Topic poll

“Would you buy a Jurassic Park playfield reproduction?”

• Yes, definitely. Sign me up. 4 votes
    29%
  • Potentially, yes. 10 votes
    71%

(14 votes)

#1 8 years ago

CPR are now beginning to produce and are gauging further interest for Data East playfields***, something that wasn't previously happening.

This brings the possibility of Jurassic Park playfield reproductions. A title, in my view, that's in dire need of it; being both increasingly popular & enjoying great mod support, having great new code from ChadH and having been very heavily routed. NOS playfields were exhausted years ago, and it's extremely difficult to find games without significant wear.

I asked CPR if it'd be ok to start a thread to gauge potential interest. It's fine with them.

People are often spending nearly $1000 on mods alone for JP, with the new T-Rex, Gate mod(s), scoop lights and assorted toys.

There has to be a market for this.

A modern high quality clearcoat would also add to the speed of the game, which would be of benefit too.

Further, there's the possibility of a run of new plastics, for the first time ever, according to the pinsider (endprodukt) who's working on the PinSound re-orchestration for the game (another great asset to JP). A new PF and plastics would mean more people could enjoy this game in mint condition.

So if you're either interested or definitely want one, vote and ideally please also post in the thread. If you've no interest in JP, then obviously don't vote - hence the lack of "no" option. This is to try to determine how many active users on Pinside ARE interested, not who aren't.

Finally, here's a link to CPR's website where you can see a list of playfields either currently in production or which orders are being taken for.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

*** DE Guns n' Roses and Star Trek have been approved and will enter production, Rocky & Bullwinkle / Tommy / Lethal Weapon 3 may be produced depending on demand. There has to be more potential market for JP than several of those.

#2 8 years ago

My playfield is pretty nice. I dont see myself spending $1000+ for a new playfield after spending all kinds of money on mods, as you mentioned, lol.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

My playfield is pretty nice. I dont see myself spending $1000+ for a new playfield after spending all kinds of money on mods, as you mentioned, lol.

Same thought here. Clear coat on mine is still nice and shiney. No wear spots other than around the TRex saucer and the holes. Not enough for me to worry about it.

Doesn't mean that others can't use a replacement playfield, but the ones I've seen seemed to have held up pretty well.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

They're not $1000+.

Per the link I provided. Data East PFs on their list currently are pre-order $749.99-$799.99 ... $799.99-$849.99 retail. Less for discounted ones with minor flaws. I would imagine JP would be $749.99 pre-order as it's not widebody like Guns n' Roses.

Also, it's practically impossible to to find ones without major wear in Europe now .. and I did say this wasn't meant to be a list of who didn't want or need one, but who did.

#5 8 years ago

Bah. This is pinside, you can't tell people what not to say.

#6 8 years ago

Mine is actually pretty nice. While I'd love to have a spare, there's no way I could justify even the minumum price of 750$ for a new pf for it.

#7 8 years ago

Mine is nice as well but if it wasn't I would sure be in on one

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

They're not $1000+.
Per the link I provided. Data East PFs on their list currently are pre-order $749.99-$799.99 ... $799.99-$849.99 retail. Less for discounted ones with minor flaws. I would imagine JP would be $749.99 pre-order as it's not widebody like Guns n' Roses.
Also, it's practically impossible to to find ones without major wear in Europe now .. and I did say this wasn't meant to be a list of who didn't want or need one, but who did.

$1000+ including shipping and my time spent on doing the swap (or paying some one with my rediculous work schedule). Not a bad idea, I just dont see many JP playfields that are so blown out they need a new one like I see WW, WH20, T2, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-repro-pf-interested-list and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.