(Topic ID: 61542)

Jurassic Park Pinball - What are they saying?

By winteriscoming

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by kwiKimart
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I've had the JP a couple of weeks now and there are a few soundbites my fiancee and I can't understand.

1. When you shoot the T-REX during the skill shot, it sounds like it's saying, "Is supper ready?"

2. When it's game over, right after the Match animation, John Hammond comes on and says something that sounds like, "Welcome to the world of art!" It doesn't sound like "Welcome to Jurassic Park," so I'm pretty sure he's saying something else.

Anyone have any idea what they're really saying?

Those are the two that stand out. I'll post more if I can come up with any.

Thanks,
    Jim

#2 10 years ago

Many people on this site are very impressed with the fact DE games are in Stereo. Sounds great eh?

#3 10 years ago

1) Thumper ready?

From another site about Jurassic Park: A thumper is "Part of the computer-assisted sonic tomography program that helps to decipher fossils still in the ground."

2) Welcome to Jurassic Park

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

1) Thumper ready?
    From another site about Jurassic Park: A thumper is "Part of the computer-assisted sonic tomography program that helps to decipher fossils still in the ground."
    2) Welcome to Jurassic Park

I can't say #1 makes sense for when you shoot a T-REX, but ok.

#2, though, I don't think I agree. I'm pretty sure he clearly says "Welcome to Jurassic Park" when you start a game, and what he says at the end sounds different.

#5 10 years ago

I know this is a DE and not a B/W but, they are saying "Thumpers ready."

Thumper Bumper —
    The name used by Bally and Williams to describe active bumpers.

A successful Skill Shot enables Super Pops and gives the quote "Thumper Ready!". Since the ball immediately goes into the Turbo Bumpers, this is worthwhile. Super Pops makes each Turbo Bumper worth 100K, and each completion of all three Turbo Bumpers worth 1M. After the Skill Shot, Super Pops only seems to last for a short while, but normal Super Pops only end when any switch outside the Turbo Bumpers is closed (except the first Visitor's Center rollover switch).

"Welcome to Jurassic Park" is at the beginning. After the match is "How about another tour of the park."

#6 10 years ago

To extend stangbat's post

“Thumper” was the nickname given to a large, box-shaped machine that was used on Dr. Alan Grant’s fossil excavation site near Snakewater, Montana. It was designed to fire a soft lead slug into the ground (within the vicinity of fossilized remains), creating shock waves to be registered by a nearby computer. The computer would then assemble an X-ray-like image of the area, allowing the paleontologists to determine the size of the trench dug to control water runoff. This procedure was known as ‘computer-assisted sonic topography,’ or CAST.

I don't think it's happpening with the T-rex, I think you just think it does

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't think it's happpening with the T-rex, I think you just think it does

As far as I can tell, it only says this when you successfully shoot the T-REX during the skill shot.

Quoted from blondetall:

"Welcome to Jurassic Park" is at the beginning. After the match is "How about another tour of the park."

I'll buy that!

Jim

#8 10 years ago

Yep.. How about another tour of the park.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

I can't say #1 makes sense for when you shoot a T-REX, but ok.

It says "Thumper ready?" because the ball is going into the pop bumpers. It isn't in reference to the T-Rex, it is in reference to what is coming after the ball launches.

#10 10 years ago

As far as I can tell, it only says this when you successfully shoot the T-REX during the skill shot.
    Jim

Ahh...that's a Raptor not a T-rex, and as said above it shoots the ball into the bumpers.
    Can't shoot no T-Rex with a tactical shotgun!

#11 10 years ago

I always thought it says " proper aim" after shooting the
    Raptor at the start?

#12 10 years ago

When my T-Rex eats the ball, ISTG I hear the guy yell "Oh nononono... Jackpot."

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ahh...that's a Raptor not a T-rex, and as said above it shoots the ball into the bumpers.
    Can't shoot no T-Rex with a tactical shotgun!

It could be a raptor. I'll have to check, but I thought it says something about shooting the T-rex on the dmd if you sit idle too long.

Quoted from tjsynkral:

When my T-Rex eats the ball, ISTG I hear the guy yell "Oh nononono... Jackpot."

I think he says, "oh, no no no guah, uh, no, uh!"

#14 10 years ago

I think he says, "oh, no no no guah, uh, no, uh!"

I thought there was a "Oh God NO" in that speech.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-pinball-what-are-they-saying and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.