thats what she said (resized).jpg
IMG_20190420_1606570 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190413_0929475 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
IMG_20190411_1643041 (resized).jpg
trex teeth (resized).PNG
IMG_20190409_1606249 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190408_2131561 (resized).jpg
There are 1,757 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 36.
#601 9 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

She looks more brown there. I'll do a brown version for the next one and see what everyone thinks.

I love the green one, but maybe the brown would be even better? Personally, I like the darker green...

#602 9 years ago

I know we probably all sound like broken records at this point but this is just outstanding. Your T-Rex just gets better and better by the day. Anxiously awaiting the day you go to market. I fear you are going to get bombarded initially with orders. Just remember how much us fanatics really appreciate the work you have done. This is by far the coolest, most professional looking pinball mod to come out imo. Awesome job.

#603 9 years ago

Separated at birth. One went to Bedrock the other to Jurassic Park!

Before & After.pngBefore & After.png
#604 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Agree dark gums look better than pink....dinos did not brush.

So that's why my gums are dark!

#605 9 years ago

I do kind of have a future idea of making some broken electric fencing around the t-rex, though... we'll see.

Sounds like to need to take a break and recharge for a little while. (now the group will shoot me)

#606 9 years ago

I do kind of have a future idea of making some broken electric fencing around the t-rex, though...

I had also planned on making an electric fence ... but after seeing your work here I'll just wait for your product!

#607 9 years ago

Every time I see an update it looks more amazing! Wonderful work! You sir are a true artist.

#608 9 years ago

Amazing work, That is awesome! What a difference from the original.

#609 9 years ago

Very, very nice! It all looks great, yet I especially liked the membrane connecting the maxilla to the mandible as I thought that was excellent attention to detail!

Like others, I am very much looking forward to the final design!

#610 9 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

I especially liked the membrane connecting the maxilla to the mandible as I thought that was excellent attention to detail!

You can thank the Papo T-rex for giving me the idea on how it could have that membrane and still work! The membrane on the Papo is fixed to the top, though I had to swap it to the bottom for this application since it was easier to work a void into the top of the head for the membrane to disappear up into.

For anyone just wanting a cheap, good looking T-rex (or any dino for that matter), go for the Papo for sure!
http://www.amazon.com/Tyrannosaurus-Colors-May-Vary-Green/dp/B000KO7QK8/ref=sr_1_2

#611 9 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Sounds like to need to take a break and recharge for a little while. (now the group will shoot me)

Quoted from Daniml:

I had also planned on making an electric fence ... but after seeing your work here I'll just wait for your product!

I plan to get through this T-rex (at least 1!) before taking on any other mods.

#612 9 years ago

Looks outstanding.

Much better than ithought it would.
Now I just hope the new code comes with the new Jurassic World movie.

#613 9 years ago

For anyone just wanting a cheap, good looking T-rex (or any dino for that matter), go for the Papo for sure!

Shy of ordering online I can't find Papo anywhere local. All the stores seem to have transitioned to Schleich, which are just as nice for the dino's you can find. Still had to order my pteranodon's from http://www.happyhentoys.com.

#614 9 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

Still had to order my pteranodon's from http://www.happyhentoys.com.

Sorry, should have posted this under JP Mods. Let's not digress.

#615 9 years ago

I think I'm going to skip painting the teeth/gums. Painting silicone comes with a series of challenges and often requires hazardous solvents. I don't have a space with good enough ventilation to be repeatedly painting these things a few inches away from my face with all the fun fumes generated in the process... It's not worth the risk to my health. Not that my experiments so far yielded a result that I wanted anyway.

#616 9 years ago

I like the pink gums. It makes the face pop more and adds a little light color...

#617 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I like the pink gums. It makes the face pop more and adds a little light color...

but its killing him....and we don't want that.

#618 9 years ago

Here's a leaked image of the hybrid dino toy from the Jurassic World Pin!

IMG_20141202_125405.jpgIMG_20141202_125405.jpg

#619 9 years ago

I want the Orthodinoist VE. 10,000 rubles by Xmas.

#620 9 years ago

Working on a brown t-rex now.

IMG_20141202_191203.jpgIMG_20141202_191203.jpg

#621 9 years ago

Impressive.

#622 9 years ago

I'm liking the fact that these will be hand painted... making each one unique.

#623 9 years ago

Brown one looks even better! Simply amazing

#624 9 years ago

I didn't think you could improve on the green.....I was wrong. MOST impressive!

#625 9 years ago

Brown one looks even better. Goodness gracious. I like the eyes a bit smaller as shown...

Hundreds of dollars in paypal ready to send... say the word... say the word...

#626 9 years ago

The brown looks a little more dry brushed & a bit more sinister with the squinty eye.

#627 9 years ago

What an amazing piece!! I think this might be the best looking pinball mod out there right now!!

#628 9 years ago

Looks amazing. So cool that one of pinball's best toys is finally getting the make over it deserves.

This awesome looking toy actually bends down and EATS the pinball! How crazy is that?

#629 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I like the eyes a bit smaller as shown...

Well, they're not that small when I put the replacement eyes in... I've got a slightly smaller size lens on order and should hopefully be able to show an example of that next week.

Quoted from Pinballocks:

The brown looks a little more dry brushed & a bit more sinister with the squinty eye.

Hmm... even at current size of the replacement eyes, I could just sculpt more squinty lids on...

