(Topic ID: 321613)

Jurassic Park (DE) vs Jurassic Park (Stern)

By Bengarce277

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I haven't been able to play either, but I was wondering what your opinions on these two are. My wife would love a Jurassic Park pin with a moving T-Rex, but I can't tell which ones move or don't.

Used Prices seem to be very close.

#jurassic-park - Ranked #94 - $4500
    Jurassic Park (Home Edition) Unranked - $4000
    Jurassic Park (Pro) Ranked #32 - $6800

Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

DAta east JP Dino moves & the stern premium or le models

#3 1 year ago

While each of the JP machines are great on their own merits, I prefer the DE version myself based on the adherence to events only in the original film, a wider variety of characters from the film making voice callouts (as opposed to "generic narrator" and the one licensed character Dennis Nedry in the later Sterns).

That being said, the Stern Pro/Premium version probably has greater overall depth. Can't really speak to the home Pin version though as I think I've only played that version once. The DE one can feel a bit thinner at times, even using the Chad's 6.0 code (which makes a big improvement and is a suuuper easy install).

Whichever way you go I'm sure you'll have a ton of fun, but just wanted to chip in my $.02!

#4 1 year ago

DE JP was the second game I owned it only lasted a few months for me personally, I did have the updated ROMs but the modes didn’t really seem to mean anything for the progress in the game. Yes you needed them all to start the wizard mode but other than that most of them were really just try to survive to start the next one.

I’ve only played the Stern one a handful of times but I would take that any day over the DE one but I like game progression more than points so I like the idea of working through the paddocks and the control rooms modes.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-de-vs-jurassic-park-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.