• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi,

Can't figure out the problem/solution with my JP DMD. When I boot the machine, the DMD works perfectly. I mean, every pixel lights perfectly while the T-Rex does its tests. A few seconds after that, the DMD acts like it's outgassing and shuts off completely. (Sometimes, it comes back for a while but acts like it's outgassing)

-Yes, I tried another DMD and it worked perfectly for 5 minutes before it did the exact same problem.
-Yes, I reseated many times each connector / ribbon cable from the DMD to the boards.

I really don't think it can be the display chip, when it worked for 5 minutes, every animation was displayed perfectly on the DMD.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

Dave

#2 6 years ago

Check the voltages going into the dmd after it dies?

#3 6 years ago

Make sure your ribbon cables are inserted correctly . Red line to pin 1

#4 6 years ago

Shot in the dark, perhaps a power issue. Are all the fuse clips tight on the power supply? Those DE fuse clips are good for getting weak and not passing power very well. When game is turned off for a couple of minutes, give each fuse a wiggle/tug to see if they are securely clamped on.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

Shot in the dark, perhaps a power issue. Are all the fuse clips tight on the power supply? Those DE fuse clips are good for getting weak and not passing power very well. When game is turned off for a couple of minutes, give each fuse a wiggle/tug to see if they are securely clamped on.

I think your 'shot in the dark' hit something! One of the fuse sockets was loose. Now the DMD stays on for a longer time. I will install another fuse socket tomorrow on that board and see what it does.

Thank you so much, I will keep you informed if it works.

Dave

#6 6 years ago

Sadly, nope... It keeps getting the same glitches.

A dozen tries later: It works perfectly... After 1 minute or 2 , the DMD disappears. After another minute, it reappears like it's an outgassing one. (Flashing, missing spots, disappears/reappears") that's really weird and I can't figure out what to do.

#7 6 years ago

I just played a full 20 minutes game. No issues at all. No animation whatsoever with the game over screen / sequence. After that, when I started a new game, it looked like an outgassing DMD.

#8 6 years ago

Disconnect and remove the power supply board from the backbox. Examine the back of the board for dry solder joints on the connector pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-dmd-issue-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.