Topic poll

“Jurassic Park Premium or TMNT Premium”

• Jurassic Park Premium 66 votes
    75%
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Premium 22 votes
    25%

(88 votes)

#1 3 years ago

I am in the market for a NIB machine and was planning on getting a Jurassic Park Premium. The recent release of TMNT has blurred my decision because it looks good as well. I am not a big fan of either theme per say but neither bother me (I couldn’t buy Iron Maiden even if it is the best game ever built - I can’t get over that theme). I didn’t want to like JP, but I flipped it over the past year and I love it. I just flipped a TMNT Pro today and it was beautiful and blast on first play. I currently own TSPP, AFMrLE, DeadpoolLE, GOTG premium and have a Rick and Morty on order (likely not arriving until next summer)

Any thoughts?

#2 3 years ago

Buy JP premium, sell TSPP and buy Turtles Pro

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Sound logic

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

I am in the market for a NIB machine and was planning on getting a Jurassic Park Premium. The recent release of TMNT has blurred my decision because it looks good as well. I am not a big fan of either theme per say but neither bother me (I couldn’t buy Iron Maiden even if it is the best game ever built - I can’t get over that theme). I didn’t want to like JP, but I flipped it over the past year and I love it. I just flipped a TMNT Pro today and it was beautiful and blast on first play. I currently own TSPP, AFMrLE, DeadpoolLE, GOTG premium and have a Rick and Morty on order (likely not arriving until next summer)
Any thoughts?

Iron Maiden is better as a band and pin than the TV show and pin Rick Morty. On a Side note only played Jurassic Park a few times and need more time on it and looking forward to Turtles. The Maiden theme works well for the call outs and graphics in the LCD screen besides the music if you don’t like, it’s fast and fun and tons of shots but to me missing the toys which appear to be more in maybe JP and turtles. I am not a big fan of The Big Lebowski movie but the pin is fun once it gets done.

#5 3 years ago

You’ve played both so are in a better position to decide than probably 90% of the people that will weigh-in with their opinion. From what you’ve shared, you can’t go wrong. I haven’t played TMNT but from videos it seems like an easier, more conventional shooter than JP2. If you want to curse frequently with an occasional, rewarding high then buy JP2. Otherwise TMNT.

#6 3 years ago

I would go jp. It's early for turtles, and I only played the pro, but the shots are very easy. Jp is still getting more code after a year and is a deep game with some difficulty. Shots are not easy and its layout is very different from most pins. I think you should consider Batman 66 and Deadpool too.

#7 3 years ago

I own JP2 and have played TMNT several times. I think you should buy JP2 and see what happens with TMNT, there seems to be some mechanical issues that may get fixed in future builds. You know JP2 is polished and is challenging enough not to get boring in a home collection. FYI I plan to buy TMNT so nothing wrong with that game but it seems way easier to shoot and the modes currently don’t feel nearly as satisfying as collecting a fossil or catching a tough Dino.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I think you should consider Batman 66 and Deadpool too.

Dude says in the original post that he owns Deadpool LE. I am with TKDalumni though unless you are just super into your TSPP or just really prefer having premiums and LEs.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Dude says in the original post that he owns Deadpool LE. I am with TKDalumni though unless you are just super into your TSPP or just really prefer having premiums and LEs.

Why sell TSPP, a unique, all time great, for a TBD, likely middle-of-the-pack Turtles unless you've thoroughly enjoyed Simpsons and are ready to move on.

#10 3 years ago

I played both today back to back. It’s amazing how dark the playfield is compared to the well lit colorful TMNT. I know that it’s early and time will tell with TMNT but based off of theme, artwork, and a MUCH better light show I vote Turtles.

#11 3 years ago

Subjectively turtles is a bit juvenile at best as a theme... I'm still getting a pro btw that said i prefer to look at that game than Johnny crap and dinosaurs. Objectively JP is better all round... for now.

#12 3 years ago

Premium JP and tmnt pro would be the winner. Sell what you need to get those two.

