By Jim2x81

1 week ago

Stats

• Started 1 week ago
  • 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 week ago by Meloyelo51

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

#1 11 days ago

Hi guys...i need an opinion oj jurassic park data east...
Is a price of 1800 ok?...it is in ok condition but maybe it will need new decals later...
I have 3 questions
1) when the shaker mode is activated?
2) i heard many bad stories for t rex problem
3)i have played on the one for sale and something strange happen. Ball dissapeared and t rex deck for the ball without ball...when the trex stand ball appear

#2 11 days ago
Quoted from Jim2x81:

Hi guys...i need an opinion oj jurassic park data east...
Is a price of 1800 ok?...it is in ok condition but maybe it will need new decals later...
I have 3 questions
1) when the shaker mode is activated?
2) i heard many bad stories for t rex problem
3)i have played on the one for sale and something strange happen. Ball dissapeared and t rex deck for the ball without ball...when the trex stand ball appear

$1800 is amazing unless totally beat up or something. I paid $2600 for a decent one.
1. Its activated when youre in the pops, when trex picks the ball up, etc.
2. Not that bad really, you just have to know what youre doing pinball wise (basic knowledge)
3. I cant understand this sentence.

#3 11 days ago

$1800 is a great price assuming it is in good shape. Mine was around $2000 for a great condition one.

1. Not sure about the pops, but mine activates when the Trex is involved and during some of the modes.
2. Never had an issue with my Trex, I replaced it with the custom one by @winteriscoming and its amazing looking now. As for its function, several of us disable the left\right motor as it is prone to having issues. Several people also use the new code that reduces its use to help save it. You can replace it but its pricey. As Chitownpinball said, basic knowledge will be enough to work on the Trex.
3. I don't completely understand this sentence either, but based off a guess I'm assuming you meant that the Trex ate the ball, it disappeared then appeared on the playfield again. If so then that is normal and one of the highlights of the game for me. Trex will eat the ball, then it will shoot out of the right VUK back onto the playfield. This is a time the shaker motor is active.

Hopefully some of this was helpful.

#4 10 days ago

Average I'm seeing lately (minus the ebay "thinks it's a gold collector edition Steven Spielberg personal prototype" pricing) is about $2200-$3200 leaning towards the lower 2's. Like others said, 1800 is a steal if it's not a project and a topper's worth about 150-200.

T-rex motors were a problem with early rom versions, and fixed in 5.10 (off the top of my head), but if your gonna upgrade go 5.13 or Chad unofficial 6.0. What was happening was the motors moved so fast, they were hitting the limit switch, but not shutting off quick enough after hitting the switch, eating up the gears over time... so in a service bulletin (actually 1 for each motor) they were slowed down/pulsed to fix this.

I also don't understand the ball disappearing question...but there was also a service bulletin to bend the trex's teeth so he wouldn't miss it/drop it.

If you're on facebook, I started a JP machine specific group for buying/selling/modding/repair help/etc. https://www.facebook.com/groups/JurassicParkPinballOwners/

And of course there are several threads on here for Jurassic Park that gave me the idea; here are 2 of my favorites:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-jurassic-park-mods

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Syracuse, NY
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.