• Latest reply 7 years ago by zomdom
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160908_182656 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

So I turn my JP on today, and I have no DMD. I check the fuses, and the .5 fuse in position F7 is blown. I check all the other ones and they test good. I replace the .5 amp fuse and as soon as I turn on the unit, it blows immediately. Upon checking the board, this fuse looks like it goes directly to connector CN1. The top two terminals are giving me continuity with ground. I've attempted to go over the schematic, but seeing how I'm not the most proficient with them in the first place, anyone that knows this data east game knows its crap. I've troubleshooted the ps board thus far. Removed every connector but the four prong power, and no fuses blow. I've connected all the connectors but CN1 and the fuse doesn't blow, only upon connecting that individual connector and turning it on does it blow.

Other than no dmd the game functions normally, completely playable.

I recently replaced my Q45 transistor for the coil which loads the ball into the shooter lane.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Ive had three of my machines go down in the last two weeks, and this is the last one I have to get functional.

#2 7 years ago

Its nice fending for myself. Community right?
Found that D5 diode on the ps board went bad. No longer blows F7 fuse.
DMD is still not functioning. Possibly fried.

#3 7 years ago

Exact same thing happened to mine. No display but the DMD was not displaying. When I turned it on I heard a little "snap" from the back box

Looking at my power supply board, I could see there was a burn mark on the cap near the .5 fuse and one of the tracks had gone around the middle of the right hand side of the board. The fuse was gone too

I took it to a mate who patched up the solder and reinstalled fuse holders on there.

I was worried I had done worse damage but installed the board back in and then it was fine.

I'm not too crash hot either with this stuff

#4 7 years ago

Update.
Removed dmd from Jurassic park, Placed in High Speed 2 just to test. Lights up gargled. Proof dot matrix is not completely shot. tested power on board. I get really low voltages on first two which should be reading around 110-125v. 5v is good 12v is good 62v is good. Anything specific I should be looking for on the power supply board as the culprit.
I see you suggest The cap ( there are two) nearest the .5 fuse. I may just order a new ps board seeing how this one looks to have been through the ringer with repairs in its past.

#5 7 years ago

Update. Rottendog board came in today. put it in the machine, wired up correctly. Dmd powers up, get a wavy orange squiggle through the middle. Doesn't move.

#6 7 years ago

The times i have repaired HV sections in DE games it was because a zener diode went short. Two times, same zener each time. It makes the fuse pop.

I would check the active components in the HV regulation section on your original board. The fact the display acts up with the new board complicates things. Try and isolate the issue.

#7 7 years ago

This is what I get, swapping ribbons makes no difference. I cant swap it out on any of my other machines. all Williams/bally. I'm unsure if the Display control board, rom, or actual dmd would cause this.

20160908_182656 (resized).jpg20160908_182656 (resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago

tested out both the display and board in a stern machine today. Both appear to be bad. Going to call K's tomorrow and see about getting them checked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-no-dmd-blows-5-amp-fuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.