#13 3 years ago

TMNT and JP seem to be very different games. I haven't played TMNT but it seems the progression seems less clear than something with linear progression like JP. The shots on TMNT seem to be a bit easier, but again I haven't played. The common complaint with JP is you can't just flail balls around to progress. JP is much more a shooter even in multiball. Personally that makes me enjoy JP and I feel like it's making me a better player.

With that said I can't wait to play TMNT and I think it would be a nice compliment to JP.

#14 3 years ago

I have JP & TMNT LEs.
JP is the superior game.

TMNT has a very interesting layout with a ton of shots but the theme doesn't land for me at all and the rules/scoring aren't great so far.

Turtles will be around for awhile if it is selling as well as it appears. Let it age and see how the code develops.

If you are getting a game today, JP is the way to go. It truly is a game that checks all the boxes.

#16 3 years ago

Thank you all for your insights!!
I love hearing your thoughts. I didn’t mean to offend anyone about Iron Maiden, it’s not my cup of tea.

Good thoughts on selling Simpson’s, but it was my first NIB more than 10 years ago. It is the only one my 14yo daughter likes to play.

I have asked my distributor to find me a Jurassic Park Premium.

I think it is a good discussion and value any other thoughts people may have. It does seem like I can’t go wrong.

Very excited.

#17 3 years ago

Good choice I would go with JP TMNT code is still early plays pretty easy I would wait for the code to get a bit deeper.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I have JP & TMNT LEs.
JP is the superior game.
TMNT has a very interesting layout with a ton of shots but the theme doesn't land for me at all and the rules/scoring aren't great so far.
Turtles will be around for awhile if it is selling as well as it appears. Let it age and see how the code develops.
If you are getting a game today, JP is the way to go. It truly is a game that checks all the boxes.

I own both as well. JPLe and TMNTle. Both are great pins. But TMNT is better IMHO. Something about it just keeps bring you back.

1 month later
#19 3 years ago

I'm right there with you in the question. I love both the themes (growing up with TMNT and JP). I have a dark game already (LOTR) and my kids get frightened so was concerned about the Raptors as well. That said, the TMNT game might not have legs.

Question -- does anyone know how much longer Stern will be manufacturing the Jurassic Park Premium game? They have released a few other games between JP and TMNT --- do they stop production on a fixed schedule or does it depend on the demand for the game?

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from schatztastic:

do they stop production on a fixed schedule or does it depend on the demand for the game?

Yes

#21 3 years ago

lol ... let me try again. Does anyone know how long JP will continue to be produced by Stern?

#22 3 years ago

Played both the other day (Pro models only)
Both shoot great!
It’s just a shame that neither theme floats my boat, If I could scrape the theme off of JP and make it Goonies or Big Trouble in Little China id buy it tomorrow.
Art is way better on Turtles, no question.... Well done ZY!
Something with JP just clicked with me the other day, it flows so well and has so many feel good shots and combos.
I was enjoying Turtles a lot but JP kept pulling me back.
JP would be my choice but having said that both feel great to shoot, fast and fluid.
Two great efforts from stern, can’t go wrong with either in my opinion.
For me, I’m waiting to see what Elwin's next game is, he’s Two for Two and hopefully it’s just a matter of time until he lands on a theme that grabs me and my money £€$

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Nailed it.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I own both as well. JPLe and TMNTle. Both are great pins. But TMNT is better IMHO. Something about it just keeps bring you back.

I would of taken this advice with most people only playing a pro. My brother has JP prem and I have tmnt le. Both are awesome. I’ve probably put A little more time on JP prem than tmnt LE only because my bro has owned it much longer but I would agree. I would buy tmnt over JP prem but I would own both if possible. If he didn’t own a JP prem I would of bought one for sure and still had my tmnt. You won’t be disappointed if you already ordered a JP prem and I’m sure you’ll be able to trade it for a tmnt prem down the road if you wanted to

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-premium-or-tmnt-premium?hl=gtrefraction and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.