By AtTheArcade

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150912_141702.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AtTheArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hello All!

I'm relatively new to pinball. I bought my first machine a year ago and sold it recently for Jurassic Park. I know VERY little about working on these things. I did a few mods to my Star Trek Premium but they were all super easy. I was under the playfield of my JP today hooking up two LED strips to the very back to light the "When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth" sign and light up the back of the playfield. The previous owner already had one green strip back there so I took that one out and replaced it with a white one. I hooked it up exactly like he had it with two alligator clips on the GI (pic attached). I booted the game up just to make sure all was good and the light turned on. So then I hooked the second one up to another GI light on the other side and booted the game up to make sure all was good and both lights turned on. I decided to put the playfield down and play a few games to make sure the strips were placed where I wanted them. I was only watching the back area of the game though and didn't notice until the end of my game that the front half GI lights weren't lighting. The back half, including the strips, were lit just fine, but the front half wasn't working. Being new to repair stuff the only thing I knew to do was to check for loose connections (I didn't see any but maybe I'm missing something) and to check the fuses. I only saw four fuses on the power board. I pulled all four out and checked them on my multimeter and all were fine.

I'm not really sure where to go from here. I do not have a working knowledge of electronics, how to use a multimeter, what to touch and what not to touch on a live machine, etc. There are some repair guys in town that I can call but I know they are going to charge $100 to come out and I figured I'd at least try some more basic troubleshooting before I go that route. I'm interested in learning more about repair stuff since I officially have the pinball bug and plan on owning more late 80's and 90's games that I'm sure will need little things here and there. So what better time to learn then now I guess? If anyone is gracious enough to toss out some ideas, I'd be more than willing to listen. Just keep in mind that I really have no idea what I'm doing and will need some hand holding. I don't want to damage anything or shock myself fooling around in areas I shouldn't be fooling around in. LOL. Thanks in advance!

IMG_20150912_141702.jpgIMG_20150912_141702.jpg

#3 8 years ago

Thanks for the reply LTG. It was just a fuse. I originally pulled the fuses on the power supply board and all of those were good but after doing a bit more digging on Pinside I noticed that the board beneath the power supply board also had a row of fuses with the same F1 through F4 identifiers. I pulled those other fuses and sure enough, one was out. Replaced it and I'm back in business. So glad it was an easy fix!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AtTheArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-gi-problem?tu=AtTheArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.