thats what she said (resized).jpg
IMG_20190420_1606570 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190413_0929475 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
IMG_20190411_1643041 (resized).jpg
trex teeth (resized).PNG
IMG_20190409_1606249 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190408_2131561 (resized).jpg
There are 1,757 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 36.
#351 9 years ago

Unreal work !

#352 9 years ago

So ready for this. Going to be one of the best mod upgrades of all time.

#353 9 years ago

Wow, the teeth made it fantastic!

You took the original Sesame Street T-Rex and made it into
A real T-Rex.

Axl

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Test teeth...

These's aren't the final teeth (obviously not the final color,either), at least not in the top. These are from the same mold I made for much earlier tests. I think they look like good bottom teeth, but I'll have to sculpt some different ones for the top and figure out the best consistent way to secure them in place.
After having it sit in the game and studying it from the player's perspective I noticed some things that needed to be changed, so I worked on some improvements to the head. The front edge and the top of the crest have been altered and softened up a bit. I also lowered the top edges of the back of the head behind the brows.
» YouTube video

IMG_20141113_212544.jpg 247 KB

Very well done.

#357 9 years ago
Quoted from gac:

First let me say that this is nothing short of awesome! Not to be Debbie Downer but does the new T-Rex pick the ball up (have enough clearance) when the metal guard is installed in front of it on the playfield? Just a thought if it hadn't been tested with the metal part there. Believe me, when this is done, I'm all in. Great work.

That's not a bad question and definitely worth confirming. I'm not too concerned, but this is a great time to test it, just in case. I'll install the plate and the collar for the next video. Should actually be able to do that pretty quickly.

#358 9 years ago

Here's a test with all the surrounding hardware installed.

#360 9 years ago

Now to find a decent priced jp....damn u.

#361 9 years ago

If this doesn't make an appearance at LAX, there will be a riot

#362 9 years ago

Looks great... are you going to use glass eyes ? & if for sale are these going to be offered pre-painted to the end user ?

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

If this doesn't make an appearance at LAX, there will be a riot

We'll see. I have to make molds and get one finished first. I wish it was as simple as just painting the one I have, but it's not made out of a material that I think will hold up, especially at an expo.

Edit: Having said that, I do hope to be able to have at least one finished by then.

#364 9 years ago

Here's a reminder of how the original looks... just to compare and see how great the new one looks!

trex1.jpgtrex1.jpg

trex2.jpgtrex2.jpg

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Looks great... are you going to use glass eyes ? & if for sale are these going to be offered pre-painted to the end user ?

I haven't found any glass eyes of the right size that look any good. The eyes that are currently there are going to be part of the mold that gets made for the head. If someone wants to modify it further it would just be a matter of routing out the existing eye, installing the new eye and sculpting/painting lids around it.

I'll be able to make the existing eyes look good, though, so I'm not worried about it.

As stated in previous posts, I plan to offer unpainted and painted options. Let me get further into it before I commit to anything, though. I need to make sure I'm able to successfully cast them first.

#367 9 years ago

Yes! ...this WILL rank right up there with the Greatest Mods Ever Created! Nice work!

#368 9 years ago

A comment I made in an earlier post was that I didn't like the throat and was planning to redo it.

Here we are:
IMG_20141114_140019.jpgIMG_20141114_140019.jpg
IMG_20141114_140057.jpgIMG_20141114_140057.jpg

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

So ready for this. Going to be one of the best mod upgrades of all time.

Quoted from spfxted:

Yes! ...this WILL rank right up there with the Greatest Mods Ever Created! Nice work!

We'll see...

Talk about pressure!

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from gac:

First let me say that this is nothing short of awesome! Not to be Debbie Downer but does the new T-Rex pick the ball up (have enough clearance) when the metal guard is installed in front of it on the playfield? Just a thought if it hadn't been tested with the metal part there. Believe me, when this is done, I'm all in. Great work.

By the way, thanks for the suggestion. When I installed it for the latest video, I didn't realize the back of the dino was getting caught on the dino collar! I had to grind her back down some. She fits fine now.

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Here's a reminder of how the original looks... just to compare and see how great the new one looks!

Ha, any time I start to not like my current sculpture, I look back at the original and feel a lot better!

#373 9 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Googly eyes mod?
Axl

You might be on to something. You'll have to pay me a premium for this upgrade, though.
T-rex googly eyes.pngT-rex googly eyes.png

#374 9 years ago

Wow incredible. I cannot wait to see the eyes.

lol your shaker sounds as violent as mine. I off balanced one of the rods on purpose and it shakes my pin like trex is walking in the room.

#375 9 years ago

Stern should hire you and put out a JPve with this and Chad's new code.

#376 9 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Stern should hire you and put out a JPve with this and Chad's new code.

From your mouth to Stern's ears!

#377 9 years ago

winteriscoming that Googly Eyes LE Special Anniversary T-Rex looks awsome!
Will you reach the announced target of 1999,99$ for it?

Axl

#378 9 years ago

It will be mine.

#379 9 years ago

I love the eyes.

Can you shoot a vid with them on, or are they not attached?

#380 9 years ago

You're going to be a legend for this....

#381 9 years ago

I just wanted to point out when glass eyes get as small as I'd need them for this project, they end up looking like googly eyes... There also isn't enough consistency in their appearance for me to think they'd look better than what I'm planning to do.
Small glass eyes.pngSmall glass eyes.png

#382 9 years ago

Have you thought about printing them on vinyl and then sticking them to the back of the resin?.

