• Latest reply 8 years ago by thedefog
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

I have Jp pin I bought two years ago. The left flipper randomly quits working. If I press both flippers at the same time it will usually come back quick and then work weak for a while sometimes not firing at all. If I keep playing or turn it off and come back later it works fine. When it goes out the LED on the flip board does not light up. All the fuses appear fine on the board. I have read a ton of posts about this topic but can't seem to determine what's going on with mine. I would really appreciate anyone's input. Thank you. I added a pic of the switch.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

I'll quess the fuse clip on the Flipper board has a cold solder and needs to be reflowed

#4 8 years ago

If you can get it in the "failed" state, squeeze the EOS switch contacts closed tightly while holding the flipper button in. If that makes it fire, the EOS switch is dirty or bad.

Another thing I've encountered is when the gold plating on the flipper button switch gets worn away, the switch becomes intermittent. New switch at that point, but make sure you use a good plated switch; the old style (tungsten?) Switches will seem to work but become intermittent soon.

#5 8 years ago

Thank you. I will try these steps and report back. I am curious if it would be a good idea or overboard to go ahead and buy a rotten dog flipper board? Some of the forums I read ended with the person putting a new board in and all was better. Thanks for everyone's help

#6 8 years ago

Remember, the TYFFASI flipper boards have LED indicators on them when the cab switches are pressed. That may help eliminate debugging making sure they're lighting when you press the button, at least you'll know the board is seeing the cab switch close. I'd also clip an alligator clip on the flipper coil while doing that, make sure it is getting the right voltage.

#7 8 years ago

Ok. No led indicator on left flip when pressed.

#8 8 years ago

Well. I fired it up this morning. At the very first the left was dead. Pressing the cab switch did nothing. At all, does not even light up the board LED. after a few pushes with the right and left simultaneously it works fine and hasn't failed since. Ugh I don't know whether to leave it or investigate further. It's only annoying when your playing a big game and suddenly it decides to fault. Thanks for anyone's help.
If anyone has had the issue of the board not reading the button press let me know what you ended up doing. Thanks everyone.

#9 8 years ago

As I think might have been noted, did you look at fuse clips on the flipper board? This maybe some intermittency you are observing. Possibly some cold solder joints elsewhere?

The flipper board is not terribly dense; pretty easy to navigate around with help of the schematic. Easy to find the left-flipper circuit and associated components.

#10 8 years ago

dup

#11 8 years ago

mine was the eos switch. i changed cpu boards, flipper boards, coils, and then finally the eos. turns out it was the eos the entire time.

#12 8 years ago

Jumper across the EOS switch with some alligator clips and test it, if it works every time replace the EOS switch.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Jumper across the EOS switch with some alligator clips and test it, if it works every time replace the EOS switch.

This is your answer faqawi

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-left-flipper-intermittent-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.