Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Aflacjack
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Having an issue with my lower right JP flipper. Undertook a flipper rebuild due to weak right lower flipper. Rebuild went without issues, resoldered all wires as they were initially based on pre-disassembly pics. Powered up the game and it played great for two games. Right flipper had power and was playing great. Then right flipper suddenly stops working. No flip at all. Remove glass and I can feel a vibration on the flipper itself when the button is pressed. If you move the flipper to the top position and hold the button it will stay there. Flipper seems to move freely without binding. Further diagnostics so far show that the LED light on the flipper board does not light when I close the switch at the button. Other flippers light normally including the upper right flipper which is on the same cabinet switch as the lower right one. All fuses on the flipper board were metered out and are ok. Rechecked all wire connection and solder joints and they seem ok.

Any ideas?

#2 4 years ago

Is the EOS working correctly?
Normaly closed!!!

#3 4 years ago

EOS is working correctly. I don't get an LED light on L1 when pressing the right flipper. I do get L3 lit when pressing the right flipper button all the way in to engage that switch. I also get LED on L3 when I short across the cab switch for the upper flipper but nothing when I short across the lower flipper switch.

I have checked all the fuses on the PBB and they are look ok and meter out ok. I have pulled the flipper control board, I don't see any solder joints that look specifically suspect but I will take a close look at the L1 areas since that seems to be the issue.

#4 4 years ago

I never troubleshot all the way to the board but had a very similar issue with my lower right flipper a few months back with the same symptoms of being able to feel the vibration but no actual flip. The source of my problem was that when I put the playfield down, I somehow squished the contact switch right next to the flipper button so it didn't sit properly. I would lift up the playfield and see if the switch that the flipper buttons control has been bent in any way. I don't know exactly why this fixed my issue, but if you are opening your machine to troubleshoot check this.

#5 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tq=&tu=sataneatscheese

Check post #5219 in this thread for my similar symptoms and solution.

2 years later
#6 2 years ago

Thank you guys for this post. I had a similar issue and a search brought me here. Right lower flipper stopped mid game..upper still was fine. No fuses blown, same led lighting as previous poster…would humm a little when energized and then would hold if I helped up there…Then I went to the eos switch which was newer and so is the coil. I pressed on it and it worked! Let go and it flipped once and stopped…repeated a few times and it always stopped. So, I took a business card and rubbed it between the contacts while holding it closed. Now it works like new. The game must have had a carbon piece that was not allowing a good connection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-flipper-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.