Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Bwheels
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hey guys i am new to the site and have read up on a bunch of your posts. Here is my problem. When playing the game, every once and a while the left flipper will be dead. No noise, no movement nothing. If i flip the right flipper a few times it fires right back up. However, if i hold the right flipper up the left one will never come back and stays dead. Any suggestions? Thanks

#2 9 years ago

Sounds like an intermittent connection for power on the solenoid. Check power wire going to the solenoid and check the solenoid behind it in the chain.

#3 9 years ago

Thank you i will check that out. just seems weird that when i am holding the right flipper up, the left never comes back. so it must be a connecting power wire i would think.

#4 9 years ago

Bad or dirty EOS switch (normally closed) will cause this. Test by jumpering the EOS switch (safe to do because the flipper board switches to low voltage after a set amount of time no matter what).

#5 9 years ago

Yes. a bad EOS will cause the flipper not to fire. If it still does not, the flipper board inside the cabinet on the left may be bad. Check for the LED on the board. It should flash once if you press the flipper button. The right side will have 2 LEDs that flash

#6 9 years ago

Cleaned the EOS and the board seems fine. I even re soldered the flipper boatd. Just not sure why when I hold the right flippe, the left will go completely dead until I Let go if the right.

#7 9 years ago

Did you try jumpering the EOS switch to make sure it's okay? I thought mine was okay but it wasn't, I put the alligator clip jumper accross it and all my flipper problems went away. Did you check the fuse clips on the flipper board too, it's unlikely that's the problem but they are notoriously weak if they haven't been replaced yet.

#8 9 years ago

I have had several issues with my JP and they always seem to stem from the EOS switch, unfortunately these switches have to be well maintained for the flipper to do anything, I think this was configured like this because of the raptor pit, if the ball has enough force to push down the flipper it needs to re-engage the high voltage.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

I have had several issues with my JP and they always seem to stem from the EOS switch, unfortunately these switches have to be well maintained for the flipper to do anything, I think this was configured like this because of the raptor pit, if the ball has enough force to push down the flipper it needs to re-engage the high voltage.

sounds like it may be worth just rebuilding the flippers anyway and putting new EOS on.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Did you try jumpering the EOS switch to make sure it's okay? I thought mine was okay but it wasn't, I put the alligator clip jumper accross it and all my flipper problems went away. Did you check the fuse clips on the flipper board too, it's unlikely that's the problem but they are notoriously weak if they haven't been replaced yet.

i am fairly new to this, where should i jumper from?to?

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Bwheels:

i am fairly new to this, where should i jumper from?to?

Just jumper across the two switch solder joints to ensure you have a "closed" switch.

#12 9 years ago

Thanks for the info guys!! I cleaned the EOS really good and made sure the connection was good. Been working perfectly all night!!

#13 9 years ago

It will most likely stop working after a bit of extended play, order the correct EOS switches to have on hand.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

It will most likely stop working after a bit of extended play, order the correct EOS switches to have on hand.

Thank you I will right now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-left-flipper-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.