IMG_3602 (resized).jpg
IMG_3615 (resized).jpg
IMG_3598 (resized).jpg
IMG_3605 (resized).jpg
IMG_3607 (resized).jpg
IMG_3606 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3541 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tiltedarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 3 years ago

Let me first off by saying that you are not alone and that I feel your pain. This is my first post on Pinside as I normally just read through forums but don’t ever chime in. I received my Jpp on 7/14/2020 and finally after replacing several boards and the T-Rex I feel like I finally got it working 100% yesterday 9/8/2020... knock on wood. I won’t go into a ton of detail unless requested but just know that you are not alone. One thing I would check is that when the T.Rex is thrashing that his jaw isn’t hitting the left ramp. I noticed that sometimes my rex’s jaw would hang a little low ... just enough to hit the ramp and mess with his center position. I had to adjust the lower plate behind the rex in order to raise him enough to clear the ramp. My old Rex wouldn’t keep the ball in his mouth.... I suspect the magnet went bad. I spent nearly 8 k on a new in box pinball machine which gave me problems pretty much since day 1. I don’t mind working on pins as a hobby but to spend that kind of money on a brand new machine I expected perfection. Maybe that’s not the reality with pinball machines but again I expected perfection for that kind of money. Thank god for their tech support (Pablo) and the six month warranty or I would have been SOL. Now that its finally up to snuff I am enjoying it. The highlight for me is the six ball chaos mode... yesterday I was killing it... smacking all the balls through just about every way they could go... ramps , orbits , control room.. everything...it was awesome and I swear it lasted like 10 minutes... I was wore out but felt so satisfied blowing up the machine like that and having everything go crazy. Anyway I don’t want to ramble on to much but just wanted to let you know that your not alone with these issues. Thanks for reading

#55 3 years ago

I think it’s great that you started the topic as I’m sure it will help many people. I’ll try to contribute to it by adding some more of my findings. Lamp board 9a can affect the movement of the T.Rex. I was having an issue where the leds On 9a would come on and off and or flicker. Whenever they would go out the T.Rex would not move vertically ... that’s because the node 9 board runs to the 9a lamp board and then to the vertical board that leads to the T.Rex. Once I replaced all of these board (just to be on the safe side) the Rex moved in every direction like it should. I’m not sure why that lamp board had issues right out of the box but I did notice that node board 9 had wires connected to the cn2 connection instead of the cn3 like it says it should be in service manual. I don’t know if it makes a difference but I connected it to the cn3 since that’s how they have it listed in the book. I also had an issue with the pinball never making it down the plunger lane straight enough to carry enough velocity to reach the wire form. People have already covered this... here’s a link

Don’t over tighten the screws that mount the T.Rex as they are small and will break. If I think of anything else that’s useful I’ll post it here. Thanks for starting this topic as I don’t believe this was here when I first got my Jpp and it’s definitely needed.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#58 3 years ago

Excellent, glad to hear that your JP is now working properly. I actually didn’t remove the vertical motor when I installed my new T.Rex.... I left it intact and instead removed the screw that holds the top of the plastic shaft. Once the new Rex was mounted I simply reconnected the plastic shaft. The outside screw is a # 10 and the inside one I think is a # 6. (I used an adjustable wrench as getting a socket on it was a pain). It’s all good either way but thought I would document this as it may be a little easier for the next person.

#59 3 years ago

I’m so glad you mentioned about the tongue because I knew something was different with the new T.Rex but I couldn’t quite figure out what it was. It’s just a sticker and I was able to remove it from the old rex with a hairdryer and stick it on the new one. Thanks for the heads up on that... glad I read your post before I sent the old one back.

1A63FB69-5FF0-4A08-BA9A-5D62C7D8304C (resized).jpeg1A63FB69-5FF0-4A08-BA9A-5D62C7D8304C (resized).jpeg5501F784-42C4-4A90-9598-B1A5A0D1FD49 (resized).jpeg5501F784-42C4-4A90-9598-B1A5A0D1FD49 (resized).jpeg5641367A-2636-4E87-BEC4-2B737DD21AD9 (resized).jpeg5641367A-2636-4E87-BEC4-2B737DD21AD9 (resized).jpeg
#61 3 years ago

It’s pink... lighter in the front and darker in the back. See above for picture

#72 3 years ago

So glad you got your Jpp up to snuff

#74 3 years ago

Use and abuse the crap out of it while it’s under warranty seriously . On a side note I went to a pinball tournament today and guess what... I met the guy who’s video I posted above. His name is Craig as well and his channel is hurry up pinball. Such a small world but glad I can be a part of it. Rock on everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tiltedarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-premium-sleepy-t-rex?tu=tiltedarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.