thats what she said (resized).jpg
IMG_20190420_1606570 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190413_0929475 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
IMG_20190411_1643041 (resized).jpg
trex teeth (resized).PNG
IMG_20190409_1606249 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190408_2131561 (resized).jpg
There are 1,757 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 36.
#101 10 years ago

Very nice work, looks to be a real winner when done

#102 10 years ago

Awesome! Great work! Makes me want to buy a JP!!

#103 10 years ago

Another successful test.

IMG_20131207_131509.jpgIMG_20131207_131509.jpg
#104 10 years ago

Awesome! You are doing outstanding work! I do hope you make this available for purchase when you are done! Between your mod and the rules revamping, it will be JP 3.0!

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Another successful test.
» YouTube video

IMG_20131207_131509.jpg 266 KB

Love it!!!

#106 10 years ago

Last year I lived in Louisville and work in Jeffersonville. I had a JP at the time. I would have loved to help you. To bad we never had a chance to meet up. I hope you have this done in time for the Louisville arcade expo.

#107 10 years ago

Nice job. Love seeing your progress, with video no less, thanks for updating us as you go.

#108 10 years ago

looking good. How do you think those teeth will hold up from picking up the ball? That's going to be tricky.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

looking good. How do you think those teeth will hold up from picking up the ball? That's going to be tricky.

They're silicone. I'd think they'd last a while, but time will tell. The only ones that will be kind of stressed are the ones right in front that will get compressed between the ball and the metal jaw. At any rate, they won't be too bad to reproduce, so in the event that I sell this mod, I could potentially sell replacement teeth for cheap.

#110 10 years ago

Lookin' good! I was going to sell or trade my JP, but I have renewed interest in it, as it sits. Now if you ever get this produced to sell and the new roms get out there, I might hold on to it a lot longer!

#111 10 years ago

Teeth on both top and bottom...

These aren't the final teeth, by the way. Still testing and getting things figured out before finalizing.

IMG_20131207_212452.jpgIMG_20131207_212452.jpg
#112 10 years ago

looking awesome!

#113 10 years ago

Thats looking great! Can't wait to see it finished. I hope there might be some of these for sale hint hint......

#114 10 years ago

Looking fantastic winteriscoming! Folks like you make this hobby awesome! Thanks for all your time and work!!!

#115 10 years ago

Looks great! I sure hope you have a couple extra you'd like to unload…..

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Looks amazing! TAKE MY MONEY

You ain't seen nothin' yet... Things will hopefully keep getting better and better.

#118 10 years ago

Lots of scales...

IMG_20131215_113258.jpgIMG_20131215_113258.jpg
#119 10 years ago

man that looks good. With the brown clay, reminds me of when they do a composite of a bone sample.

#120 10 years ago

Wow!!

#121 10 years ago

Nice!

#122 10 years ago

Unreal !

#125 10 years ago

Just amazing!!!!

#126 10 years ago

Looking for a JP as we speak and this makes me want to locate one even more.

DE pins never got any lovin but now with guys like this we can all rejoice !

#127 10 years ago

Definitely makes me want to get a JP! Killer mod! Keep the updates coming!

#128 10 years ago

OUTSTANDING! Truly great work and I am very much looking forward to buying the mod when it's ready!

Very impressed!

#129 10 years ago

Great work. Even DE haters are probably starting to take notice of JP, with the new code and all the fun mods you can do to it.

#130 10 years ago

Looks great WIC! Definitely in for one when/if it hits! Following this thread for sure.

#131 10 years ago

What a dramatic improvement over the original- great work on this- detailed and realistic!

1 week later
#132 10 years ago

I took a break from this project over the holidays (even though I went into my vacation fully expecting to be able to spend time on it), but will hopefully be able to devote more time to it this week. I'll be sure to post more pictures when I've got something worth showing.

#133 10 years ago

oh man that looks really good! excited to see more progress Thanks for the videos!

4 weeks later
#134 10 years ago

Since I kind of feel accountable to the people who have commented here and shown interest in this project, I just wanted to come in and say I've been slacking on this, but will finish it. I had family over recently, and had to re-install the original T-REX and have enjoyed being able to play JP again and haven't taken it back out to continue working on it. I'm also getting married in a couple of months, and I'm too much of a DIYer to spend money on paying someone else to do or make a lot of the stuff associated with the wedding, so a lot of my time is being devoted to that for now.

