IMG_0362 (resized).jpg
IMG_7767 (resized).jpg
IMG_0197 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).jpg
IMG_0182 (resized).jpg
IMG_0183 (resized).jpg
IMG_0202 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Figured I would make a post in here instead of cluttering up the JP thread anymore with my updates on these mods.

First some background. I picked up my first pin (a home use Jurassic Park) back in February of this year. I've been designing and 3D printing stuff for about 2 years and had recently picked up an Ender 3 to gain some more print volume. My first mod was a replacement for the gate. I know that Tim's mods had been producing these for awhile but it looks like his stuff is discontinued now. So I came up with my own design that tied into the existing wiring.

After that I started looking at other opportunities in the game that hadn't been done yet. I noticed that there was some room above the launcher coil that currently had an image of what appeared to be the barrel of a stun gun. This looked like a good spot to add in something interesting. I modeled the gun after the picture and came up with a 3D representation of it.

After a couple of iterations getting the height of the unit right I ended up with the final grey design.

I also printed a black version on request from some posters in the JP thread. It ties into the apron better than the grey. The hexagons on top are a waterslide decal.

The LED lighting hooks into a GI bulb nearby using a pair of alligator clips.

I'm also going to test a clear lens with an amber strip since I picked up a couple LED strips from comet.

I have about 5 of the yellow/black combo ready to go for $40USD + shipping.

I'm working on getting my pinside store up, but I'm running into some technical difficulties right now.
IMG_0182 (resized).jpgIMG_0182 (resized).jpgIMG_0183 (resized).jpgIMG_0183 (resized).jpgIMG_0202 (resized).jpgIMG_0202 (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

The T-Rex shoot when lit box that houses a flasher and the T-Rex spot light looked out of place to me.

In the movie, during the T-Rex break out scene, Gennaro runs by a T-Rex stand up sign that looked like it would make a really nice replacement.

I looked at some stills from the movie and after a couple of prototypes and input from other members on here came up with the final design. The design reuses the spot light assembly which is screwed into the original metal box. I picked up some replacement flasher sockets since the original one is riveted in place and I wanted to make the mod easily reversible.

The T-Rex logo illuminates when it's time to make the T-Rex shot.

I'll have 5 of these ready to go this week, $65USD + shipping, comes with the flasher socket. $60 without the socket (re-use your existing one).

IMG_0198 (resized).jpgIMG_0198 (resized).jpgIMG_0197 (resized).jpgIMG_0197 (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

All mods on order! Can't wait!

#4 4 years ago

My pinside store is now live with my first small batch run of both items.

#5 4 years ago

Any clear pics of the difference between the clear tube and Amber light and the yellow one? (I know that can be hard to capture in photos)

Maybe a couple pics without the lights on too.

#6 4 years ago

Good call, I'll take a couple pics of that color combo tonight.

#7 4 years ago

Alrighty I updated my store to show the two different colour combos. The amber matches nicely with the mosquito amber.

I'm also down to my last T-Rex stand already. I'm going to order some more sockets tonight.

IMG_0362 (resized).jpgIMG_0362 (resized).jpgIMG_2103 (resized).jpgIMG_2103 (resized).jpgIMG_7767 (resized).jpgIMG_7767 (resized).jpgIMG_6080 (resized).jpgIMG_6080 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#8 4 years ago

Added a new addition to my store, the electric fence!

It bolts into the space right beside the T. rex box. The top lights flash with the T. rex shot when lit light. The bottom two lights are hooked up to the electric fence mode light.

Easy plug and play using existing flat connectors on the T. rex box and alligator clips for the twist socket electric fence mode light.

CB7E05FC-7838-4118-9F16-AB73C3AFDE0B (resized).jpegCB7E05FC-7838-4118-9F16-AB73C3AFDE0B (resized).jpeg1CA6DC19-3E8C-4717-B867-16A11964E8A5 (resized).jpeg1CA6DC19-3E8C-4717-B867-16A11964E8A5 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9 4 years ago

Restocked my store with both yellow and clear launchers and T-Rex boxes now using a 12V SMD Strip for the flasher.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-replacement-t-rex-box-glowing-launcher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.