thats what she said (resized).jpg
IMG_20190420_1606570 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190413_0929475 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
IMG_20190411_1643041 (resized).jpg
trex teeth (resized).PNG
IMG_20190409_1606249 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190408_2131561 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrclean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 10 years ago

Stan Winston studios would be proud. A longgg time ago in a galaxy far far away I thought someone was also making a mod that the gate would swing open on the ramp like in the movie. What ever happened to that ? Are you planning on making these available for sale or just a personal project ?

6 months later
#182 9 years ago

Is the weight of your mod roughly around the same as the existing plastic t-rex that's on the game ? I just know these motors are notoriously crappy any extra strain wouldn't be ideal. What's going to be used for the eyes, glass ? Out side of that so far cosmetically looks like it's coming along verrry nicely. Your T-rex design aka Stan Winstons is what the game should of had instead of Data East's version. I'm in for one on my JP depending on price point. Do you have a ball park price in mind yet ? feel free to PM me when it's done and add me to your list if your taking user names.

#186 9 years ago

Firstly that looks dope so far!! Secondly.. I'm a huge fan of JP series forgetting about the pinball machine ....As a side note I'm actually looking foward to JP4 aka Jurassic World in (2015). I read that they are now filming certain scenes at an abandoned Six Flag in New Orleans.

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/jurassic-park-4-is-being-shot-in-this-gorgeous-abandone-1587151668

Also... What ever happened to someone making the gates on the ramp open up like in the movie ? Instead of just a plastic flat piece above the ramp... I coulda sworn I read someone was going to make that mod.

#211 9 years ago

getting closer and closer to... "Ian!! FREEEEZE!"

ROARRRR-266.jpgROARRRR-266.jpg

#217 9 years ago

I also thought it looks great! however the picture I posted was Universal Studios Florida one going soon I can't wait it's one of my favorite rides in the park... However the screen used one that Stan Winston Designed looks the best... see the minor comparisons here:

stan_vs_universal.jpgstan_vs_universal.jpg

Close up detail of Stan Winston: 8632843_7.jpg8632843_7.jpg
8632843_6.jpg8632843_6.jpg

I would Imagine most people would want it as accurate to the screen used version. Again to reiterate I freakin' love it thus far ! Yours was starting to look very similar to poseidon Studios version... http://poseidonyoung.blogspot.com/ tn_DSC_1041-1.jpgtn_DSC_1041-1.jpg

#221 9 years ago

Oh yeah also I think I just realized JP was a female t-rex and I think I also posted pics of JPIII's male t-rex as well. The JPIII trex head screen used prop sold for $42,000 ! Imagine having that on display in your living room. Slight variations exist from t-rex to t-rex. At the end of the day yours already is a vast improvement over the data east one. I think the teeth will really be one of the hardest challenges incorporating the look while keeping the functionality. I'm wondering are these going to be 3d printed plastic, will the end user need to paint them ?

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Thanks all for the encouragement. It's a great motivator.

I'll probably sell painted ones and ones that aren't if anyone wants to DIY.

So your obviously intending on making a bunch of different ones / having various options awesome! Do you have any idea as to roughly what your thinking cost wise on these two variations ? insert shut up and take my money image here.

Gate that opens on the ramp like in the movie, with flickering led flame effect to mirror the movie for your next JP mod hehe "What do they have in there king kong ?"

Probably have a hinged spring loaded gate to open both ways should the ball not make it up the ramp etc... Do flickering flame effect LED's exist ?

gate-of-jurassic-park.jpggate-of-jurassic-park.jpg

Another idea that's floating through my head is have the ball enter a raptors mouth similar to Metallica Pinball....
Raptor Pit....ball shoots in and outta mouth fast! 4097876177_685239755f.jpg4097876177_685239755f.jpg
Metallica - ae11fd_d837140956c140049298e60d10512836.jpg_srz_p_400_400_75_22_0.50_1.20_0_1024x1024.jpgae11fd_d837140956c140049298e60d10512836.jpg_srz_p_400_400_75_22_0.50_1.20_0_1024x1024.jpg

#248 9 years ago

First off it's coming out amazing!!!! Make sure you make at least 100 because you will sell through them all... I'm in!

I happen to be a HUGE JP FAN....not pinball related but it is JP related I got this cool ,1 life sized movie prop....

