thats what she said (resized).jpg
IMG_20190420_1606570 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190413_0929475 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
IMG_20190411_1643041 (resized).jpg
trex teeth (resized).PNG
IMG_20190409_1606249 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190408_2131561 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#360 9 years ago

Now to find a decent priced jp....damn u.

#453 9 years ago

SOME ONE GET THIS MAN A T REX FRAME!

#454 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Someone send the man a T-Rex frame!!!

lol....SECOND!

#460 9 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Does anyone happen to have a t-rex frame sitting in a drawer somewhere that I could borrow for a while? Ideally I'd need a frame and jaw with jaw link to be able to test fit everything properly.

Wish I did. I am still working on picking up a JP of my own.......

#523 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Stern should buy a bunch of these from winteriscoming. That, along with the new code that ChadH is writing, they could run a Jurassic Park Vault Edition next summer in time for the 4th movie!

Nice, and then I could get a sub $2000 JP! DO IT! LOL!

1 week later
#677 9 years ago

Wheres the dilating pupils? Lame. Worst mod ever.

#685 9 years ago

I was thinking more:

"Rex-anne, youre all that we wanted of t-rex"
"Youre all that we needed in this pin"

Weezer cover in case no one is familiar.

1 month later
#948 9 years ago

You are the man! Im working on securing a JP just for this. TOO COOL!

1 week later
#954 9 years ago

Damn you ChadH! LOL!

#963 9 years ago

dont be discouraged! keep up the good work!

#968 9 years ago

so awesome.

1 week later
#978 9 years ago

THAT LOOKS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

#982 9 years ago

I think ill have my JP mid to end of March....any luck youll be ready to produce by then?

#986 9 years ago

I probably won't be ready at that point. Even when I start producing, it will be pretty slow-going. If I want to have a life outside of this mod, I'll probably only produce a few a month and the interest list is so long it could be over a year for the people at the end to get theirs.
I'm dreading having to support a bunch of people installing these, too, so we'll see how far I'm willing to get into it before deciding I've had enough. I do support work for a living and have no idea why I'm willing to pollute my hobby with that misery...

Good thing Im not on the end....

3 months later
#1054 8 years ago

If they come out with a color DMD, the gate that opens gets made, and you make this a go, this is going to be one sexy game.

#1057 8 years ago

Ive lost hope on the code. Something is fishy.

#1066 8 years ago

Damn, didnt make the list.

3 weeks later
#1099 8 years ago

Dont care, just take my money.

Heres to hoping people drop out to move me up! LOL sorry.

1 week later
2 weeks later
#1150 8 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Thought I'd share this shot. T-Rex looks pretty menacing here. Great mod winteriscoming! Easy to install and really improves the game imo. Seeing that other "dinosaur" eat the ball was neat but when you see this thing coming down to grab your ball and chomp on it with those sharp teeth it really feels like you are watching a scene from the movie.
20150719_222535.jpg

Stop rubbing it in, jerk. lol.

1 week later
#1153 8 years ago

Alright, my project Caribbean Cruise is finished for the time being and I finished Witcher 3, so I guess it's back to some T-rexes.

Yessssss!

2 months later
#1221 8 years ago

What are you gonna make with it?

#1225 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

how about you make Jurassic Park plastics replacements with it!!

hey, lets let him burn out on new rex heads first please....

#1229 8 years ago

After seeing how much aurich charged for that goofy looking hammer, Im happy he priced it at what he did. Bravo sir!

5 months later
#1314 8 years ago

Completely unrelated to T-rex production, other than being an excuse for me not to make them, my daughter was born on Sunday. Everything is going well with mom and baby. Dad is coming up with lots of ideas for projects on the CNC machine.

AWESOME! Congrats! Ill be in the same boat come June.....

Pinball projects are piling up fast. Need to get all of them done ASAP.

1 month later
#1342 7 years ago

$1000 NIB. PM me. lol.

