Jurassic park game restart during dot matrix animation

By BurialCurse

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

If youve played jurassic park u may notice during game play, a velociraptor runs across the dotmatrix display that u can shoot at ( if you got a free hand). This isnt during a skill shot. So i start pullin the trigger and also hit the start button, and the game resets! This only happens of u have extra credits, and doesnt start a multi player game mode.

I did notice i am running the 4.04 cpu. Does anyone know if there are newer rom chips and where i can get one?

#2 11 years ago

Soooo...you hit the start button and it started a new game...

Isn't that like getting mad at the flipper because it keeps moving up when you touch the pesky flipper button?

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
314-766-4587

#3 11 years ago

This is in the middle of the game. Probably not that big of a deal; but its goin into a bar and i wanna make sure all the bugs are worked out.

#4 11 years ago

The start button essentially has the potential to restart during gameplay. Erasing the one yer playing.

#5 11 years ago

On some pins you can turn this feature off in the menu.

#6 11 years ago

Yes. And you're expecting it to work differently?

Some games have a setting to allow that to not happen. In JP that's Adjustment 37.

This isn't a bug though, the way it normally works, if the start button is pressed during the first ball, a player is added. If it's pressed after the first ball, a new game starts. Some games will allow for an adjustment to delay the start, so you have to press and hold the start button to start a new game. Most games though will start a new game if you press the start button unless adjustable.

That's why I kick little kids in the shins when they get close to a game I'm playing. You know that little SOB is going to push the flashing light of that start button on a marathon game I'm having and set my score back to zero.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
314-766-4587

#7 11 years ago

My hurricane restarts if I hit start during a game, totally normal.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

That's why I kick little kids in the shins when they get close to a game I'm playing. You know that little SOB is going to push the flashing light of that start button on a marathon game I'm having and set my score back to zero.

Unless the father is nearby and you'd rather lose your high score than your life

#9 11 years ago

Many of my games have a restart problem where a new game begins after ball 3 drains. It's terrible.

#10 11 years ago

Yep, and every time i manage to get that damn ball off the PF a new one pops back out.

#11 11 years ago

Aaah cool. Thanks guys just makin sure shes in tip top shape!

#12 11 years ago

It's a feature...when no one is watching I can press the start button and it's all erased...no one knows the difference.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-game-restart-during-dot-matrix-animation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.