(Topic ID: 245840)

Jurassic Park Rebuild Issues

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

A few issues have crept up since I replaced the playfield. Any help? I tried to look up some schematics in the manual but it is really hard to read, physically.

1. Violet/White Violet GI string is out. It was on and went out at some point, I think when I was pushing the playfield back in. I can't see any loose wires. Is there a fuse just for this string? I tried finding the wires on one of the boards but I don't see them.

2. T-rex acting up. I used to have no problems before I swapped playfields. When I put it back together I noticed left/right was struggling. I rebuilt the gearbox and noticed it has some wear/dead spots. It seems like I just have to bite the bullet and get a new gearbox and motor. On top of that, neither the trigger nor start button (in the t-rex test) are working. All of the switches (on the t-rex) are triggering properly. Additionally, the left/right motor test was only going left with either button. I reflowed the solder on the relay board extensively, all that did was prevent the motor from going one way (I have it out of the gearbox, not sure which way). So now only one flipper button works to move the rex. Should I just replace the relay?

3. Has anyone done anything with this modification to the t-rex power? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-t-rex-not-moving-leftright#post-1104004

4 months later
#3 4 years ago

Thanks man, appreciate the detail. I will have to go back and look. I am pretty sure I checked the solder joints and reflowed them a few times but it's been a few months now and I'll check again. I don't really know how to test the relay or what continuity I should have, which is part of the issue in diagnosing this. I can obviously make sure the pins on the board hit their target from the traces but not sure which legs on the relay should connect to the others, etc.

I'll get back on this and see if I can determine anything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-rebuild-issues?tu=harryhoudini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.