New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 134401)

Jurassic Park owners...

By TZCLOCKed

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Meloyelo51
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi guys. When I am in diagnostics mode the flash lamps and coils do not work. The coils fire when I first switch the machine on as it is looking for missing balls. I guess a second I should ask: the ppb board is not supposed to be completely fused right? Just F1-F6 right? Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

I'm not so good with troubleshooting, but I did want to make sure that you are closing the coin door to try to get the flashers and coils to work while testing. Any time the coin door is open, it shuts off the high voltage so those two features won't work. (Believe me, I found this out the hard way on my first machine.) You should get a "COIN DOOR OPEN" and something like "high voltage disabled" message on the DMD when you first open the door, then when you go into diagnostics mode and to the test that you want to do, just close the door and it will let the high voltage work and therefore the flashers/coils will work and test. It's a safety feature to keep newbies like me from getting shocked, but it makes it a bit difficult to test thing if you don't know that.

If that fixes it then great, and if not then someone else will have to jump in and give more info. Good luck!

#3 5 years ago

You don't have fuses in F7-F9? Those do need fuses. The inside cover of the manual doesn't list them. But they are mentioned with the proper fuse on I think page 65 of the PPB board schematics.

Quoted from blondetall:

You should get a "COIN DOOR OPEN" and something like "high voltage disabled" message on the DMD when you first open the door

I'm not sure mine does anything different with the door closed or open. The only time it's ever indicated that the door was open was when I installed the NVram. And all coils and flashers have worked with the door open when going through diagnostics.

#4 5 years ago

Mine works with the door open.

I don't believe these have a lock out.

#5 5 years ago

I haven't worked on my JP in awhile as far as testing those, but know that is a common issue on other machines that people aren't aware of, so was giving the most simple answer possible and hoping it worked. If these don't have an interswitch safety thingy, then hopefully it's a simple fuse issue. I believe that woody is correct in that it does need those fuses. I can double check when I get home, but I'm sure the guys will get you fixed up before then.

#6 5 years ago

I know F8 is 4amp for sure. Keep blowing that one.

#7 5 years ago

Wonder why they left out the fuses for f7 and 8. There's a sticker right above the board that shows f1-6 with a warning to not over fuse. Weird. Thanks for the help guys!

#8 5 years ago

Over fuse just means to not stick in a 5amp in place of a 4amp, like I did. Since f8 kept blowing, I thought that I'd try a 5a to see if that's what it was suppose to be. Nope. My right VUK started smoking, and was seriously hot. Like, I'm sure if I left the machine on for another 20-30 seconds, it probably would have burnt down the house.

My guess is that they printed up all the material before the game was finalized. But that PPB board schematics shows the proper amps for each one. Just make sure you stick those in.

Not sure what all the fuses connect to, but know F8 does the Right VUK and autoplunger. So my guess is f7 or f9 controls the flashers.

1 year later
#9 3 years ago

Finally officially got my machine last month and slowly breaking it in

Here are a few mod/install video's I've done for people teetering on the edge/needing help!

JP Playlist (will be updated as I do more..still have some mods up my sleeve):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLozzMELkGDvAd9uvjjBWgd9gnFkqTtUcl

JP Upgrade CPU/Display Roms:

JP DMD Saver Install:

JP Loop Combo Scoop Mod:

Jurassic Park

#10 3 years ago

Two More Vids Today...

PowerBall [Navi-Ball] Egg Shot

NVRAM Battery Elimination [Lockwhenlit version]

Jurassic Park

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

Here are a few mod/install video's I've done for people teetering on the edge/needing help!

Thanks for the videos, but your in the wrong thread, even though is says "Jurassic Park owners..." in the topic.

This the JP owners thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club

Also, JP mods are shown and discussed here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-jurassic-park-mods

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Thanks for the videos, but your in the wrong thread, even though is says "Jurassic Park owners..." in the topic.
This the JP owners thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club
Also, JP mods are shown and discussed here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-jurassic-park-mods

I was wondering why directed to a post with such low activity when I wanted to show off my machine, guess I found the wrong one. I did however already post in the share-your-mods post. When I hit the lottery, I'll be buying the rest of them lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside