Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8589.jpg
IMG_1588.jpg
1IMG_8592.jpg
1IMG_8590.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Hey guys, I've finally finished shopping out and restoring my first pin, a JP ready for sale for pin #2. I've put a ton of work into it and loved (mostly) every minute of it. Some might notice that the pops are pretty active for a typical JP, this is because I completely rebuilt them recently — they're awesome!

In order to aid the sale I've recorded a gameplay video which I thought I'd share. At 7:35 there's a cool outlane shake out (don't know what the proper term is!) that I was glad to capture on video. I've got this set up as easy as possible so my friends and family can enjoy it.

https://vimeo.com/53367673

Here are also a few pics of the pin just for kicks. I'm proud of it, what can I say

1IMG_8590.jpg1IMG_8590.jpg IMG_1588.jpgIMG_1588.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Very nice looking JP and you have some pretty advance ball handling skills!

#3 11 years ago

Damn, really makes me miss my Jurassic Park. I sold it while still too new to pinball: before I really even knew how to set a machine up correctly. I seriously need to find another Jurassic Park in WI, IA or IL.

#4 11 years ago

That's a great looking machine! Love the custom lights above the holes.

#5 11 years ago

Makes me want a JP, too bad you're on the wrong side of the pond.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from ollagynot:

That's a great looking machine! Love the custom lights above the holes.

Thanks for the kind words If you have a JP I am in the process of producing an updated design which I'll sell in the coming weeks. Keep an eye out!

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Very nice looking JP and you have some pretty advance ball handling skills!

That's good feedback, thanks. I've only been playing pinball about 8 months, I've got a lot to learn.

Needing to film with the glass off makes it quite difficult to play I found. The added noise is very disconcerting! It's amazing how heavy that ball really sounds.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Thanks for the kind words If you have a JP I am in the process of producing an updated design which I'll sell in the coming weeks. Keep an eye out!

What is your target price on these? They look pretty cool.

#9 11 years ago

In the progress thread on my mods for this pin (http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-has-been-well-shopped-commencing-mods-…) I had positive feedback to a price of $100 for the kit and I've got a bunch of people on the waiting list.

I am trying to also source the trees but I found them as part of a toy set at a store here in New Zealand that no longer seem to stock them! If I can find them I can include the trees for a bit extra, as they really complete the look.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

In the progress thread on my mods for this pin (http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-has-been-well-shopped-commencing-mods-…) I had positive feedback to a price of $100 for the kit and I've got a bunch of people on the waiting list.
I am trying to also source the trees but I found them as part of a toy set at a store here in New Zealand that no longer seem to stock them! If I can find them I can include the trees for a bit extra, as they really complete the look.

Thats definitely something I'd be interested in.

#11 11 years ago

Awesome. If my latest batch of test cuts and inserts turn out great then I'll have them ready for sale within a week I hope.

#12 11 years ago

I have a JP too I love it... I couldn't help myself.... Do I see drum bags in the pic? With a cymbal bag too? What do you play? PM me I would love to chat drums..
DGrabber

#13 11 years ago

The moving tree behind T-Rex is new.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from DGrabber:

I have a JP too I love it... I couldn't help myself.... Do I see drum bags in the pic? With a cymbal bag too? What do you play? PM me I would love to chat drums..
DGrabber

Yes I am indeed a drummer. I played for a number of years in a jazz/blues quartet but we have been on hiatus for the last 18 months or so. I definitely miss gigging, I need to start another band I think!

I'm fairly amateur, I'm self-taught and so I'm not really in the 'drumming scene' shall we say. I play a Gretsch Catalina Maple 7-ply fitted with Remo Fibreskins. As for cymbals I've got 13" Ziljian K Custom Dark hi-hats, a rare old round badge Paiste Sound Factory 15" crash, a Paiste Signature Series 18" full crash, and an untitled old Sabian 20" ride.

Quoted from Crash:

The moving tree behind T-Rex is new.

Haha! It's an ode to Treebeard the Ent

I only recently got the T-Rex moving left/right so for most of the time I've had the trees installed it hasn't moved. I still like it there

#15 11 years ago

Very cool man, I know how it is with bands. Playing music is the easy part, keeping the band together is a whole different battle. I'm a cymbal guy too, I have a bunch of K Constantinoples and been really getting into UFIP. I have to say as far as drums go my brand is definitely Sonor, you can't beat German quality. If you ever get back in the scene and need anything at all feel free to hit me up. I'm the sales manager for Dales Drum Shop, one of the largest independent drum shops in the United States. I will be glad to help out a fellow pinsider.
-DGrabber

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-gameplay-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.