Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by WildRover
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

387387C0-620B-4E06-96A4-AC50A966F8B9 (resized).jpeg
    541EEBE1-EDBF-4DFA-AD3A-80E384F824C9 (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

I couldn’t find this topic already posted in the large amount of results
    My Jurassic Park pro ramp keeps rejecting the ball. It gets to the top and rolls back down. The game is perfectly level. My only guesses are that the ramp itself may not be level, the ball could be hitting the park plastic guard at the base of the ramp, the ramp is too steep??? I dunno. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

#2 2 years ago

When you say your game is level, where do you mean? How did you measure? What is level?

#3 2 years ago

Yeah. The built in level is right. Then I put one on the playfield, between the flippers, and in the middle at the top. I don’t have one that shows the pitch degree.

#4 2 years ago

If you have a smartphone, download a pinball leveling app. I have one on my Android called Pinball Leveller. (that's not a typo)
    It can measure the angle, most modern pins are 6.5 degrees vertical.

#5 2 years ago

Which ramp? Right or left? Also a video might be helpful.

#6 2 years ago

If it’s the “half pipe” ramps, consider getting Cliffy’s carbon fiber ramp flaps to replace the factory ones. The screws in the factory ones tend to cause ball rejects. Cliffy’s are adhesive…those particular ramps are tons better now for me since I installed the Cliffy flaps.

#7 2 years ago

Okay. So, last night I took a slomo video and uploaded it to YouTube. It looks like the ball is hitting the base of the ramp and even hit the trex mouth at times. Here’s the YouTube link. The 2nd shot is at 0:33sec. I’ll check out the app too!

#8 2 years ago

I agree try adjusting the level first. The bubble level is not what you want to use, just ignore that. Download pinball leveler app. Put on 7 degrees. Take off the glass and any case on your phone. Measure it on the play field, near the flippers, and also near the ramps. You may need to bring up you back legs more. Good luck!

#9 2 years ago

I got the app, PinGuy, calibrated it, and although it may have helped a little, I’m still having the same problem. I’m starting to think it could be the flap at the base of the main, trex, ramp. Rarehero mentioned a cliffy carbon fiber ramps flap??

387387C0-620B-4E06-96A4-AC50A966F8B9 (resized).jpeg387387C0-620B-4E06-96A4-AC50A966F8B9 (resized).jpeg541EEBE1-EDBF-4DFA-AD3A-80E384F824C9 (resized).jpeg541EEBE1-EDBF-4DFA-AD3A-80E384F824C9 (resized).jpeg
    #10 2 years ago

The Cliffy flaps are for the half pipe ramps, not the T-Rex. In the video it looks like your ball is hitting a plastic cover at the top of the ramp under the T-Rex. Maybe that’s too low or warped/bent downwards?

Try loosening the screws going into the wood near the ramp flap a bit. Sometimes I’d those screws are too tight on a game, it can warp the flap a little bit…you want to make sure that flap doesn’t have tension on it from being screwed down too tightly.

#11 2 years ago

It looks like you are getting air balls from the spring steel… is the spring steel bent in anyway or compromised to be not quite so firm? As in the speed of the ball is creating a bit of spring effect downwards? Hmmm.

#12 2 years ago

Thanks for everyone’s input. I just loosened those 3 screws Rarehero mentioned. I have definitely tightened all those snug in the past.
    Holminone, there’s not anything drastically damaged on the spring steel. If I can notice anything else it could be the front left. I can fit my fingernail under that area. That’s the only place. I took several videos and did notice the ball jumping to hit the jaw of the trex in a few of them.

#13 2 years ago

If it were me… I would pull the ramp off and straighten the spring steel without bending too much so that when you place it down it’s flush and square. Also may need to get a couple more videos from closer range to be sure it actually is the spring steel. If I wasn’t on a plane I’d take a closer look at mine.

The behavior is super weird. My shot there is smooth as can be.

#14 2 years ago

based upon a few answers above, try taking off the "clear protector" on top of the entrance. See how it shoots, as mentioned, the ball could be hitting that. This happened on GB ALL THE TIME with the air ball protector. Then also check the tightness of the ramp flap, screws. It should be snug but not ultra tight.

Wonder if it is a mix of both ^

#15 2 years ago

Again..,thanks for everyone’s input. I did take off the plastic protector and no difference. Unfortunately, I think it IS the metal flap. Which is probably the worst case. Sometimes if I hit the shot towards the left side of the flap, it will even launch off into the back left of the cabinet. This flap is riveted into the plastic. So, I can’t take it off without disassembling the whole ramp. I thought about heating it with my heat gun to try and flatten out the left. But, I feel like that’s a bad idea. This is my first and only PIN, and I’m not confident in my ability to take apart the entire ramp without a step by step video. My game was built in Feb 2020. If I contacted Stern, would they help me?

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from KOspectate:

Again..,thanks for everyone’s input. I did take off the plastic protector and no difference. Unfortunately, I think it IS the metal flap. Which is probably the worst case. Sometimes if I hit the shot towards the left side of the flap, it will even launch off into the back left of the cabinet. This flap is riveted into the plastic. So, I can’t take it off without disassembling the whole ramp. I thought about heating it with my heat gun to try and flatten out the left. But, I feel like that’s a bad idea. This is my first and only PIN, and I’m not confident in my ability to take apart the entire ramp without a step by step video. My game was built in Feb 2020. If I contacted Stern, would they help me?

Stern is really good about helping out with parts. I’m sure if you explain everything, they’ll send you a new ramp.

1 week later
    #17 2 years ago

Gents,

I have a similar issue where sometimes the ball gets stuck in the ramp. I've always thought the ramp entrance, top, plastic guard is too snug. Can this be lifted with thin washers, or should I loosen the screws a bit? I don't mean to hijack this post .

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gee_Bananas:

I've always thought the ramp entrance, top, plastic guard is too snug. Can this be lifted with thin washers, or should I loosen the screws a bit?

Yes; you can use washers. Stern gives you plenty of slack on the screw to make adjustments.

#19 2 years ago

Looks like you’re getting a lot of hop off the flap at the ramp entrance. Have you tried taking the spacers off of the plastic guard/roof at the entrance and then putting the guard back on?

I think that guard is there to prevent ball hop off the flap, but for some reason it’s happening anyway on yours. Removing the spacers would lower that guard and maybe could keep the ball from being able to get so much air. Just an idea to try.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from Shogun00:

Yes; you can use washers. Stern gives you plenty of slack on the screw to make adjustments.

Thanks! I also slightly warped the plastic guard to allow more clearance for the ball. The balls don't get stuck anymore, but now I have to test to ensure I don't get air balls.

11 months later
    #21 1 year ago
    Quoted from KOspectate:

Okay. So, last night I took a slomo video and uploaded it to YouTube. It looks like the ball is hitting the base of the ramp and even hit the trex mouth at times. Here’s the YouTube link. The 2nd shot is at 0:33sec. I’ll check out the app too!

Hey did you ever get this resolved? Mine does the exact same thing....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-ramp-rejection- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.