• Latest reply 4 years ago by touchtone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LE-playfield (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

I recently played JP Pro and caught the bug putting a deposit down on a Premium very quickly. I am usually ALWAYS a premium guy... I like the extra bells and whistles. Looking closer at the Premium I’m starting to ask myself if the Pro FLOW will be a much better game? Do I need the ball trapped / stopped in the cage / TRex mouth? It seems for the most part these are the only real differences ... am I wrong?

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

I recently played JP Pro and caught the bug putting a deposit down on a Premium very quickly. I am usually ALWAYS a premium guy... I like the extra bells and whistles. Looking closer at the Premium I’m starting to ask myself if the Pro FLOW will be a much better game? Do I need the ball trapped / stopped in the cage / TRex mouth? It seems for the most part these are the only real differences ... am I wrong?

I think the raptor pit becoming a bash toy alone is a cool feature. Im sure you can adjust the ball stoppages on the trex. I think PREM is a good choice my man. Stick with it. You can always downgrade...but you wont.

#3 4 years ago

I love flow. But sometimes the gimmick is cool enough to overcome a slight loss of flow.

In this case, the T-Rex will only grab the ball for certain modes, so not every time. The raptor pit becomes a way more interesting device, and as the pro catches the ball in the C lane, I am not sure the flow is any more or less between them. I wouldn't let "less flow" be the determining factor on this one as it seems to be very minimal.

#4 4 years ago

This is a game where the Pro and Premium are insanely similar in layout. It's not like the Pro is missing a ramp, upper PF, or upper flipper(s). Flow will be almost identical. A few toys won't change the overall flow.

#5 4 years ago

Yes, the TREX seems to be a "flow-detractor" in the sense that it stops the ball, delays play, etc but it is arguably the most dynamic and interesting and unique mech Stern has done in the last 5-8 years and in the sense of the theme, I think is a non-negotiable!

It has 8 way movement
It can catch and release in a static position
It can catch and move and drop on an adjacent wireform
It can catch and fling the ball wildly on the playfield

Pretty awesome stuff!!

#6 4 years ago

The game doesn't seem very flow to begin with

#7 4 years ago

Keith Elwin on the Stern podcast stated that the premium / LE plays faster.

Mostly because the motorized up/down target guarding the raptor pen is going to add some speed to the game when it is in the up position.

The moving T-REX is definitely going to be a lot of fun. There are options in the settings to turn it on/off and levels to control how much throws the ball around.

I suspect the premium will definitely be a better version of the game, but the pro is no slouch either so you would be having a ton of fun either way you go.

The only bad thing about the Premium/LE right now is waiting!! Looking forward to the hinted code drop today see what additions have been added to the rules!

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Really, you don't think it looks like it has much flow? Seems like the combo possibilities are pretty amazing.

If you can hit these shots, you can do this combo and variations of it all day long.

I realize you have been doing this awhile, and have an impressive collection @ 48 pins so I am genuinely interested in your opinion.
LE-playfield (resized).pngLE-playfield (resized).png

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I thought it had great flow. String a few shots together and you'll see exactly what I mean. Have you played a few games on it yet?

#10 4 years ago

I think there's a difference between being able combo some shots and a game having flow. Batman 66 and Metallica have some combos, but I wouldn't call either flow games. WOZ is pretty clearly not a flow game. Star Wars is a flow game, imo. I haven't had enough time on JP to form an opinion on it.

1 month later
#11 4 years ago

Well, so far I found Walking Dead pro better than prem, same with Game of thrones. When playing Iron Maiden pro and prem at first, I thought it was the same, liked the flow of the pro more. Than at a Location in Munich I had a +500Mio game on an Iron Maiden pro, and after that I was totally exhausted, the permanent action with 4 flippers was too much 4 me, puh.... . After that game and playing the prem at a Friends Location, I definetely like the prem much more than the pro. So, here I can`t say anything, unless I will have played both JP2s a lot … .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-pro-vs-premium-flow-?hl=misterschu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.