#383 9 years ago

IMG_20141115_203050.jpgIMG_20141115_203050.jpg

Maybe this pic can help with fabricating eyes.

#384 9 years ago

Nice job, neighbor. I need to have you over and fabricate some awesome mods for my games!! Free play on LOTR...

#385 9 years ago

I'm at the stage now where I'm making molds (or I want to). Unfortunately it's going to take a lot more material than I had on hand... I prepped all the pieces and poured the molds for the chest/throat and the jaw, but that cleaned me out. One of them ended up not getting as much poured on it as I would have liked, so it may not even be a usable mold.

So far my biggest expense has been time since I had all the materials on hand, but at this point I'm going to have to invest money into the project to go any further.

#386 9 years ago

I'm at the stage now where I'm making molds (or I want to). Unfortunately it's going to take a lot more material than I had on hand... I prepped all the pieces and poured the molds for the chest/throat and the jaw, but that cleaned me out. One of them ended up not getting as much poured on it as I would have liked, so it may not even be a usable mold.
So far my biggest expense has been time since I had all the materials on hand, but at this point I'm going to have to invest money into the project to go any further.

Lots of buyers are lined up when you get it done.

#387 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Lots of buyers are lined up when you get it done.

I'd consider taking pre-orders, but I can't guarantee a price at this point and I don't feel that comfortable taking the money up front.

I'd also consider a kick-starter campaign or something, but I don't know what incentives I could give for people to donate.

I'm more than likely going to figure out how to fund it on my own. That way I'm really only accountable to me (well and my wife, since I'll have to spend money outside of my personal budget... ).

#388 9 years ago

I'd consider taking pre-orders, but I can't guarantee a price at this point and I don't feel that comfortable taking the money up front.
I'd also consider a kick-starter campaign or something, but I don't know what incentives I could give for people to donate.
I'm more than likely going to figure out how to fund it on my own. That way I'm really only accountable to me.

I like the cut of your jib...I'll be a buyer.

#389 9 years ago

You could take deposits - like around $50 or so. This could be used to gauge interest, and hold the buyers place in line. ...just a thought.

#390 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

You could take deposits - like around $50 or so. This could be used to gauge interest, and hold the buyers place in line. ...just a thought.

I could, but I still don't know how much I need to charge to cover my time and material costs. I don't want to take a deposit from someone and then end up charging something they don't want to or can't pay when it's finished. There's also still some development and testing to do. I'd kind of like to have a proven example of what the finished product is before I commit to anything.

I'll figure out a way to fund it.

At any rate, one of the molds I made yesterday ended up being usable.
IMG_20141116_104013.jpgIMG_20141116_104013.jpg

This project is officially on hold until I get more materials. The head/back are prepared for pouring the mold, so I won't be able to take it out and continue to develop top teeth until after the mold is made... I'll hopefully be able to put an order in tomorrow, but have no clue how long it will take to receive.

#391 9 years ago

i like it. Depending on the cost I might buy one, even tho I don't own JP anymore, but I know I will again someday.

#392 9 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Learn to Spell.

LOL, are you really THAT dumb?

*Edit* Nevermind, we already knew the answer to this when you started posting about Smaug in here.

#394 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why? did he say the smaug toy was great?

No. OP asked that the discussion stay on topic prior to this guy's post about it. Hence "LERN 2 READ" which is an intentional misspell due to the displayed idiocy following that request.

#395 9 years ago

This is coming along really nice! I will buy one also and I don't even own the pin....yet.

#396 9 years ago

By the way, thanks for the suggestion. When I installed it for the latest video, I didn't realize the back of the dino was getting caught on the dino collar! I had to grind her back down some. She fits fine now.

Glad to be of any help. I guess now I can take credit for the entire project ...and I should be at the top of the list when you are able to sell them. JK

#397 9 years ago

I'll gladly bankroll R&D of this. Let me know.

Simply pay me back later once you've recouped your costs. No fine print. I'll pay retail on one later when you have a cost. And just so your aware... Don't be cheap... Charge what your time is worth. If this head is $300 each... So be it. How much is a custom painted sparky, like $600? lol

Let me know what you need for materials and I'll paypal it no questions asked. You can send it back some day in the future.

Don't let money stop you fom developing the best mod in pinball history.

#398 9 years ago

Funny thing Jared, you beat me to it,

I was going to offer winteriscoming the same thing. Wanted to contact him directly about his funding shortfall first and offer to cover up to $600, provided that was about the extent of things.

#399 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I'll gladly bankroll R&D of this. Let me know.
Simply pay me back later once you've recouped your costs. No fine print. I'll pay retail on one later when you have a cost. And just so your aware... Don't be cheap... Charge what your time is worth. If this head is $300 each... So be it. How much is a custom painted sparky, like $600? lol
Let me know what you need for materials and I'll paypal it no questions asked. You can send it back some day in the future.
Don't let money stop you fom developing the best mod in pinball history.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Funny thing Jared, you beat me to it,
I was going to offer winteriscoming the same thing. Wanted to contact him directly about his funding shortfall first and offer to cover up to $600, provided that was about the extent of things.

You're both very generous! Thanks for the offers, but I talked to my wife and found a source for the immediate funds needed. Hopefully I'll be able to order materials to do the first run and recoup costs.

You're both very trusting, too. I could be pulling a long con here! I spend a year pretending to make a mod and then give you just enough to think I can actually pull this off, but then I say I can't fund it, collect funds from generous folks like you, and then dissapear.

#400 9 years ago

Pinball people aren't bad people.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,757 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-improved-t-rex-work-in-progress/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.