5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by sataneatscheese
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_gizzard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 months ago

Having an issue with my lower right JP flipper. Undertook a flipper rebuild due to weak right lower flipper. Rebuild went without issues, resoldered all wires as they were initially based on pre-disassembly pics. Powered up the game and it played great for two games. Right flipper had power and was playing great. Then right flipper suddenly stops working. No flip at all. Remove glass and I can feel a vibration on the flipper itself when the button is pressed. If you move the flipper to the top position and hold the button it will stay there. Flipper seems to move freely without binding. Further diagnostics so far show that the LED light on the flipper board does not light when I close the switch at the button. Other flippers light normally including the upper right flipper which is on the same cabinet switch as the lower right one. All fuses on the flipper board were metered out and are ok. Rechecked all wire connection and solder joints and they seem ok.

Any ideas?

#3 5 months ago

EOS is working correctly. I don't get an LED light on L1 when pressing the right flipper. I do get L3 lit when pressing the right flipper button all the way in to engage that switch. I also get LED on L3 when I short across the cab switch for the upper flipper but nothing when I short across the lower flipper switch.

I have checked all the fuses on the PBB and they are look ok and meter out ok. I have pulled the flipper control board, I don't see any solder joints that look specifically suspect but I will take a close look at the L1 areas since that seems to be the issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 149.99
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_gizzard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside