• Latest reply 2 years ago by Bb_the_man
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3B9FB85D-2676-461B-8EBC-C8BC7E4436AC (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

I’m seriously considering buying the JP Premium NIB. I have GOTG and really enjoy it. JP looks like a very different game to me, but curious if others agree. Also, is JP as good as the reviews seem to imply?? The reviews are really amazing from what I’ve seen. Would like to know what others think before dropping $8k on their game. Thanks in advance…

#2 2 years ago

So you have to play it for yourself. I wasn't impressed by JP, but I've only played it a handful of times. But, it certainly gets a ton of love... so you have a high chance of liking it, too.

#3 2 years ago

Yes it is very different than GOTG

I sold my JP pro and regret it

#4 2 years ago

Jp premium. I am struggling to decide on gotg pro or iron maiden pro. Have never played IM but i own jp prem and aiq le and love em
Both

#5 2 years ago

JP Premium and it’s not even close. Fantastic pin and T-Rex will make you feel like your in Jurassic Park and running for your life. I own AIQ Premium, BKSOR Premium, and Iron Maiden Pro and JP is my favorite of the bunch. Elwin has cranked out three fantastic pins.

#6 2 years ago

Own JP. It's a very good game. My issue with it is the fans of it I've spoken to IRL can be a little culty. They give off pushy IPhone user vibes and sometimes I feel like I'm about to get stabbed for hinting it's not the greatest game of all time.

#7 2 years ago

It is a great game, but only after you get your shots dialed in. It took me about 100 plays to finally start to enjoy the game. I almost put my JPLE on the chopping block until I really gave it a chance to learn the rules and the shots. The layout is just a little geometrically different than the average fan layout and requires new muscle memory skills.

#8 2 years ago

Interesting thread.. ive been contemplating trading or selling my tastefully modded pro GOTG toward a JP prem or Mando Prem. Really can't decide. Too early to know about Mando, and enjoyed the JP pro I played. Kicked around DP but felt like I did everything already.. GOTG, although I enjoy it (Cleland), just doesn't get played much compared to our other games..

#9 2 years ago

For me, GOTG wins by far. We have both games.

Just because a game is in the Pinside top 10 does not mean that game is for you. Only you can decide what is best for you and your family and that is why you should play both and decide for yourself.

#10 2 years ago

I have just two machines in my collection - JP Prem and a GOTG Pro. I enjoy both of them because they are very different . I’m not a great player yet. so I enjoy the simplicity of guardians.
I think that this is one of those times where you have to focus on “and” not “or” .

If I was to get rid of one , for space reasons it would probably be guardians because I think
You can find other pins that are equally fun.

#11 2 years ago

I came for a poll.

#12 2 years ago

Play both games. Only way you’ll determine if a game is for you is some hands on gameplay. I think the pro models on both JP and GOTG are great games. Save the money and buy a pro.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Play both games. Only way you’ll determine if a game is for you is some hands on gameplay. I think the pro models on both JP and GOTG are great games. Save the money and buy a pro.

Man.... no. JP is one of those games where I feel you HAVE to get the premium. But these are all just opinions of course.

#14 2 years ago

Have a JP Prem and a GOTG Pro. For me, it's JP for the win, hands down. But to echo what others have said, the two are very different games, and you should really try out JP before you buy.

It's what I'd call a sniper's game. If you can't hit the tight shots, I can see how it would be frustrating. To me, that's what just makes me want to hit the Start button again for another game, over and over. To give you an idea, most times when I go down to my basement, I'll turn on one pin and play a game or two. When I step up to JP, I find myself always playing at least 5 games or more. So addicting....

Later,
EV

#15 2 years ago

Thanks all — good feedback. To clarify, I’m not getting rid of my GOTG (LOVE the Cleland mod). It was my first pin purchase and still really enjoy playing it. Plus, my wife has the high score. No way I can trade it until I’m back on top . It was helpful to hear that the games play very differently .. if i am going to have 2, I don’t want them to feel the similar at all. I think I was getting tempted by JP by the crazy high ranking it is getting. It made me wonder if I should grab one to avoid regret that I passed it up later.

#16 2 years ago

JP premium is amazing. I hated the pro and was sad about hating for weeks. I love the movies. My distributor talked me into buying a premium that just arrived.

Absolutely love the premium. It's my wife's favorite pin. The only other pin I enjoy more is AIQ.

Also came for a poll lol

#17 2 years ago

You seem to care about ratings so I’ll say this about JP - nearly 1000 reviews folks are probably in general alignment and it’s not some newb title anymore. Certainly play it first, judge for yourself, but you likely won’t be disappointed.

