New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 253930)

Jurassic Park LE or Elvira's House of Horrors LE

By IronMan8Bit

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Jurassic Park LE or Elvira's House of Horrors LE”

• Jurassic Park 2019 LE 146 votes
    70%
  • Elvira's House of Horrors 2019 LE 64 votes
    30%

(210 votes)

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 35 days ago

Ehoh is just pure awesomeness and we are still in beta codes. However JP is a great machine and holds its own as well.

Hope that clears it up lol.

#52 31 days ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

These games are so different that they are tough to compare. Both together would make an awesome little collection I think.

If you had to pick however....

#53 31 days ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Ehoh is just pure awesomeness and we are still in beta codes. However JP is a great machine and holds its own as well.
Hope that clears it up lol.

If the journey is a thousand steps, this was somewhere closer.

My challenge is I like both machines but have not spent enough time to compare for myself. I have room for one (not both) and am curious which yall recommend.

#54 31 days ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

If the journey is a thousand steps, this was somewhere closer.
My challenge is I like both machines but have not spent enough time to compare for myself. I have room for one (not both) and am curious which yall recommend.

They are both great machines so if you like the old cheesy horror themed movies with some sexual innuendo humorous comments Elvira all the way, if your a reptile fan that likes Dinosaurs and the wilderness go with JP .

I always recommend that the buyer should always play both to see what they enjoy and which one pulls them in, then I just noticed your location and that might be a little difficult for you as they both may not be readily available to do that.

#55 31 days ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

They are both great machines so if you like the old cheesy horror themed movies with some sexual innuendo humorous comments Elvira all the way, if your a reptile fan that likes Dinosaurs and the wilderness go with JP .
I always recommend that the buyer should always play both to see what they enjoy and which one pulls them in, then I just noticed your location and that might be a little difficult for you as they both may not be readily available to do that.

I'd agree, fortunately pre covid I have a job that allows me to travel, and generally, I get to play these in Seattle.

The challenge for me currently is I haven't been able to play Elvira (which I did like) since the major code updates etc.. We do have a JP pro here locally and I have played the Premium. Im absolutely sold on Elwin, Im not a huge JP fan. This would likely lean me to Elvira, however, how good Elwin's games are gives me pause (and thus, Im a literal 50/50 on this decision).

Come pinside, use you powers of discernment to help nudge!

#56 31 days ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

how good Elwin's games are gives me pause

Oh he is good maybe more like great but...... Elvira is Lyman and Lyman is a God lol. Just fuel for thought .

#57 31 days ago

Elvira plays a lot “easier” than JP. Shots on JP are tight and require precise accuracy. Code is equal. Did that help?

#58 31 days ago

I have both of them and Like JP better.

#59 30 days ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Elvira plays a lot “easier” than JP. Shots on JP are tight and require precise accuracy. Code is equal. Did that help?

Actually yes, thanks. I own an Maiden, and part of what I really love is the somewhat demanding shots. This said, not totally

#60 30 days ago

If you already own a maiden then I think Elvira would give you a better variety.

1 week later
#61 19 days ago

I ended up getting JP LE btw from this and ended up selling it because it was brutally hard (for me) and I just got frustrated. Definitely didn't have that one more time feeling like other games do for me. If I could of went back in time I should of got a EHoH LE and probably still have it today. They're really hard to find now and overpriced.

#62 18 days ago
Quoted from Derekk:

I have both of them and Like JP better.

I have both of them and like EHoH better.

#63 18 days ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

I ended up getting JP LE btw from this and ended up selling it because it was brutally hard (for me) and I just got frustrated. Definitely didn't have that one more time feeling like other games do for me. If I could of went back in time I should of got a EHoH LE and probably still have it today. They're really hard to find now and overpriced.

Fast forward to today, EHOH LE has pulled up neck and neck with JPLE. Having had both for a long time now I'd have to agree that EHOHLE gets more play because it's fairly easy and FUN.

Both games are great though. I would never get rid of either one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 7.95
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside