• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-3400 (resized).jpg
IMG-3399 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

So i have a few issues that might be related and might not be. I bought a new shooter rod for my JPLE and things have changed a bit.

Originally, with the old shooter rod, quite often when i plunged the ball it wouldn't make it around the vertical loop to the helicopter lane return. The shooter action felt wrong, like there was something grinding or scratching when you pull it. I didn't notice that the playflield wasn't square but might have just missed as i didn't have a heap of reasons to lift it.

I installed the new shooter rod and afterwards noticed that the playfield doesn't sit back into the cabinet properly. you have to sort of slide it sideways to get it back into the slots. I also notice that the new shooter was hitting the autoplunger mechanism. So when you go to plunge it hits the autoplunge first instead of the ball. I managed to adjust the autoplunge so that the shooter rod doesn't hit it. However, now when i plunge the ball (wth the new shooter) it almost never makes it around the loop to the helicopter lane. My guess is that if i can get the playfield square with the cabinet then this will solve all the problems? but i'm not sure how to do this. I tried loosening and tightening the screws on the shooter assembly and some of the others on the metal plate (on the inside of the front of the cabinet) that the playfield sits in. No luck as yet - the playfield still comes down on a different angle to the slots on the metal plate.

Any ideas on what might be the problem / what i can try next?

thanks!
(i've attached a couple of pics in case useful)

IMG-3399 (resized).jpgIMG-3399 (resized).jpgIMG-3400 (resized).jpgIMG-3400 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-playfield-not-square-shooter-rod-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.