Anyway, the T-REX will eventually be finished (when my future wife allows me some free time ).

#135 10 years ago

Whoa! Rex-Whipped already!

#136 10 years ago

Congratulations!

#137 10 years ago

Since I kind of feel accountable to the people who have commented here and shown interest in this project, I just wanted to come in and say I've been slacking on this, but will finish it. I had family over recently, and had to re-install the original T-REX and have enjoyed being able to play JP again and haven't taken it back out to continue working on it. I'm also getting married in a couple of months, and I'm too much of a DIYer to spend money on paying someone else to do or make a lot of the stuff associated with the wedding, so a lot of my time is being devoted to that for now.
Anyway, the T-REX will eventually be finished (when my future wife allows me some free time ).

Wife? There goes your pinball collection....sorry for your loss...haha

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Wife? There goes your pinball collection....sorry for your loss...haha

Not a chance! Luckily I've got a good sized house with a full basement, so there's plenty of room for the games outside of other living areas. I've gotten her interested in pinball, too. She's a huge fan of the LOTR and Hobbit movies and hopes we get a LOTR pinball some day (maybe a NIB Hobbit if we can swing it... ).

1 week later
#139 10 years ago

...maybe a NIB Hobbit if we can swing it....

Hint...finish T-Rex, take our $, buy Hobbit.

3 weeks later
#140 10 years ago

Just amazing!! Take my money !!!

3 weeks later
#141 10 years ago

Very cool watching this from inception to reality... would love to see any progress.

#142 10 years ago

Wow that really looks good! Can't wait to see it completed! And congrats on your marriage.

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Please take my money...

I will gladly take your money when I have something to sell!

The plan is to get back into this next month. I'm contemplating a re-sculpt after what I've learned so far, and I discovered a new sculpting material that I think will stand up better to testing. I also hope to make it look even better. I can't wait until I get to the point of being able to paint one.

Don't worry, everyone, I can't wait to get a better looking T-REX in my game, so I'm in the same boat as you!

#145 10 years ago

Personally, I think you need to push the wedding back and finish this project. I simply can NOT follow this for another 6 months waiting to see the end product. The suspense is KILLING ME!!!

Seriously though, congrats! Hope everything goes smoothly for you and your bride to be. Planning a wedding can be a lot of aggravation, but a ton of fun too. Enjoy making those special memories together.

Continued good luck with the T-Rex too. You're doing a fantastic job my friend.

#146 10 years ago

Ya, with the money you could make selling these, you could take a great honeymoon trip!!

#147 10 years ago

I will gladly take your money when I have something to sell!
The plan is to get back into this next month. I'm contemplating a re-sculpt after what I've learned so far, and I discovered a new sculpting material that I think will stand up better to testing. I also hope to make it look even better. I can't wait until I get to the point of being able to paint one.
Don't worry, everyone, I can't wait to get an better looking T-REX in my game, so I'm in the same boat as you!

I would be willing to pay in advance. Ya know... JJP style... you take my money... use it... post updates every few months... I get what I paid for 3-4 years later. People do it for thousands... why not you do it for hundreds? LOL!!

But seriously, you could crowdfund the heads and R&D costs in advance in exchange for a first run dibs on the finished project. I am 100% sure that we would all fund it for you. Just decide how much you need to get... ya know... to push it off the backburner.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I would be willing to pay in advance. Ya know... JJP style... you take my money... use it... post updates every few months... I get what I paid for 3-4 years later. People do it for thousands... why not you do it for hundreds? LOL!!
But seriously, you could crowdfund the heads and R&D costs in advance in exchange for a first run dibs on the finished project. I am 100% sure that we would all fund it for you. Just decide how much you need to get... ya know... to push it off the backburner.

I can fund the project. That's not holding me up. Besides, I don't want to actually be accountable to you guys! Then you'll really put the pressure on!

Honestly, though, I don't want to take any money from anyone until I know I've got something I think will hold up and I'm proud to put my name on.

#149 10 years ago

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding, and keep up the good work.

#150 10 years ago

I can fund the project. That's not holding me up. Besides, I don't want to actually be accountable to you guys! Then you'll really put the pressure on!
Honestly, though, I don't want to take any money from anyone until I know I've got something I think will hold up and I'm proud to put my name on.

100% respectable. Thanks man.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
There are 1,757 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-improved-t-rex-work-in-progress/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.