#1345 7 years ago

I don't guess I care. I think I've pretty well given enough clues that you could go back through my posts and do the math to generally guess how many there are. I won't share owners, but there currently exist 17 production models and 3 prototypes (with perhaps an extra jaw here or there) out in the world, out of my hands.
I do not currently have any more finished and available to sell, but will try to work on some soon.

Im just kidding FYI, I dont wanna piss you off. The thirst is real for your trex heads!

1 month later
#1355 7 years ago

Theres a video on youtube still. Please hold

1 year later
#1443 6 years ago

$800 for any one looking. Mines still in the box.

#1445 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Why haven't you installed it? That's no way to treat it.
Still loving mine. Wouldn't expect the Trex to have looked any other way.

Cuz I have no time, much like my other pinball brother, winter.

I REALLY want to get it in. As well as the color dmd....just NO FREAKING TIME MAN.

Im pretty much kidding, but if some wealthy person wants to offer me $800, Ill wait and get another later, lol.

I dont know how people have 3 hours to sit down and watch a sports game. I get like an hour of tv if im lucky a day. Havent had my machine on in months.

3 months later
#1456 6 years ago

#14 reporting for duty....FINALLY.

Got my guy picking up balls no problem...swallowing them, theres the issue.

Any good ways to fix this other than piling up some sugru in his jaw? Id like to not hide the tongue decal if i can.

Thanks again winteriscoming for making the best mod ever and also providing a ton of install resources. The video was very helpful.

IMG_6455 (resized).JPGIMG_6455 (resized).JPG

#1458 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Whysnow? I think you mean winteriscoming.

Thats the one....Ive had a couple drinks. Today is ME day. Wife is at work, and baby is at grams. Life is good. Thanks winteriscoming im a doofis.

#1460 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

just wait, no reason to be robbed!

No longer for sale obviously...nobody ever got robbed. Boo.

#1462 6 years ago

So the ball gets picked up but stays in the front of the mouth after the t-rex stands back up?
Does your game have the rubber nub under the plunger that drives the chomping? That should be present so the plunger gets pushed in a little when the t-rex is in the upright position. You can pad that with layers of felt as needed to increase the amount the jaw closes when the t-rex is upright.
Alternatively, it might be worth checking that the up switch is triggered at the moment the t-rex is upright rather than slightly before or after.
I could see playfield angle potentially causing this, too.

Ya, he picks it up, chomps, but the ball stays at the front of his mouth. The screw sticks up quite a bit. I may have resources to counter sink the screw. Ill check my level as well.

Also, yes, there is a rubber nub under the plunger for the jaw. I will try and pad that as well.

#1465 6 years ago

Alright, I am sending my jaw to a shop my bro in law knows. I have told them to not bend it or clamp too hard and to also go slow and check the depth with the screw. Fingers crossed. At least they are on sale at marcos still.

IMG_6466 (resized).JPGIMG_6466 (resized).JPG

#1466 6 years ago

Counter sunk the jaw, and he sanded the screw down for me. Its flat as hell.

Still no swallow. I put a felt pad on the black rubber "nub" under the coil plunger as well. I also removed it in another test. I think Sugru is in my future, although i think i need less now because I can just put a ramp of it at each faw "tooth" and go around the decal maybe.

Test 1 - Just installed the screw and jaw after being worked on. Pick up was fine, jaw held ball, and chomps.

Didnt swallow ball on first attempt. Did it after a ball search.

Test 2 - new screw/jaw and added a felt pad to black nub.

Picks up fine, held ball really tight. No chomp.

Test 3 - new screw/jaw and removed black nub completely.

Picks up fine, held ball, but no chomp.

Any other ideas?

#1468 6 years ago

I think the issue wasn't the screw, then. Is it possible the front jaw tabs are bent too far out, creating a cradle where the ball gets stuck? Really the chomping action is what should make the ball get swallowed.
How is the condition of your link assembly? If there's slop where it connects to the jaw (either nub is worn or jaw hole is worn larger than normal) I could see it potentially lacking enough power to swallow on the chomp.
I suppose coil strength could come into play here, too.