#18 2 years ago

I'd go jp. Shots are so we'll thought out, very different games vs most pins.

#19 2 years ago

The T Rex is really neat on the premium. I like the game too. The only thing I don’t really get or like is the balls in the middle of they play field. I think there’s a lot of fun shots in the game. I’ve played a lot on location. I’d buy JP premium if I had the money and th SO liked it, but she’s not a fan of it.

#21 2 years ago

JP Prem all the way..........

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Man.... no. JP is one of those games where I feel you HAVE to get the premium. But these are all just opinions of course.

Flesh that out for me a bit.

#23 2 years ago

I'm going to be a dissenting voice and say that I enjoy GOTG more, but then, I'm also the guy who's never played a ball on Metallica, so you kind of have to use that as a factor in seeing why I appreciate GOTG as much as I do, probably.

JP just...just doesn't do it for me, unfortunately. Now, keep in mind that I'm basically an only-played-the-Pro-version-of-JP person, but I honestly just do not see the Premium as being all that much/great of a step up from the Pro, and I would definitely put JP in the #3 spot of the three Elwin machines that have come out so far. It certainly pleases me and draws me in the least of the three he's made.

#24 2 years ago

JP has more "stuff" at the end of the game.

GOTG has more "stuff at the beginning of the game.

If you are good to great go JP. If you are okay or worse, go GOTG.

#25 2 years ago

I own both. JP is easily twice the game. I’m not that good and i thoroughly enjoy JP. It will piss me off at times when i’m not hitting shots but nothing like GoTG pisses me off with the left outlane.

Theme for me is great on both. Integration on JP is odd but still interesting. It’s more of a side plot as opposed to following the movie. The movie code hack brings it over the top for me. JP is probably my #1 grail theme. I own an LE. The premium/Le is so much better to me. You have to have the t-rex, but the raptor pin is a big deal too.

GOtG is a good pin, and i love the theme. The cleland brings it up a notch but i’m not sure it will stay in my collection long term.

#26 2 years ago

I had the opportunity to play these two machines side by side yesterday. I have played GOTG many times and it’s one of my favorites. Yesterday was my first time playing a JP, ever. I have to say….JP all the way.

3B9FB85D-2676-461B-8EBC-C8BC7E4436AC (resized).jpeg3B9FB85D-2676-461B-8EBC-C8BC7E4436AC (resized).jpeg
#27 2 years ago

Don’t buy nib.

#28 2 years ago

Why is this? Honestly, I’m terrified of buying used. I haven’t learned how to service the machines myself (yet) so I’m so worried about getting ripped off with a lemon.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

With nib your not getting much of a warranty to begin with. You can’t see the potential playfield problems with nib until it’s too late. Trust me. I have a nib Jurassic Park Premium that has issues. Find someone in your area that you can become friends with that will help you find the right lightly used game.

#31 2 years ago

I have bought both used and NIB, and each situation dictates the way to go assuming the pin is a current production model in distribution. My AFMr LE with pre-owned (single owner), because I was late to the game and I could not find a NIB option. Great seller, perfect machine, and would not have changed a thing. With my latest JP Prem, I was first looking and pre-owned thinking I could save a little, but after calling several distributors it was actually about the same price (even less than many of the JP's within driving distance) to get NIB.

Benefits of NIB to me:
1) Warranty
2) Backed by distributor if any issues occur (I had a few small issues with my JP that my distributor addressed for me immediately)
3) You're guaranteed to get everything that should come with the pin
3) Delivered to your front door
4) Don't have to deal with travel, cash transaction, truck, load/unload, security concerns, etc.
5) Call (don't email or look at website) for a quote. Most distributors are not permitted to advertise their actual prices so you may save a little, maybe get free shipping, and possibly no sales tax if distributor is out of state.

Benefits of Pre-owned to me:
1) Get the pin now instead of having to wait for availability and/or shipping times
2) You control the freight process, so you can be careful as possible during transport
3) Pin is most likely in full working order as the original owner would have taken care of any issues
4) Pin might have accessories/mods installed that would normally cost extra if purchased NIB
5) Might get a slightly better price, but often on new releases this is a wash or used may even cost more
6) Pay cash and might be able to negotiate on price a little

#32 2 years ago

Thanks -- worth considering. I've had really good luck with my local dealer. I bought GoTG NIB .. there were a couple issues. They sent someone right out and it was fixed within a day. 9 months later, one of the flippers lost power and couldn't hit hard enough to complete ramps. They sent someone out and rebuilt it for no charge. Maybe I've just found a reliable dealer, but my NIB experience was very good. This dealer has been in business in the Atlanta area since the 60's so they have staying power ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-premium-vs-guardians-of-the-galaxy?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.