that might work.

I've got my hands full with my Shadow translite project, but I have friends with Jurassic Parks, I feel the pain, if I can help someone put together a stopgap measure for some of these beat plastics while we wait for a repro set lemme know.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

That's awesome! Thank you so much. Any chance of completing the set and scanning all of them? That would be amazing.

#16 10 years ago

I don't own JP (yet at least) so it's not worth my time to speak with my lawyer about this so, let me ask the stupid question here.

What is their on the plastics that could cause a license issue? I could see the owners of the rights of Data East (assuming someone has them) could have an issue with someone making these but I don't see where Jurassic Park could have any weight in the game. I don't see anything on the plastics that are Jurassic Park specific. You can't trademark a leaf can you? This is basically what these plastics are? Seems like the licensing issue would have been around the playfield but from the plastics shown I don't see why that should even be part of it.

#17 10 years ago

Good question bud, thinking about this also,

#18 10 years ago

IIRC the only plastic that says Jurassic Park is the gate over the ramp. I doubt Universal cares about it but who knows. - Barry

2 years later
#19 8 years ago

Okay. I'm trying to get a friend of mine to vectorize the whole set. I contacted stern about the licence. As bflagg says: those plastics have no characters on them or anything. I doubt that the sling Dino is a licensed jp Dino.

Now I'm not a shop owner or anything and I'm not making any promises here. Besides that I can say that the plastics will not be silkscreened but uv printed.

I'll try to keep you guys updated.

Missing two scans of anyone wants to help (both riveted). The one around the trex and the gate.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenville, OH
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Oakhurst, CA
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hickory, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-repro-plastic-set-when and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.