As it is, the eyes that are part of the original sculpture are routed out and the replacement eyes placed in with new lids sculpted on.

For now, here are some better pics. Big thanks to my wife for taking them with her DSLR!

_IGP3152.JPG_IGP3152.JPG_IGP3155.JPG_IGP3155.JPG_IGP3157.JPG_IGP3157.JPG_IGP3159.JPG_IGP3159.JPG_IGP3160.JPG_IGP3160.JPG

I'm interested in all feedback at this point about what you think should maybe be different. I like the brown one more and will probably proceed with making that the standard.

#630 9 years ago

Here it is sitting in the game:
_IGP3165.JPG_IGP3165.JPG_IGP3169.JPG_IGP3169.JPG_IGP3166.JPG_IGP3166.JPG_IGP3171.JPG_IGP3171.JPG

#631 9 years ago

Very nice. My wallet is cared to know what this will run lol

#632 9 years ago

looks fantastic as is. I'm ready to buy one now.

#633 9 years ago

Oh... my.... goodness....

You should have warned us to hold on to our butts.

#634 9 years ago

gonna see if my son wants one for his jp

#635 9 years ago

Best. Mod. Ever!!!

#636 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'm ready to buy one now.

I'm not ready to sell yet and haven't locked down a price. I still have some more experiments, such as a clearcoat, and play testing to do.

#637 9 years ago

I'm not ready to sell yet and haven't locked down a price. I still have some more experiments, such as a clearcoat, and play testing to do.

Keep plugging! It's truly the coolest mod I've seen.

#638 9 years ago

Looks incredible man! Can't wait. Are you still thinking of adding arms? Not that it's needed because it looks great as is but you just keep making it better and better every day when I check this thread.

#639 9 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Looks incredible man! Can't wait. Are you still thinking of adding arms? Not that it's needed because it looks great as is but you just keep making it better and better every day when I check this thread.

Pretty soon it's gonna walk down the playfield and turn itself on...

#640 9 years ago

AHHHHHHH MMMAAAAAYYY ZZIIIINNNNNNNNNGG!!

#641 9 years ago

do you really need to clearcoat? it's not going to get hit by the ball. Plus the more paint you have, the less flex it's going allow without cracking off. Only part I could see getting some wear would be the snout.

#642 9 years ago

Damn. Seriously better than anything Bally/Williams, Stern, JJP or Back Alley Creations has ever produced.

Here it is sitting in the game:

_IGP3165.JPG 230 KB

_IGP3169.JPG 157 KB

_IGP3166.JPG 217 KB

_IGP3171.JPG 191 KB

#643 9 years ago

Wow, nothing like waking up and seeing these latest pictures!! Wow!
Awesome work. I am going to our gaming room later today and continuing making my JP ready for when its burnt PPB will be fixed, and imagining the new T-rex sitting on the playfield

#644 9 years ago

Wow! I cannot wait for one of these bad boys! IMO brown looks better, but they both look amazing!
Great work sir.

#645 9 years ago

Again, what can I say, perfect! Might I suggest you play with the spot light in the game and try a warm bulb? I find it creates a more ominous effect.

#646 9 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I'm not sure about arms. I'm still thinking about it, but I don't know that they will add much and could just get in the way. I've got a couple of ideas about how they could work, but it might add too much complication to the project will too little payoff. We'll see.

I was also thinking about adding a silicone tongue, but not sure if I want to pursue that in light of the difficulties I'v had painting silicone. I may try for a new tongue decal.

#647 9 years ago

I've been following this thread and think this is coming out amazing, ad me to the list of people who now want to buy a JP just to use this mod. Being you asked for feedback I'll give you my 2 cents. I like the eyes on the smaller side, but when I saw yours next to the original I kind of liked the semi blinking look of the original one. But what stands out to me is the teeth, I like the teeth, but they have a sort of 'connected' look, I think each tooth should look like an individual tooth, more separation, right now they remind of the plastic fangs kid use. I also like the lighter pink color of the gums. I also thought the greenish version was great but now I'm liking the brown one too, your attention to detail is amazing and you obviously put a lot of thought into your work, I think it's going to be a masterpiece! ( And that's coming from an old school guy who generally doesn't like mods).

#648 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

do you really need to clearcoat? it's not going to get hit by the ball. Plus the more paint you have, the less flex it's going allow without cracking off. Only part I could see getting some wear would be the snout.

The resin is so rigid that there's not a lot of flex anyway. I'm mostly looking to add a thin protection coat for handling and overall look. I will NOT be making it all glossy, though. Gloss is going to be restricted to specific areas such as the mouth.

I'm expecting that over time the front of the nose and the front of the mouth will likely get worn down where contact with the pf is made. I'm trying to make those areas dark, so that as they wear, you won't notice as much since the resin underneath is black.

Regarding ball hits, I think it's not something I'm too worried about protecting against, but there are scenarios where the ball could hit the top of the head such as during the ball search sequence and maybe during multiball (Been a while since I played, but I was thinking it picks up the ball sometimes during multiball... Does it?).

#649 9 years ago

I can tell you if I ever get my hands on a jp this is a must have regardless of cost...well almost regardless of cost. If it's in line with dirty Donnie sparkies I would see that as fair.

#650 9 years ago

I vote for the green one. Looks more like the T-REX from the movie.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,757 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-improved-t-rex-work-in-progress/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.