JP.jpgJP.jpg

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Does the arrow spin?

haha I coulda made it spin, but I didn't... I could still easily do that... Ironically enough my sign actually does point east. Since that picture I filled in that screw hole so it's not shown... It's big heavy and mainly wood (That's what she said). I was gonna also make one of the bathroom signs.eastsignHD.JPGeastsignHD.JPG

1 month later
2 months later
#301 9 years ago

This mod will be released June 12th 2015, when Jurassic World is released.

1 week later
#307 9 years ago

Uh oh... I don't want to commit to this yet, but I think I've come up with a way that she can have arms!

I feel bad for T-Rex arms...
T-Rex ArmsT-Rex Arms

I think the arms wouldn't look right with the current model, but I'd love to see you try. Poseidon Yang is a great modeler and here are some pics from his female t-rex as a reference...
https://picasaweb.google.com/111799394997446094650/Dinosaurs110FemaleTRexPaintedStatue

3 weeks later
#345 9 years ago

Sweet!!! way better than the original! Normally I'm not into MODs on existing original pins but this happens to be a superior upgrade from the DE T-Rex, you hit it out of the park! Just crossing my fingers about pricing if and when available

#362 9 years ago

Looks great... are you going to use glass eyes ? & if for sale are these going to be offered pre-painted to the end user ?

#428 9 years ago

"Life finds a way"

#438 9 years ago

can we see some pictures of the "dino droppings" ?

#467 9 years ago

Big thanks to dnaman for offering to let me borrow a t-rex frame!
Been working on cloning some dinos...

I'm going to cast as many as I can with the resin I have. It has a limited shelf life, so I'm going to use it up while I can. I have no idea how many that will produce. Not everything that was cast today ended up being usable, so we'll see how many complete units I get out of my current stock of materials. I've got measurements, mixing, pouring and demolding for each part pretty well figured out, so I'm producing them more efficiently now.

IMG_20141120_205955.jpg 189 KB

"You Said you got a T-Rex !?"
"Say Again ?!?!"
"...We have a T-Rex...."
"Pinsiders.... welcome to the new and improved Jurassic Park !"

#469 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

The time is coming!!!! Nature finds a way!!!!!!

Don't you mean Life finds a way ?
giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#486 9 years ago

During the Thanksgiving NFL game they are revealing the Jurassic Park World official trailer... If you go to the website it has a countdown.... winteriscoming you should have a website with a counter on it and air your final product during the Super Bowl I feel that this release can certainly one up Universal's !

#521 9 years ago

Are you an ex Stan Winston Studios worker ?.... I wonder if they worked on any of the JP4 stuff or if it's now all CGI.

#564 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Seriously dude, this is incredible work. And perfect timing too with Jurassic World trailer launching today.

I thought it's launching thanksgiving during the nfl game ?...

#565 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Seriously dude, this is incredible work. And perfect timing too with Jurassic World trailer launching today.

I thought it's launching thanksgiving during the nfl game ?...

#596 9 years ago

I'll grant that it's not a good pink in the current example, but I like having a distinction between the gums and teeth if I can effectively do so.

The gums in photos of the movie versions from all JP movies I'm seeing all look to be a light pinkish in color.
That brings me to another issue: Overall Color
In reviewing stills of the female in JP1, I see some that make her look greenish and some where she's mostly brown. Mine is more greenish than brown. Any opinions on that?

Seriously ask Stan Winston Studios... I don't see why not... https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/

Being that the new Jurassic World trailer just came out they said they are releasing a few behind the scenes videos from the original Jurassic park...

#712 9 years ago

Just do this to any one that doesn't do you right... release your T-Rex wrath upon them while they are on the toilet tumblr_n89m2zWcWa1t0n5z8o2_500.giftumblr_n89m2zWcWa1t0n5z8o2_500.gif

#758 9 years ago

I'm guessing 420 based on that stoner T-wrecked... "screw eating the goat I want some Doritos."
329085.jpg329085.jpgo-DORITOS-GOAT-AD-facebook.jpgo-DORITOS-GOAT-AD-facebook.jpg

#771 9 years ago

wait I don't want to get off topic but, does the new Jurassic World incorporate both CGI and Animitronics ... It better if it's all CGI i'm gonna be mad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrclean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-improved-t-rex-work-in-progress?tu=mrclean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.