thats what she said (resized).jpg
IMG_20190420_1606570 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190413_0929475 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
IMG_20190411_1643041 (resized).jpg
trex teeth (resized).PNG
IMG_20190409_1606249 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190408_2131561 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChadH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

Nice!!! T-Rex could certainly use an upgrade. I'll be following this thread.

#16 10 years ago

Loving it!

1 month later
#105 10 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Another successful test.
» YouTube video

IMG_20131207_131509.jpg 266 KB

Love it!!!

6 months later
#231 9 years ago

Loving it. Taking JP to the next level.

4 months later
#323 9 years ago

Wowowowow!!!

1 week later
#364 9 years ago

Here's a reminder of how the original looks... just to compare and see how great the new one looks!

trex1.jpgtrex1.jpg

trex2.jpgtrex2.jpg

#432 9 years ago

Let's get this party started!

You sure know how to party!

1 week later
#622 9 years ago

I'm liking the fact that these will be hand painted... making each one unique.

#628 9 years ago

Looks amazing. So cool that one of pinball's best toys is finally getting the make over it deserves.

This awesome looking toy actually bends down and EATS the pinball! How crazy is that?

#651 9 years ago

Been a while since I played, but I was thinking it picks up the ball sometimes during multiball... Does it?

No. It will pick up the first time ball goes in there and during the start of multi-ball (if it was started via T-Rex shot). But it will never try to pick up during multi-ball.

#653 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Trust me.....forget the arms....

Agreed.

#707 9 years ago

3. What if Universal (or Data East via Stern?) wants to shut me down? Am I replicating something that requires a license? As far as I can tell, the Papo dinosaur toy line is based off of JP dinos, but aren't licensed and they're making more money than I'd ever hope to make on this project. I guess that would be the precedent for me not being as concerned about this issue.

I think you are clear here. You are making a dinosaur head. No one has the copyright on a generic dinosaur. It's not like you are making Dino The Dinosaur from the Flintstones.

1 week later
#822 9 years ago

Those teeth look great!

#831 9 years ago

Want!

#845 9 years ago

Quick question... that black bib in front of the T-Rex, is that part of the original game or part of this mod? Mine does not have that.

#847 9 years ago

If you're missing it, there's probably some kind of sheet of black rubber you could buy and cut one out.

OK, yep... I can probably make one easily enough. Would be great if someone could scan one or take a nice picture of a removed one laying flat on a table with a measurement.

#876 9 years ago

It's evolution, baby!

No doubt! Evolved!

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 month later
#953 9 years ago

I have to say... Jim's T-REX mod is beautiful!

#958 9 years ago

Is Hyperlapse the effect that YouTube applies to it? It asked me if I wanted to remove shakiness and I said yes.

4 months later
#1068 8 years ago

Might be worth mentioning that this JP T-Rex part needs to be intact and operational also:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-6640-00

1 week later
#1084 8 years ago

T-Rex is enjoying that sunshine!

2 weeks later
#1111 8 years ago

You're not the first to mention ball strikes. Under normal circumstances the t-rex is not supposed to be getting hit by the ball.

If your game is functioning normal, then the Trex only lowers to eat the ball when there is one ball on the playfield. There should never be an instance when the head is down and balls are in motion.

Maybe an air ball during normal play might hit it? But I've never seen that happen in my game.

I'll say it again. This mod is absolutely beautiful and looks even better in person. Buy with confidence.

3 months later
#1192 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

holy __ $400? Wow. Looks great though!

It is absolutely beautiful.

2 weeks later
#1218 8 years ago

I believe I am selling a mod that will hold up for a good long time.
I am using materials that I believe to be long lasting. The teeth, even though they are susceptible to some minor damage in the bottom front where the ball could potentially press them against the jaw frame and maybe clip off a bit, I don't think overall they should have an issue. I haven't had any issues in any of my tests. They're made of silicone. I used the same kind of silicone in a project when I was getting my BFA in 2008, and it is still holding up just fine to this day.
At the end of the day, this mod is going into a place with so many unknown variables, and I'm not the one installing it, so I can only reasonably cover so much in a warranty.

My T-Rex has weathered a full weekend of non-stop play at the Midwest Gaming Classic this past spring along with another day of non-stop play at the Pinball Life Open House last weekend. Those two shows plus hours of playtime in my basement. The T-Rex looks as good as new. No damage or wear at all!

#1243 8 years ago

If I recall correctly, there is a rubber grommet on the base beneath the head that helps close the mouth when the head is in the upright position. Maybe this grommet has been flattened and is not as effective? Take a look at that. Maybe augment it with something.

#1247 8 years ago

The TRex mouth should close a bit when in the upright position. You can see a rubber grommet beneath him when he is in the down position. Make sure that grommet is there and has not been worn down.

#1248 8 years ago

Notice how in my video, the mouth is "closed" and opens up as he leans down. Yours is not doing this. Yours is always wide open.

6 months later
#1338 7 years ago

If #2 or #3 is worth that much... then #1 must be worth 10k (by Christmas).

1 year later
#1447 6 years ago

This mod is a thing of beauty!

1 year later
#1696 4 years ago

I'm curious... how long does it take to print all the parts for one T-Rex with a 3D printer? It's gotta be many hours! Are you doubling up (tripling up?) on 3D printers to be able to print more than one at once?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChadH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-improved-t-rex-work-in-progress?tu=ChadH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.