I will look at all this tomorrow. I will start with the jaw tabs and then go from there. Hopefully that is all.

The hole for the jaw linkage is a bit worn. You can see its supposed to be a circle based on the other side's hole, but its more of a square. Could be an issue as well.

Im definitely an expert at removing and reinstalling the trex now.

#1469 6 years ago

Not sure if this gif will work, but I am in business as of a few minutes ago. I played a few games and had no rejects. I ended up bending the sides of the jaw a tiny bit out and then the front up a bit.

IMG_6560 (resized).pngIMG_6560 (resized).png

#1470 6 years ago

try this gif again...

sharing.gifsharing.gif

Nice! Looks like its working now.

Im getting about 70% success rate currently. Some times if the machine is shaking like crazy and the ball goes in the saucer and is wobbling, he will grab it, and then as he goes up it shoots out onto the playfield. Its actually kinda fun, lol.

#1472 6 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

So is he picking it up by his teeth? One concern I'd had about that, if that's the case, is dings and scratches left in the ball.
Not too sure how much the teeth scrape the ball as he picks it up on mine, but by the time he's fully bitten down on the ball, it's completely cleared his teeth before he bends back up.
The GIF loop is pretty cool. Constantly eating that Trex is.

Ya, I suppose it is in the "teeth" of the jaw before it pops into his mouth once hes upright. Hmmm....

#1475 6 years ago
Quoted from newmanoconnor:

Ugh...I wish I had one. This wait is excruciating seeing them in action.

Sorry bro.

For a cool G i can take it off and send it your way...lol. The joke never gets old. SEND ME MONEY

#1477 6 years ago
Quoted from newmanoconnor:

No dice. Want a Firepower?

Wish you still had that SOF...always looking to get back into LIONMAN.

#1479 6 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

He'll get to it eventually. It'll be worth the wait and oh so sweet.
Life gets in the way of this kind of thing sometimes.

Agreed. Winter and I both had a baby around the same time so I feel for his loss of time with his hobby. I had my trex over a year before I finally installed it. Good things come to those who wait, as they always say.

3 months later
#1483 6 years ago

One of the original runs just became available for any one looking....check the JP club thread. Good luck to who ever gets it first!

5 months later
#1506 5 years ago

JP - Imgur.gifJP - Imgur.gif
1 week later
#1554 5 years ago
Quoted from radium:

The one on the right looks a lot more affordable!

Helll nah. Hes gotta pay for the r and d, the printer. I would hope he would still charge enough to cover his as and make it worth it. Id think maybe $50 cheaper than the originals.

Also, counter sink those screws man, theyre giving me anxiety, lol.

5 months later
#1617 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

winteriscoming I'm missing half of the top teeth, and I'm about to lose another one (or two). Do you have any spare teeth?

Are yours deteriorating? Mine havent at all. I thought no one had...

3 weeks later
#1637 5 years ago

Would the 3D printed teeth work with the original trex? I might buy a set to have on hand. Ive been nervous about my lower teeth lately, they seem to be getting pinched between the metal of the bottom jaw and the sculpted jaw. Just a thought.

#1641 5 years ago

Unfortunately, likely not.
For the top teeth, the inner shape of the upper part is different enough between the 2 that I probably wouldn't fit. The cast t-rex also does not have the threaded hole for the screw that holds the 3D printed teeth in.
The bottom teeth are going to have to be much thinner, and probably much more flexible than PLA, so it remains to be seen whether or not a solution for bottom teeth will also work for the cast t-rex.
I would think a paper teeth option could be made to work with the originals, but I haven't tested.

Copy that bro, thanks for clarifying. Fingers crossed I never need them.

6 months later
#1703 4 years ago

Damn thats dope....any way you can put a handle on it with an armature to bite at people as they enter my office? LOL!

Wish I could afford another ones just to put on display. Very cool dude.

2 years later
#1747 2 years ago

Was this really 8 years ago??? Wow....

#1749 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

And I still can't get one!!

Ya, limited edition for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-improved-t-rex-work-in-progress?tu=chitownpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.