• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B20B077D-3269-410E-B43B-E8B09DF5D570 (resized).jpeg
20200321_132824 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

The left/right movement on my t-rex hasn't worked since I acquired this game awhile ago. The up/down and ball eating work fine so I've just never been that motivated to look into it. Since we're pretty house bound I figured why not see if I can crack it.

All the wiring looks good on the motors. When I go into the t-rex test, when I use the left and right flipper buttons I can hear a relay click and the motor sounds like its running, but there is no movement left and right.

In the research I've done it seems like alot of people have had this problem and the fix is always a little different. The schematics in the manual aren't that great (or I'm dumb which is just as likely) but it looks like Q27 controls the left right movement. I'm wondering if that is just bad since it it sounds like the relay and motor are working in test.

In looking at the switche, the one on the right of the underside of the playfield has this diode wired on....is that correct?

If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Just wanted to see if there was something else I should check out before I pull the mpu and Q27.

20200321_132824 (resized).jpg20200321_132824 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

Yep mine looks the same. I’m shopping the game right now, so if there’s anything else you need pics of just ask.

B20B077D-3269-410E-B43B-E8B09DF5D570 (resized).jpegB20B077D-3269-410E-B43B-E8B09DF5D570 (resized).jpeg
#3 4 years ago

If a small relay on a printed circuit boards runs the motor for this. I'd pull the board and reflow the solder on it first. Age and vibration is hard on those DE motor boards.

LTG : )

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If a small relay on a printed circuit boards runs the motor for this. I'd pull the board and reflow the solder on it first. Age and vibration is hard on those DE motor boards.
LTG : )

I'll see if I can track down where the relay for it is. These schematics are not the best ha.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

it looks like Q27 controls the left right movement. I'm wondering if that is just bad since it it sounds like the relay and motor are working in test.

That is what I found causing the issue on a friend's JP. Go for it.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I'll see if I can track down where the relay for it is. These schematics are not the best ha.

Under the playfield, further from Rex than you would expect. Reflow worked for me when Rex would only go one direction.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/91#post-4571777

#7 4 years ago

The relay had all the wires soldered to the pins, so I repinned the connector and the header pins and reflowed all the solder hoping I'd get lucky. No change after that so I'll probably pull the board and test the transistor.

#8 4 years ago

Q27 and Q24 both tested good as did the pre driver for Q27. I swapped Q27 anyway since I had the board out and no change there. Is there a good way to figure out if the problem is upstream in the board or down at the mech itself?

If I've got the schematic right it looks like the PPB board is not used in the movement at all. Q27, Q19 and R70 all test good. After that on the board it looks looks there are 2 ICs, a 7408 and then a 6821. Is there a way to check at the motor to rule out a bad motor before I go further back into the board?

2 years later
#9 1 year ago

grantopia did you ever figure out the side to side issue with trex ?

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from maveric18:

grantopia did you ever figure out the side to side issue with trex ?

Unfortunately no, honestly I've had it turned off since I got the game anyway ha. I assume its the motor itself after my trouble shooting above but didn't care enough to keep looking at it since there's basically no impact to the game play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-de-t-rex-left-right-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.