• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by dung
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Hi there,

I have located a playfield for Jurassic Park pinball with semi stripped components. I have also found exact dimensions for cutting the cabinet. I plan to recreate the machine using the playfield. I have the manual and plan to use the PROC for easy updating of the ROM's. I would get a store to cut my plywood to specifications and then paint, I will get decals for the edges printed and would stick them on, then construct holding it together with the black edging stuff like on he original machine. I wanted some help on how some components that have been stripped worked, and where to locate the parts necessary to get my machine going.

Thanks,

Will

#2 12 years ago

Quite a task. Let me know if you need anything. I recently rebuilt one. Not from scratch though.

#3 12 years ago

Thanks for your support, are you able to advise me whether it would work to use the P ROC to rebuild the system or would I have to use original circuitry from somewhere.

Will

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from willhew:

are you able to advise me whether it would work to use the P ROC to rebuild the system or would I have to use original circuitry from somewhere.

You are definitely going to want to get the original boards if you can. Unless you plan on modifying the programming of Jurassic Park to use a different ruleset, I don't see a reason to use a P-ROC. Beyond getting original boards, you could look for Rottendog replacements.

#5 12 years ago

I was thinking using the P ROC as its easier to update ROM's, is that a good idea? Also I will upload as soon as possible a design made up for the cabinet. I made it using a scaled side on picture and dimensions, if anybody owns a machine could they please check it for me. Also I need someone to measure up and take some photos of the backboard so I can get it cut. I have located many original parts and wanted to check that these are all the bits I need for the computerized half of it

CPU Still finding one with the Main Processing Unit in it

DMD http://www.pinball.co/Products/12159-5901-12784-00.aspx

Flipper PCB http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PC-PL40001&Category_Code=GS-1343&Product_Count=17

Power Supplyhttp://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=262

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from willhew:

I was thinking using the P ROC as its easier to update ROM's, is that a good idea?

Why? Just use the original boards and install the latest ROMs. It's not like Data East is still around providing updates.

#7 12 years ago

It will be an interesting effort, but in the end you are going to end up with a overpriced machine that you will never get your money out of.

Also proc won't work unless you want to custom wire the machine as well. PROC last I saw works with whitestar and wpc hardware. You could source a wpc driverboard to use, but that would mean redoing every plug on the game. It would also mean rewriting the code from scratch to work.

If you are suggesting doing this it tells me you either plan on making custom changes to the software or have not researched this endeavor very much.

If you want a project I would suggest buying a game that needs a full restore rather then trying to build from scratch. If you want to write custom software I would suggest a wpc or whitestar title so you don't end up having to rewire the whole machine.

#8 12 years ago

The amount of money to build a cab, buy p-roc, buy the boards you need, a transistor, ground braid for the cabinet, EVERYTHING you need to build this game if all you have is a playfield, will FAR outweigh the cost if you were to just buy one outright.

#9 12 years ago

If it's a NOS or otherwise nice playfield, you could probably sell it for $500 or so and you're at least 1/3 of the way to a nice, pre-built JP!

#10 12 years ago

Hi there,

The playfield photos came through, there are only 5 or 6 parts missing and the cabinet I got measurements through a scaled photo and I am talking to someone who owns one to check if they are right. I have found nearly all the parts I need and they arn't going to end out overly expensive. The parts missing is the T Rex which I have located but haven't ordered as I am checking for a better price. Does anyone know what the side decals are made from as I am trying to make it as authentic as possible, I have located the ENTIRE Coin door and mech. Also I found the two original backbox hinges for 10 each.

Will

#11 12 years ago

By the way, I had only quickly read about the P ROC and have no interest in reprogramming so I will use original components.

#12 12 years ago

I have to be honest and say that this does not seem like a good idea, but based on your last two post I will say that DE games have screened cabinets. That means you can not get them for a new cabinet. They were not produced and manufactured like B/W games. They were made at a factory and not made to be reproduced easily. That is one of the big trade offs with DE games VS other manufactures. The games are cheaper to buy, but you pay big time when something breaks or get damage like a cabinet. Want a FT decal no problem, want a DESW decal not going to happen. Not trying to rain on your project, but some projects are better than others. Wishing you luck in your endeavors, but you should be aware of the limitations that you are going to face. I have a JP so any info you need please contact me.

#13 12 years ago

Yeah I'm thinking I mightn't purchase and build a hyperpin, as it will be cheaper

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from willhew:

Yeah I'm thinking I mightn't purchase and build a hyperpin, as it will be cheaper

Probably the better routed in the long run. As MES said JP never had decals.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-pinball-build and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.